Gepan

Zenyte 2 - Blog #9 - Mobile

zenyt.png
C8SPDTd.gif

Zenyte 2 - Blog #9
Revision Upgrade

Hello All,

I'd like to seize this opportunity to share some insights with the community regarding our plans for the revision upgrade and the thought process that led us to this decision. Let me take a moment to provide some context. In our gaming world, a "revision" is akin to a version of the game. Currently, we find ourselves at revision 179 (2019), while the live game, Old School Runescape, has advanced to revision 216, soon to reach 217 (2023). This substantial gap represents several years of continuous content updates.

Just as we are sure you do, our development team envisions Zenyte flourishing as a game capable of offering the latest content, stepping out of the 2019 era. However, it's vital to understand that while we're upgrading the revision, the actual coding of new content remains a separate task. Think of this revision upgrade as enhancing our underlying infrastructure, enabling us to code fresh content rather than directly delivering it to you.

Numerous hours will be dedicated by every member of our Development Team behind the scenes to ensure that once the revision upgrade is finalized, the game will continue to function as you've always experienced. Yet, this leads us to an exceptionally significant subject, quite possibly the most crucial aspect of this announcement. Mobile.

Mobile functionality has played a crucial role in our game since its launch, with approximately 20% of our player base engaging with it in various ways. At present, there is no one providing the latest revisions with mobile capabilities that match the standards we've set, both in our game and in OSRS. While there have been whispers of upcoming releases that aim to emulate this functionality, it's worth noting that these versions may come with limitations on FPS (frames per second).

Our intention is to proceed with the revision upgrade, even though the status of mobile integration may not be fully resolved. We plan to reassess this matter after the revision is complete.  We've decided to dedicate a substantial amount of funds towards research and development for this endeavor. However, it's important to acknowledge that the exact timeframe for its completion remains uncertain at this point.  In my estimation, a reasonable estimate would be a period of at least two months or more.

I  recognize that the initial loss of mobile functionality might seem disappointing, but I kindly urge each of you to take a moment to review the OSRS updates from 2019 up to the present and consider the myriad possibilities this upgrade will unlock for the entire game.

Thanks,

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

Oh... okay... that fucking SUCKS for Me and a few others... also I know of two other ps that have near-to the current revision. But aight:/

Joined March 23, 2021and didn't really play until I got the email regarding the reset. Instantly on and haven't touched any others since. Big ole RIP & funky timing. Shrug.

Edited by AvariceBrah
because sad

Yeah have to agree with Avaricebruh this really sucks and iv gone through this before there is ways around losing mobile. So the guys that only have mobile but been playing for years just get booted? I have a few ideas and I know some one who may be able to help without losing mobile. It's possible iv seen it done. Like Avarice said, iv played a few servers that are very nice. Message me on disc! Ig0tMunchies420

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AvariceBrah said:

Oh... okay... that fucking SUCKS for Me and a few others... also I know of two other ps that have near-to the current revision. But aight:/

Joined March 23, 2021and didn't really play until I got the email regarding the reset. Instantly on and haven't touched any others since. Big ole RIP & funky timing. Shrug.

Couldn't agree more brother 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 5:08 PM, AvariceBrah said:

We doing everything we can to get mobile, but it just isn't confirmed to be possible. there may be servers on higher revisions than us with mobile, but the revision we are upgrading to would require c++ mobile instead of the java mobile that every other server uses right now.

Normo_banner_Tesla_5.gif

Just don't give people what they didn't ask for that is a huge mistake and the downfall of a lot of business always trying to upgrade isn't always the best choice put out a community pole or something instead of just assuming what everyone wants I've been a member of Zenyte for years now but quit awhile back when I decided to play again and learn there was a wipe and I read all of the blogs for V2 but a lot of things people just aren't wanting and will be the downfall of Zenyte if mobile is lost

I came here for mobile. That was what the ad said, rsps on mobile!

I agree that updating to a new revision is essential, I won't be playing much until mobile is re-released. As I am a father now and I cannot play on the pc while taking care of my son. This really feels like a nail to the heart.

Also a lot of community polls are mentioned but I haven't been notified through email about them - which is also a nail to the heart. I do have an opinion that I would like to be heard. Even if I am a minority, at least then I can say that I've been heard.

We have held a community poll and the majority of players agreed to have a revision upgrade with more content over having mobile. It's really not an easy choice for us to make or do, but the potential to gain more is there and we need to take it. We're starting to run out of content to code in this current revision, and then we'll be at a stalemate or pushing out nothing but QoL patches and updates. We're sad to see players go over it, and we do hope you'll have a change of heart at some point.

• Like 1

zWczpcn.png

n5QCFbt.png

On 10/6/2023 at 7:59 AM, Baka said:

We have held a community poll and the majority of players agreed to have a revision upgrade with more content over having mobile. It's really not an easy choice for us to make or do, but the potential to gain more is there and we need to take it. We're starting to run out of content to code in this current revision, and then we'll be at a stalemate or pushing out nothing but QoL patches and updates. We're sad to see players go over it, and we do hope you'll have a change of heart at some point.

Giga oof I just got approved for event staff >~> 

What's current timeline outlook for revision