Gepan

Zenyte 2 - Blog #3

zenyt.png
C8SPDTd.gif

Zenyte 2 - Blog #3

Dear Community,

Thank you for taking the time to read the 3rd edition of our reset blog.  We have made a lot of progress over the last week and I would like to take a minute to provide our players with an update. 

Our Systems Team worked hard over the weekend and migrated our servers to the new hardware located in London.  This will be also including the website and forums. 

Our Development Team has been working on a complete a inital review and modification of all of the commits (changes) from 2019 until present.  I am excited to announce that we have completed 75% of this initial review. This should allow for a smooth transition once Cresinkel is back from vacation and allow us to start to pave the way for new and improved content releases.

Our Staff Team has been working behind the scenes to make sure we are utalizing every method to our advantage for player support.  This includes the recent migration of support tickets, ban appeals, and player reports to discord.  We will also be working on detailed informational topics for FAQs and general support topics.

I would like to bring to your attention that the Staff Team held a meeting this week to review our current progress. As stated in the FAQ, we are aiming for a launch in the first half of August, specifically on either the 4th or 11th. However, it is essential to note that this timeline is tentative and subject to change depending on various factors. We will keep you informed of any updates or adjustments as we move forward. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

jhtt2mP.png

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

In my honest opinion, I feel like the main concern for Zenyte is available content. Although server migration and upgrades to the infrastructure are important, content on Zenyte has been lacking for a while now. Compared to other servers out there now, Zenyte doesn't have as much content as I believe it should and getting this content added should be priority #1 going forward. I have no ill feelings towards anyone involved with Zenyte and I'm confident the team here is very competent.

One more thing I want to say is that I think the forums can use some sort of overhaul. In my opinion, either redesigning the forums or getting rid of it entirely is the best move. Even if there isn't a plan to get rid of it, doing some sort of redesign is definitely needed. The current forum design is hideous to navigate and the UX does not make it enjoyable to use. The best move for a redesign would be to create a new theme and make it 1:1 or as close to the rest of the web design. It isn't hard to do, it just takes someone who is competent of doing it.

Again, I'm not here to bash or trying to make a fool out of anyone. I want to give my thoughts on ways that Zenyte can be improved going forward. I appreciate anyone taking the time to read me ramble.

TL;DR: server's content and forums need an extreme overhaul

Edited by Jett

10 hours ago, Jett said:

In my honest opinion, I feel like the main concern for Zenyte is available content. Although server migration and upgrades to the infrastructure are important, content on Zenyte has been lacking for a while now. Compared to other servers out there now, Zenyte doesn't have as much content as I believe it should and getting this content added should be priority #1 going forward. I have no ill feelings towards anyone involved with Zenyte and I'm confident the team here is very competent.

One more thing I want to say is that I think the forums can use some sort of overhaul. In my opinion, either redesigning the forums or getting rid of it entirely is the best move. Even if there isn't a plan to get rid of it, doing some sort of redesign is definitely needed. The current forum design is hideous to navigate and the UX does not make it enjoyable to use. The best move for a redesign would be to create a new theme and make it 1:1 or as close to the rest of the web design. It isn't hard to do, it just takes someone who is competent of doing it.

Again, I'm not here to bash or trying to make a fool out of anyone. I want to give my thoughts on ways that Zenyte can be improved going forward. I appreciate anyone taking the time to read me ramble.

TL;DR: server's content and forums need an extreme overhaul

Thanks for the feedback Jett. We agree, our goal with Zenyte is to progress the game forward and continue to bring new content to the community. We feel the best way to do this is to reset. This will allow us to remove the custom content that was added as a 'bridge' for when we did not have regular game updates. So going forward our goal is to get the newer OSRS content added. 

For the forums, I agree that it is quite clunky. However this will not be our focus prior to reset. This may be a focus after we get Zenyte up and running again. Our main priority now is to put all of our efforts into getting Zenyte ready for reset so that we can all get back to progressing our characters!

tZu6oN6.gif

Discord: Panda_Scape

Zenyte RulesNew Player Guide | Golden Guides | Forums Guide