Gepan

Community Poll - Zenyte Survey #1

Community Poll - Zenyte Survey  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How did you find the Server Information?

• RUNELOCUS
    • RSPS - LIST
    • RUNE-SERVER
    • ANOTHER TOPLIST SITE - PLEASE COMMENT
    • GOOGLE SEARCH OF MOBILE OSRS RSPS/PRIVATE SERVERS
    • A FRIEND
    • OTHER - PLEASE COMMENT
  2. 2. When did you become a member of Zenyte?

• February 2021
    • January 2021
    • December 2020
    • November 2020
    • Before November 2020
  3. 3. How do you feel the Staff Team is performing since you have joined Zenyte?

• Excellent (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
    • Fair (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
    • Poor (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
  4. 4. How do you feel the Events Team is performing since you have joined Zenyte?

• Excellent (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
    • Fair (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
    • Poor (You may comment if you wish to provide feedback)
  5. 5. Do you think the Development Team should continue to poll all major changes prior to updates to make sure the community is onboard with changes?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other -

smallerzen.png
C8SPDTd.gif
Community Poll - Zenyte Survey 

Hello Community Members,

The Management Team and Administrator Yamato have been analyzing our current player base and we ask that you take a few minutes to review and answer some general questions about the server.  I will be selecting two individuals who answers all of the poll questions at random to receive a pick in a goodie bag. 

Thanks,

Gepan

• Like 1

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

rsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Report a Player  | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

I think all is going well, Some more events would be a benefit I reckon 🙂 Otherwise, love it 🙂 Keep it up team!

oui oui keep up the work , and hopefully updates will be soon to come

Always Here to Help, Feel free to message me on forums or discord

Dez902#1786169870359_zenyte-newBanner.png.3cf8e192d2031acea334fd4cf9167ddb.png

How do you feel the Staff Team is performing since you have joined Zenyte?

In my opinion, and don't take this wrong, sometimes staff can be very strict, i've seen a couple of arguments been held in "help chat" that were finished with players being kicked, when the subject itself wasnt no big deal, not very game related but still i think that you should try to reinforce the "comunity spirit" and not so much as a "dictatorship" as sometimes it seems to be.

There was one event that didnt started at the scheduled hour, nor was the admin in charge of it online at that time. was a Pest Control event.

For me was irrelevant but the new players realy enjoy these events, expecially the minigames, winterlot pest control and such, not having an event start on time can be very demotivating for new commers witch we want to atract and mantain.

• Like 2

I actually really like this server. Been here since feb of 2020.

To answer the first question. I don't remember because its been a while, however I did quite a bit of research and tried a lot of others before I came across this one.

To answer the staff performance question. I feel like the current staff has been the most open and friendly since I joined. Haven't personally had any issues with past staff but I know there was alot of drama a while back and the community doesn't need that.

I like the events however it would be nice to get some new events happening. New ideas.

1 minute ago, Piri said:

In my opinion, and don't take this wrong, sometimes staff can be very strict, i've seen a couple of arguments been held in "help chat" that were finished with players being kicked, when the subject itself wasnt no big deal, not very game related but still i think that you should try to reinforce the "comunity spirit" and not so much as a "dictatorship" as sometimes it seems to be.

There was one event that didnt started at the scheduled hour, nor was the admin in charge of it online at that time. was a Pest Control event.

For me was irrelevant but the new players realy enjoy these events, expecially the minigames, winterlot pest control and such, not having an event start on time can be very demotivating for new commers witch we want to atract and mantain.

Hello Piri,

I am extremely grateful that you have came forward and spoke your mind this has been something I personally have been looking into over the last couple of weeks.  Your feedback is always welcome under my leadership and never feel like you can't message me personally or our Head of Staff (V Iking) if you feel an issue isn't addressed properly. We also have a Report a Staff section and I personally review every report!

Sincerely,

Gepan 

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

rsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Report a Player  | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

i think this is a good post, and should do it oftenly fosure.
this is my 6/7th day and im loving this server i think all staff are chill, big up certain ones that help me out daily. i honnestly have no negatives, events everyday its sick!

Been here since release, my staff rating (excellent) is about the recent staff members, I don't think experiences with people that are gone should reflect my current opinion.

I voted other for the fifth question, I think that the content should be polled but staff has a say in what comes first.

Edited by Iron Arm

Screenshot_27.png

My notes: Prior to quitting for a few months, I thought the staff team was garbage. They was way to hostile with the community, an picked sides for everything. It was ridiculous, an a big reason for me leaving.

So My score on current staff is 10/10. Itzcnote100, Slice, Felix, Matt, Aractur? or w.e dudes name is ( sorry brother!) kal33, bascially all your staff, is on point. Helping the community, interacting an being exactly how they should. You guys are doing great!

I found this server, by youtubing rsps's. That probably doesnt attract as many players as it use to, because no one makes videos no more. 

Should everything be poles? Well yes, an no. Some things will obviously be better for the buisness aspect of the server, rather then making 1 or two members happy. 

AS LONG AS IT DONT EFFECT THE ECONOMY OR THE PLAYERS ABILITY TO PLAY HAPPILY. 

As a response to wether we should poll all major changes prior to an update, personally I say YES , this gives the community insight on what we are currently working on and it also gives us as staff the idea/feeling that we are heading in the right direction with the server. When we plan on adding something we want to know how the community feels about such a big change. For example; Adding the Bludgeon pieces to the abbysal demon loot table was something we wanted the communities opinion about. We know it belongs to the Sire Boss, but for temp. solutions and QOL updates I believe it's good to keep them polled.

Minor updates, such as bug fixes, I don't feel that needs to be polled at all.

- Slice

• Like 3

slice.png

Been here since early Fall 2019 - I think - under different pseudonyms (Oregano, Oregano2, etc.). Honestly, I keep coming back to Zenyte because it's what I want in a RSPS - a no-frills experience that isn't loaded down with obnoxious custom content or P2W mechanics.

As far as growing the server is concerned... personally, construction and ToB should be (and AFAIK, still are) an absolute top priority -- I think this point has been discussed to oblivion and back though. It's just disheartening to play for well over a year and not have construction implemented yet. The main point im trying to make is that I believe base features must be flushed out if we are to grow.

It would also be neat to see a feature implemented that rewards players for contributing goods to the G.E. Maybe have it tied to 'economy points', or something where users can exchange points for EXP, raw resources, finished potions/food/ammo, and/or cosmetics. Something similar to slayer, but for item collecting.

I'm not familiar with the technical limitations, but my idea would be something akin to:

-> User interacts with NPC.

-> NPC provides assignment to bring back 'X' amount of an item after user has chosen the assignment difficulty.

-> User brings back item 'X' in the correct amount.

-> User is rewarded with [5 - easy |10 - medium |20 - hard |40 - elite |??? - master] economy points.

-> Items collected are placed on the G.E. at -25% to +25% of an established base value. The value within this range is randomly generated at time of auction listing, but has a 85% bias towards listing an item between +5% - +25% base price. This protects actual sellers who would otherwise be undercut and out sold, but does not entirely remove the possibility of someone scoring items "on sale" occasionally.

-> The tasks provided are based on what tasks other people are assigned to respective to their assignment difficulty, so that the market doesn't become saturated with one or only a few items.

-> Completing multiple tasks in a row provides bonus points respective to how many tasks have been completed from each difficulty.

-> Tasks do not expire.

-> Users can cancel a task, but their next task must be below the difficulty last accepted (with the exception of beginner tasks). Resetting a task resets streak bonuses.

-> Task Examples:

Easy - 100 bowstring / 50 steel bars / 75 gold bars

Medium - 200 yew logs / 100 yew shortbow (u) / 150 raw karambwan

Hard - 20 ninja implings / 200 cooked anglerfish / 150 adamant bars

Elite - 300 runite bars / 150 cleaned torstols / 1500 rune darts

Master - (this would contain boss item drops and other high-level PvM rares like serp helm, cut zenyte, god sword parts, ballistae parts, abyssal whips, etc. -- only one item would be required. Earned points would be tied directly to the item requested and its rarity.)

I think this would certainly let us stand out from the crowd a bit more, as well as at least help with the economy issues. Obviously a lot more thought would need to be put into balancing the difficulty categories, amount of economy points, possible rewards, etc.

Anyways, regardless of the development progression, I plan to stay here for the foreseeable future. You guys are all great - staff and player base alike - and make this private server truly special.

• Like 1

1) Personally found the server through a mutual when the player base was going through the peak.. Out of everyone i associated with back then no longer plays and has migrated to either other servers or they have regained their interest in osrs (zulrah fan92 for example) big shame really as this type of server needs a strong player base. Without it you're limited on really pushing an appeal to play.

2) Can't remember, long ago.

3) Seeing a vast amount of staff changes during my stint it would be highly unfair for me to look to the past, all the false promises and hope hard pushed by once ex-loved staff members. My only issue right now is solely the moderation of the help cc.. We have a tight knit community on this server only really peaking at like mid 60s at any one time. I feel that conversation should be allow to flow more regarding "edge" discussion matters. I'm not saying lets sit there and throw around direct flame at eachother and flame bait and whatnot but i feel the moderation is too strict for the purpose the cc holds. In general though the assistance seems to be there for new players, the mods do their thing and apart from Matt the Administration+ is generally approachable. That being said Matt isnt there to push questions and opinions to so i can see why he just ignores his pms. Shame though since some of us are banned from the discord. 

4) I don't really have the time or effort to get involved with the niche events they hold.. Looks like quite a success though. Could probably do with more CoX events rather than just garbage content or pet hunts though.. Maybe think outside the box.

5) As i understand it there is no full-time dev for zenyte.. You might as well poll updates so you can utilize what little time they do spend on the server going towards what the players actually want. Sure it hinders potential good updates for some but in the grand scheme of things its likely they wouldn't get added in a timely manner anyway. 

16 hours ago, Nerdomundo2 said:

Been here since early Fall 2019 - I think - under different pseudonyms (Oregano, Oregano2, etc.). Honestly, I keep coming back to Zenyte because it's what I want in a RSPS - a no-frills experience that isn't loaded down with obnoxious custom content or P2W mechanics.

As far as growing the server is concerned... personally, construction and ToB should be (and AFAIK, still are) an absolute top priority -- I think this point has been discussed to oblivion and back though. It's just disheartening to play for well over a year and not have construction implemented yet. The main point im trying to make is that I believe base features must be flushed out if we are to grow.

It would also be neat to see a feature implemented that rewards players for contributing goods to the G.E. Maybe have it tied to 'economy points', or something where users can exchange points for EXP, raw resources, finished potions/food/ammo, and/or cosmetics. Something similar to slayer, but for item collecting.

I'm not familiar with the technical limitations, but my idea would be something akin to:

-> User interacts with NPC.

-> NPC provides assignment to bring back 'X' amount of an item after user has chosen the assignment difficulty.

-> User brings back item 'X' in the correct amount.

-> User is rewarded with [5 - easy |10 - medium |20 - hard |40 - elite |??? - master] economy points.

-> Items collected are placed on the G.E. at -25% to +25% of an established base value. The value within this range is randomly generated at time of auction listing, but has a 85% bias towards listing an item between +5% - +25% base price. This protects actual sellers who would otherwise be undercut and out sold, but does not entirely remove the possibility of someone scoring items "on sale" occasionally.

-> The tasks provided are based on what tasks other people are assigned to respective to their assignment difficulty, so that the market doesn't become saturated with one or only a few items.

-> Completing multiple tasks in a row provides bonus points respective to how many tasks have been completed from each difficulty.

-> Tasks do not expire.

-> Users can cancel a task, but their next task must be below the difficulty last accepted (with the exception of beginner tasks). Resetting a task resets streak bonuses.

-> Task Examples:

Easy - 100 bowstring / 50 steel bars / 75 gold bars

Medium - 200 yew logs / 100 yew shortbow (u) / 150 raw karambwan

Hard - 20 ninja implings / 200 cooked anglerfish / 150 adamant bars

Elite - 300 runite bars / 150 cleaned torstols / 1500 rune darts

Master - (this would contain boss item drops and other high-level PvM rares like serp helm, cut zenyte, god sword parts, ballistae parts, abyssal whips, etc. -- only one item would be required. Earned points would be tied directly to the item requested and its rarity.)

I think this would certainly let us stand out from the crowd a bit more, as well as at least help with the economy issues. Obviously a lot more thought would need to be put into balancing the difficulty categories, amount of economy points, possible rewards, etc.

Anyways, regardless of the development progression, I plan to stay here for the foreseeable future. You guys are all great - staff and player base alike - and make this private server truly special.

I joined in Apr. 2020 around when the server was near peak pop and I agree with most of what you say here. I think some incentives (either with low tier random clue items or maybe a highscore for people with epeens) would be great for filling up the GE with items not maybe people farm for.

image.thumb.png.401dc969a335981d7a4f6a5cf41f41c2.png

Yes and no. While community input and positive response are the hope, some changes have to be made for the server. Longevity and performance, those can both keep and lose people more so than continued minor additions.

x5Ir1Ty.png

I think the server is doing the best it has in awhile, we may not have the numbers we used to pull back around launch times, but personally I feel that smaller communities are less likely to have toxicity and it gives off tight knit, family vibes. I like where Zenyte is at, and I'm glad it's still around. Hopefully it will be for many years to come. -Blisziful ❤️ 

Hardcore_ironman_chat_badge.png.4235df4c29eed146d9674341dbaa5a02.png  Hardcore Ironman  -  10x Experience Mode

1085134738_ScreenShot2019-08-06at5_12_42PM.png.4e8d2e8367fbe18f28640c17c5856ef1.png DONATOR - $80.00 

🏆 Check out my Goals & Achievements Thread (#1012) 🏆

https://forums.zenyte.com/topic/1012-blisziful-g-a-adventurers-log/ 

🗣️ Check out my UPDATED Introductory Thread (#7202) 🗣️

https://forums.zenyte.com/topic/7202-blisziful-re-introducing-myself/

image.png.ba33fe9ce64f82d0d1650f62bfb14d7b.png

image.png

image.png

On 2/18/2021 at 4:14 PM, Piri said:

I'm pretty sure I was the only admin in charge of a pest control event this month so I'd like to address that. There was unfortunately a mistake made on the community calendar. The pest control event in question was added to February 10th, however, it should have been February 11th per the official pest control schedule. I was unaware of the mistake and didn't notice until the 11th when I hosted that no discord notification appeared. When I looked into it I soon realized why.

So I did host on the 11th like the thread shows, but the calendar was wrong and therefore the notification date/time on discord was incorrect. I'm sure it led to some very disappointed members and I sincerely apologize for the error.