Cerberus Guide

Cerberus Guide

I am not the creator of this guide, sole credits respectively goes to@Life

Cerberus is a three headed boss, that can only be slain with a Slayer level of 91, and while on a Hellhound task, or a Cerberus task.

I. Gear Setup
II. How to get there
III. Drops
IV. Mechanics & Tips/Tricks
V. Video

I. Gear Setup
Inv4.png

II. How to get there
Option 1
Use the Portal, and go to Dungeons -> Taverley. Run North a few tiles, and use the "Jump-over" strange floor on the West. Proceed North past the Hellhounds, and Crawl in the cave to the East.

Option 2
Purchase a Ceberus Teleport Scroll, use the Portal, and go to Bosses -> Cerberus

III. Drops
Cerberus drops a few Unique drops, such as the boot crystals, and the pickaxe crystal.
If you want a full list, checkout the Official Wiki here.
Some notable drops are listed below.

Pegasian_crystal.png?899cd Pegasian Crystal
Primordial_crystal.png?41a92 Primordial Crystal
Eternal_crystal.png?944ec Eternal Crystal
Smouldering_stone.png?df657Smouldering Stone
Hellpuppy.png?9ece7 Hellpuppy

IV. Mechanics & Tips/Tricks

• You'll want to sip a Super combat, turn on Protect from Magic, equip your Dragon warhammer and Dragon defender, run though the fire gate and spec Cerberus twice, then swap back to your Hasta.

• If Cerberus is below 400 Hit points, she'll activate her Special, by saying "Aaarrrooooooo", summoning three souls behind the skull. The souls will attack the player from West to East, which is why I have my camera shown above. You need to protect Magic on the blue soul, Melee on the red soul, and Missiles on the green soul. If you fail to protect the style in time, they will deal 30 damage to the player, so I suggest always staying 65-70% HP, and using a Spectral Spirit shield to keep your Prayer up.

• If Cerberus is below 200 Hit points, she'll active another Special, by saying "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr", throwing lava on the ground which is suppose to do AOE damage, immediately switch tiles once she's around 210-200 HP to avoid the initial attack. This special is deadly when combined with the spirits, so it may take a few tries to get used to.

• When the souls appear at 400 Hit points, always switch to your Spectral if you have one, the passive will allow you to keep more of your prayer, when the souls attack, just remember to switch back to your defender after they're done, for more DPS.

• I bring a Desert Amulet 4 (Desert Diary Elite), for the quick teleport to use Elidinis Statuette, which restores your stats to full, without a cool down, and use the home teleport to repeat the kill.

V. Video

Special Thanks to@Lifefor the video

Very good and detailed guide.  You should add different gear setups not only the BIS.