CoX Prodigy

Crystal seeds

Hello dear zenyte lovers,

As an IRONMAN (50x/25x) account i would like to share the following experience ;

86M thiefing experience (obtained around 70m from thiefing elves)

186M mining experience (obtained 170m from mining crystalized ores)

26M  woodcutting experience (obtained 13m from cutting crystal trees)

amound of opened elven chests : 160

obtained rare crystal seeds (weapon/tool/armour) : 1 x weapon seed @ 60th chest

i STRONGLY suggest to increase the droprates of crystal armour seeds by atleast 20% of its current droprate, tool seeds 20% since the tools are very usefull but doesnt make sense to obtain a tool seed after i achieve 200m woodcutting and mining. We have to considder that we are playing a private server since we dont like to spend hours and hours into the real game grinding stuff (atleast me). It will clearly take over a month of skilling (10 hours a day) with average RNG to obtain a full set of crystal armour as an ironman.

Not because i am lucky to pull an early weapon seed, but i suggest to have the crystal seed rarety stable since the weapon(s) we do obtain from it are quite powerfull.

• Like 2

IIRC all of the seeds are 1/200 right now and if that's the case then I can give my support to making Crystal tool seed 1/100, Arm seed 1/150 & keep weapon at 1/200.

• Like 1

You are able to get approximately 700 crystal shards/hour which imo is kinda good, even if you aren't lucky enough to receive the seeds you still get pretty nice loots from the chest (especially as an ironman).

Bossing in general is always good option for the shards even if it may be much more slower than woodcutting, thieving or mining - it's still rewarding after all.

We can take this to consideration.

I do have to agree, after looking at how it's been in-game, as an ironman it feels sort of like an endless grind.

I can't imagine the anger that would overcome me if for example I got 3 crystal tool seeds before a weapon, even an armor seed. I agree with @Ashihamathat the tool/armor seed rarities should be decreased, but keep the weapon seeds as is. 

If possible, would also like to see some double shard events, duno how that would go down or if even possible, but would be pretty cool and help out a shite tonne..

EDIT: one thing we do have to remember is that the elven chest is also ripe with other rewards, those dragon projectiles are pretty awesome

• Like 1

Felix_SM.png

Hello @CoX Prodigy, thank you for making this post and if you dont mind I will reply with my own personal experince.

As an IRONMAN (50x/25x) account I would like to share the following experience ;

77M thieving experience (obtained around 70m from thieving elves)

370M mining experience (obtained 360m from mining crystalized ores)

220~M  woodcutting experience (obtained 210m from cutting crystal trees)

amount of opened elven chests : 600

obtained rare crystal seeds (weapon/tool/armour) : 1 x weapon seed, 3 tool seeds.

Indeed the supplies are amazing as @HC Tuoppi and @Fe Felixmentioned in their reply in this thread, BUT, they are almost of no use (except dragon darts) to a maxed account such as mine. Sure, they could be sold for profit but as we know, the market has it's ups and downs and sometimes  they just gather dust in the bank. 

Now, as someone searching only for the crystal set, getting 3 tool seeds falls around the droprate @Ashihama mentioned but I would much prefer them to be other kind. 

I understand my case is not everyones case, there are people opening the chest who are not maxed and the supplies that come out of it are very useful to progress their account but after, I would say, 200 (might be a bit less, I honestly dont know) hours of shard and key gathering I dont feel rewarded to keep doing it. 

What if instead of increasing the drop rate of the seeds, the cost of making the keys was halved? I honestly think that is a better solution, because it would reward people who actively grind this chest and want to grab the new items without devaluing the items themselves that would start to appear due to the increased drop rate.

Anyhow, these are my two cents that I have been holding on for quite some time.

If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss any opinions, feel free to pm me ingame or on Discord @WEZZED.

Worst Hc Lul

• Like 2

4273f4f48b504df392173a272721ff5c.png

5b725269cb6c458606489db44ab5d288.png

90095361c1f8afdc022f63fb76226b89.png

9 hours ago, Worst hc lul said:

Hello @CoX Prodigy, thank you for making this post and if you dont mind I will reply with my own personal experince.

As an IRONMAN (50x/25x) account I would like to share the following experience ;

77M thieving experience (obtained around 70m from thieving elves)

370M mining experience (obtained 360m from mining crystalized ores)

220~M  woodcutting experience (obtained 210m from cutting crystal trees)

amount of opened elven chests : 600

obtained rare crystal seeds (weapon/tool/armour) : 1 x weapon seed, 3 tool seeds.

Indeed the supplies are amazing as @HC Tuoppi and @Fe Felixmentioned in their reply in this thread, BUT, they are almost of no use (except dragon darts) to a maxed account such as mine. Sure, they could be sold for profit but as we know, the market has it's ups and downs and sometimes  they just gather dust in the bank. 

Now, as someone searching only for the crystal set, getting 3 tool seeds falls around the droprate @Ashihama mentioned but I would much prefer them to be other kind. 

I understand my case is not everyones case, there are people opening the chest who are not maxed and the supplies that come out of it are very useful to progress their account but after, I would say, 200 (might be a bit less, I honestly dont know) hours of shard and key gathering I dont feel rewarded to keep doing it. 

What if instead of increasing the drop rate of the seeds, the cost of making the keys was halved? I honestly think that is a better solution, because it would reward people who actively grind this chest and want to grab the new items without devaluing the items themselves that would start to appear due to the increased drop rate.

Anyhow, these are my two cents that I have been holding on for quite some time.

If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss any opinions, feel free to pm me ingame or on Discord @WEZZED.

Worst Hc Lul

So if i did understand it correctly, your aim is to have an enhanced key with 50 pieces of crystal shards and a crystal key? This is also a great idea to take in to suggestions, however i have 40m slayer experience and obtaning enough crystal keys to sustain 50 shards per key is a bit unbalanced. This time we may have the issue that we can grind a good amount of crystal shards but we have to do a lot of slayer to be able to use the shards on the keys. If we half the cost of making an enhanced key i would like to suggest to have crystal keys from slayer tasks slightly more common that it is right now.

Edited by CoX Prodigy

1 hour ago, I Eat Babies said:

Also, Isn't cutting the shard amount needed in half basically the same as increasing drop rate by x2?

Basically, not at all.

2 hours ago, I Eat Babies said:

Also, Isn't cutting the shard amount needed in half basically the same as increasing drop rate by x2?

If we focus on obtaining the crystal seeds ratio wise; yes 

However in the case that you get 1 enhanced key with 50 shards you open 2 times more chests which generates more supplies in the game.

I wonder if dismantling unwanted seeds for X amount of shards would be something smiled upon?

As mentioned above, changing the shard rate will effect the amount of crystal key grinding we would have to do and could just cause another issue similar to this one. 

Another thing that could be pretty dope is if a slight chance was added that you keep the enhanced key after using it, meaning every now and then one of your keys can be used twice? Doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long run (opening 600 chests in worst HC's case) could add up to quite the extra amount of keys, which means more chances at a crystal seed.

@CoX Prodigy@Worst hc lul@HC Tuoppi@Ashihama

• Like 2

Felix_SM.png

5 minutes ago, Fe Felix said:

I wonder if dismantling unwanted seeds for X amount of shards would be something smiled upon?

As mentioned above, changing the shard rate will effect the amount of crystal key grinding we would have to do and could just cause another issue similar to this one. 

Another thing that could be pretty dope is if a slight chance was added that you keep the enhanced key after using it, meaning every now and then one of your keys can be used twice? Doesn't seem like a lot, but in the long run (opening 600 chests in worst HC's case) could add up to quite the extra amount of keys, which means more chances at a crystal seed.

@CoX Prodigy@Worst hc lul@HC Tuoppi@Ashihama

Dear Felix, in my opinion the following would be the best changes;

Option A

Decreasing tool seed to 1/100 and armour seed to 1/150 (as Ashihama suggested), while having all other things as we do have right now.

Option B

Holding the droprates same, increasing the mounts of shards that we obtain from bosses appr. by 25%, hosting double shard events, and having a 10% chance to keep the key after using it.

What you have Suggested as destroy an unwanted crystal seed type is a PERFECT idea, however i would suggest atleast 2k crystal shards for obtaining it, other than that it would be very lowballing in my opinion. 

@Fe Felix@HC Tuoppi@Ashihama@Worst hc lul

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoX Prodigy said:

i would suggest atleast 2k crystal shards for obtaining it

Agreed, seeing as a blueprint is 2k shards i think 1500-2k (maybe randomized) would be pretty cool.

5 minutes ago, CoX Prodigy said:

hosting double shard events, and having a 10% chance to keep the key after using it.

And in regards to this one, I really would like to see some doubled shard events, but I'd of course have to verify that something like that is even possible. 

Same goes for keeping the key after using it, although, that one seems a lot more doable (coming from 0 experience)

Felix_SM.png

Just wanted to add what I've gotten as well. I've opened 1000 chests also and received 1 armor seed and 4 tool seeds. I've pretty much only been looking for 1 weapon seed to make blade and 1000 chests later, still grinding for it...

Would be nice to see some changes to make grind bit better. On a 50/25x, seems like you can go 200m in mining, wcing and thieving before completing set of seeds especially if you get multiples of the wrong ones

Update- actually at 1150 chests, 1 armor seed and 5 tool seeds now

Edited by Pot0111

20 hours ago, Pot0111 said:

Just wanted to add what I've gotten as well. I've opened 1000 chests also and received 1 armor seed and 4 tool seeds. I've pretty much only been looking for 1 weapon seed to make blade and 1000 chests later, still grinding for it...

Would be nice to see some changes to make grind bit better. On a 50/25x, seems like you can go 200m in mining, wcing and thieving before completing set of seeds especially if you get multiples of the wrong ones

Update- actually at 1150 chests, 1 armor seed and 5 tool seeds now

omg... this is painfull