Gepan

Community Poll - Future Updates I

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to add additional wilderness boss teleports? (Examples would be Callisto, Venenatis)

• Yes.
    • No. (Please comment)
  2. 2. Do you want us to add additional wilderness teleports? (Examples would be Resource Area, Chaos Temple)

• Yes.
    • No. (Please comment)
  3. 3. Do you want us to implement some sort of crystal shard harvesting? (Read full description in thread)

• Yes.
    • No.
  4. 4. If we decided to implement some sort of crystal shard harvesting should we add crystal armors?

• Yes.
    • No.
  5. 5. If we decided to implement some sort of crystal shard harvesting should we add divine potions?

• Yes.
    • No.
  6. 6. Should we have another event similar to the HCIM leagues we hosted a couple of months ago and offer twisted league armors as a reward?

• Yes.
    • No.
  7. 7. Would you like the Development Team to focus on Tithe Farm or Castle Wars if you had to pick between the two?

• Tithe Farm
    • Castle Wars
  8. 8. Do you feel that the PVP armors that are currently obtained by wilderness bosses or slayer are overpowered?

• Yes.
    • No.
  9. 9. Do you think we should add a key that unlocks a skilling supply chest at home? (This key would be obtained during skilling similar to a supply drop.)

• Yes.
    • No.

smallerzen.png
C8SPDTd.gif

Hello Community Members,

The "Direction of Your Game" Poll received a remarkable response and it became quite clear by the 80% margin that most players want us to update the game based upon logic even if doesn't follow the OSRS mechanics by 100%.  I do however want to mention that this is a case by case basis and we will still try to follow the same path of OSRS to the best of our developing ability however we do not want to lock great content by the inability to have a revision completed in a timely manner. (An example would be the next 2 to 4 weeks) 

I have been working closely with members of our community, former staff members/developers and current staff members to come up with a list of proposed changes that we believe could be implemented in a respectful timeframe.  I have asked some questions in this poll to get some clarity as to the type of content our players would like to see in their game. If you have any questions, concerns or statements to add toward any of these poll questions please do not hesitate to reply.

Crystal Shards - We will attempt to add parts of the area however if we are not able to successfully without a revision we may consider adding things like the ability to pickpocket the elves for a chance at crystal shards, or add the chance of obtaining crystal shards from ores/trees around LLetya/Elf City.  We may even have an option of adding a exclusive Crystal Tree in the patch used for the Song of Elves quest inside of Lletya. The ideas are endless we will just want to make sure they are logical to OSRS standards. 

Sincerely,

Matt 

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

Posted (edited)

I replied no to boss teleports b/c of the following: 

1. They are already fairly easy to get to, either from the existing dragon TPs  or from the Ancient Magics.
2. Trivializes scouting / hunting PvMers

3. If dark crabs/chaos temple/resource area TPs are added to the game, they would also make getting to the bosses easier. (which I said yes to)

The other topic that I should touch on is PvP sets. I think they are in a good place power wise right now, but I think they need to degrade like barrows gear. Not really sure of exact numbers but x10 or x25 the maintenance costs of a barrows piece seems reasonable for the power of the items. All while following the same degrading rules as barrows gear (breaks on death etc.) What this would look like is as follows:

Dharok's Clapper - Cost to repair: 100,000 gp 

Vesta's Longsword - Cost to repair: 1,000,000 gp or 2,500,000 gp (as an example)

This would also have the effect of insuring that rapier and inquis wont be overshadowed in every situation when they are released.

(plsplspls put tithe and the library minigame in the game)

Edited by Orenria

I feel like Tithe Farm would be more interesting to see on Zenyte rather than Castle Wars. I just don't really see it (CW) been that successful. It offers so little in the long-term. I also believe that adding a skilling chest would be a great addition to the server; it would encourage players to do skilling more often rather than just focusing PVM. In other words, it would kinda balances Skilling/PvM rewards.

• Zenyte 2

IGN: https://cdn.zenyte.com/assets/forum/crowns/Developer.svgHexae

1 & 2; No, the wilderness is already empty but part of the danger right now is the trip to the locations. On the other hand having a teleport close the bosses would also make it even more difficult to kill them. I don't see it as an healthy option in both scenarios.

7; It's difficult to get Pest Control going, I don't see Castle Wars actually being used. However I voted for it since from having watched videos I hated Tithe Farm (I don't play OSRS and this is the only RSPS I play, can't say I did it myself.)

9; I assume that will be for normal accounts like the supply drops. I think that would be good seeing how there is not a lot of trading going on sadly.

Screenshot_27.png

First of all, props to you guys for using a poll system, that will definitely save you some time and give you some more input of what's desired and what is not.

1 -> no -> Zenyte's Wilderness is already provided of many teleports and bosses aren't that hard to reach at all. Adding boss teleports would make it even easier to find and kill people (since you want this prevented)

2 -> no -> same reason as above. On top of that, a burning amulet from the BH-shop has very interesting locations to teleport to already.

7 -> NEITHER -> focus on end-game content. It's what everyone has been waiting/craving for, for so long. Please.

8 -> yes -> PvP armour and weapons were initially only a DMM thing. They are tier 78 and outscale bandos, armadyl and ahrim's (left Ancestral out on purpose) by far. By all means these should be either: stat nerfed, turn into dust after x-amount of time used in content or at least degrade to a version where you can't use it anymore and should recharge it. This will prevent people of abusing them at different locations throughout Zenyte.

All other questions don't need an elaboration.

Good luck with the development!

regarding question 1, the wildy bosses tele's would be useful but pkers that camp for drops can easily tele to them and steal their loots. i know i would if i was into loot stealing because the temptation would be there. And it would turn people off even more from wilderness trekking. but that's just me.

1. Do you want us to add additional wilderness boss teleports? (Examples would be Callisto, Venenatis)

ANS: Yes but I believe having these teleports dropped by players who are killed in the wilderness for a good enough drop rate that makes them a viable pking item in hopes that pking might pick up a little bit for those who want a more active wilderness. , also by wildy NPC's only, also only allowing limited teleports to these locations.. Say 5 teleports till the scroll depletes and you'll have to obtain a new one to regain the 5 teleports.

2. Do you want us to add additional wilderness teleports? (Examples would be Resource Area, Chaos Temple)

ANS: No, there has to be some personal journeys made with no engineered teleport. I fully believe the example locations and any other than the boss teleports should not be added, it would make a few spells on the spellbooks a bit redundant. 

7.Would you like the Development Team to focus on Tithe Farm or Castle Wars if you had to pick between the two?

ANS: IMO I would like to see castle wars out, it'll be a great additional location to have an event(s) with a great potential for ensuring plenty of fun and games for all who attend.

Opi.