Giant Mole Guide

Giant Mole Guide 

I am not the creator of this guide, sole credits respectively goes to@Life

The Giant Mole is a mid-level boss located under Falador Park, it's a fairly easy boss to farm items to obtain Bird nests.

I. Gear Setup
II. How to get there
III. Drops
IV. Mechanics & Tips/Tricks
V. Video

I. Gear Setup
Inv3.png

II. How to get there
Option 1
Use the Portal, and go to Bosses -> Giant Mole. With your Falador shield, you should see the Mole location on your minimap, and once closer to mole, it will have a yellow arrow above it.

III. Drops
Giant mole drops a useful items for obtaining Bird nests, which is used for Herblore.
If you want a full list, checkout the Official Wiki here.
Some notable drops are listed below.
* indicated these items are always dropped upon every kill.

Mole claw.png: Giant Mole drops Mole claw with rarity Always in quantity 1 Mole Claw*
Mole skin.png: Giant Mole drops Mole skin with rarity Always in quantity 1-3 Mole Skin*
Baby mole.png: Giant Mole drops Baby mole with rarity 1/3,000 in quantity 1 Baby Mole

Nest box.pngNest box.pngNest box.png
500 Giant Mole kills

IV. Mechanics & Tips/Tricks

• Once in the Mole Lair, you'll run South and follow the arrow until you see mole, sip a super combat, Guzzle your Rock cake until 1 hp, protect from melee, and smack her with your Dragon warhammer spec twice, switch back to the Greataxe, and smash away. Don't forget to flick piety!

• Having a Falador Shield 3+ will allow her to drop noted Mole claws, and Mole skin.

• When the Giant Mole gets around 50% health, she'll periodically burrow into the ground on incoming damage, and move to another location, she'll also splatter your screen with mud, but having a Firemaking cape will negate the effect to extinguish your light source.

• The Giant Mole is pretty straight forward, as long you you don't run out of prayer, you'll be okay, Protect from Melee negates all damage to you, so you can sit at 1 HP and hit high splats.

• Depending on your Agility level, you may need more/less Stamina pots than I do, I like to focus on my Prayer more than Stamina because I am 99, but you can swap out whatever you feel like swapping.

• Before the final kill, swap to your Ring of wealth, for a higher drop chance on the Rare table.

• After your runs, you can teleport back to Falador, and inside the Garden to the West, you can speak to Wyson the gardener. He'll exchange all your Mole Skin, and Mole Claws for Nest boxes, Seeds, Rings, and Empty nests. You can take the boxes back to the bank, and click "Extract" and the box will transfer everything to your bank.

V. Video

Credits go to@Lifefor making the original thread & respectively this wonderful video he has made for us all!