Gepan

Community Poll - Theatre of Blood - Death Mechanics

Which death mechanic would you like to see?  

61 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which death mechanic would you like to see?

• Option 1.
    • Option 2.
    • Option 3.
    • ANOHER OPTION (PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD)

smallerzen.png
C8SPDTd.gif
Community Poll - Theatre of Blood - Death Mechanics

Hello Community,

The Development Team and Management Team have been in deep in discussions about the Theatre of Blood and we have decided to reach out to the community on their opinions on the death mechanics.  We are looking into three different avenues and we would like your opinion on which one you think best fits Zenyte.

1.) The death mechanics should follow the death mechanics of OSRS and Hardcore Ironman should lose their status upon a full death.

2.) The death mechanics should be altered because we are a RSPS and follow a path similar to RAIDS I (COX) allowing for safe deaths and the ability to continue on with your raid upon death however your chances for a higher tier reward will be less. 

3.) The death mechanics should be altered because we are a RSPS as said above in 2.) however there will be a gold sink added such as a fee of 750k to conduct a TOB raid.

Thank you,

jhtt2mP.png

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

Voted for option #1 because TOB will be the only place acceptable for me to lose my status and that was the whole plan from the beginning of making this account 🙂

2 ToB's:

Safe sandbox (no loot, nerfed npc's)

&

Regular ToB with 07 death mechanics 

• Like 1

felix.png

My reasoning for picking option 2: It allows those who get good at ToB better chances at rewards than not-as-good players, but still allows the not-as-good players to earn some small rewards for playing and learning.

After a certain death count, that player would become ineligible to receive the rare rewards and would only get the tertiaries. This would be more akin to the reward system for The Gauntlet in OSRS.

What about the death mechanics like in osrs, but add a practice mode also.

• Like 1

Just now, HC Tuoppi said:

I would love to see this! If this is possible than this has my vote 100%

• Like 1

newsig.png

Promoted to Jr. Mod: July 9th 2021
Promoted to
mod_silver.gif.63d2610f9e1093693e85bc4fa4d61eb4.gifModerator: July 28th 2021
Promoted to
S1455I12.pngGlobal Moderator: September 3rd 2021 

Vote | Store | Announcements | Rules | Guides | Discord

My Forum Goals

Have a normal TOB mode in which the death mechanics is the same as OSRS (loss of items and HC status)

But also have a sandbox mode. Sandbox mode would be safe death (no loss of items or HC status) but no reward for completing (bosses should not be nerfed). There could be a charge for sandbox mode but I think free would be best.

I think having the sandbox mode will be very beneficial. People can learn with or without online guides, people who are not sure if they like raids can try it out and see if they enjoy raiding, ability to test out different gear, and others that I can't think of.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HC Tuoppi said:

53 minutes ago, Jaden410 said:

I would love to see this! If this is possible than this has my vote 100%

That's the plan if Option 1 passes. Is to add a learner mode with safe deaths, nerfed boss stats, but no rewards at all. It would also not count towards the normal killcount.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gepan said:

3.) The death mechanics should be altered because we are a RSPS as said above in 2.) however there will be a gold sink added such as a fee of 750k to conduct a TOB raid.

Does this mean:

1. a fee of 750k is always paid, regardless of whether or not a player dies.

2. A 750k fee is collected to continue on a raid (like putting quarters in an arcade cabinet).

3. Something else?

-----

I guess I'm in option 2 regardless 😃

Definately option 1. When you create a HCIM, the goal is obtaining items while protecting your status, if we gonna make ToB safe for HCIM, then might aswell make other places safe for HCIM aswell.. which results of no sense creating hardcore account.

• Like 2

Where is the challenge if you don't chose option 1? You got to remember that HCIM should be challenging till the very end!

Edited by Hexae
  • Like 2

IGN: spacer.pngHexae

ToB should be ToB. CoX is also almost 1-1 with OSRS. I would definitely keep this the same with ToB. Besides the fact that you would otherwise flood the economy with loot from ToB because it’ll be completeable wether you die or not.

In my personal experience, the risk of whiping the team taught me to be better at PvM overall.

1200px-Verzik_Vitur_display.png.df0484436e799246ca332ab9ffdaa700.pngQ.png.95f4d6f2d7390bfe5a61accc3cb50074.png300px-Great_Olm.png.4b5727b57d536a43859f0c6be79a04a3.png

Raids School Signup | Raids 1 Guide

1 hour ago, Grant said:

That's the plan if Option 1 passes. Is to add a learner mode with safe deaths, nerfed boss stats, but no rewards at all. It would also not count towards the normal killcount.

I would like that! Lowers the bar to stay away from ToB for all the members too!

1200px-Verzik_Vitur_display.png.df0484436e799246ca332ab9ffdaa700.pngQ.png.95f4d6f2d7390bfe5a61accc3cb50074.png300px-Great_Olm.png.4b5727b57d536a43859f0c6be79a04a3.png

Raids School Signup | Raids 1 Guide

I think it's important to keep the somewhat steep death mechanics. It makes it way more of an actual achievement to have those items, especially on a hc. It's one of the things I like least about cox, you can throw yourself death after death and get items and proudly wear them as a hc. 

I do like the idea of a learner mode though, to learn, test gear, try as hc without dying so you can be confident in your abilities. 

As a player that does little to no part of this type of content, my opinion is really not that solid, but id say, keep it 1;1 , wiping the team should be a risk, this is end of the game content you either survive or die untill you learn how too survive ! 😮 (learning mode would be a cool concept) though i could support that. if it restricted you from purple loot.

justice

I'd like to see a Zulrah (with diary) like death mechanic for HCIM, one free death a day.

Screenshot_27.png

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

As a player that does little to no part of this type of content, my opinion is really not that solid, but id say, keep it 1;1 , wiping the team should be a risk, this is end of the game content you either survive or die untill you learn how too survive ! 😮 (learning mode would be a cool concept) though i could support that. if it restricted you from purple loot.

RS3 practice mode for bosses is nice because it's safe death, you use your own supply but get no drops. It may seem harsh said like that but if you just spend 10 kills worth of supply to learn how to not die to a boss then these supplies pay more than a HCIM account as whole. One of the few rare things that they did right in my opinion.

Screenshot_27.png

2 hours ago, Iron Arm said:

I'd like to see a Zulrah (with diary) like death mechanic for HCIM, one free death a day.

Perhaps we could poll that separately as Morytania Elite rewards, requiring 1 ToB completion before its available.

Option 1

rest are stupid

• Confused 1