Hexae

Community Poll - Name Changing

Community Poll - Name Changing  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. If you were given the ability to name change your account (this would require at least 24 hours) by a member of the Administration, would this be a feature you would like to see added? Please note that the name you wish to transfer to must be available and you must create an account as well as secure the username before hand. Also, keep in mind it would need to be same XP rate and status.

• Yes
    • No

smallerzen.png

C8SPDTd.gif

Hello Community Members,

If you were given the ability to name change your account (this would require at least 24 hours) by a member of the Administration, would this be a feature you would like to see added? Please note that the name you wish to transfer to must be available and you must create an account as well as secure the username before hand. Also, keep in mind it would need to be same XP rate and status.

Finally, we would ask for compensation based upon the time this would take to complete similar to the prior $20.00 donator transfers which have recently been made free.

Sincerely,

Hexae.

• Like 2

IGN: spacer.pngHexae

You didn't have to ask, but the price though... One must really want it.

4 minutes ago, matthu said:

I see nothing wrong with putting a price on it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matthu said:

In my opinion, it's a fair price. It's a 20-25 mins job depending on the account. For example, a maxed account will be 22 commands in-game to swap the levels. In terms of forum reputations and post counts, it's fairly quick.

The way its described doesn't exactly seem like a "name change" you're basically just transferring stats to a brand new account with said name, so you lose all the time played,loyalty points,vote points, and then gotta do item transfers or requests for untradables, is this the only way of doing it? Or can we change the current username of said account without all the transferring? Plus 20$ just for a name change is a little pricey, i could see it being maybe $5, i dunno anywhere you work for 20mins and make $20, I dunno just my two cents.

2 minutes ago, Kryptic Crow said:

The way its described doesn't exactly seem like a "name change" you're basically just transferring stats to a brand new account with said name, so you lose all the time played,loyalty points,vote points, and then gotta do item transfers or requests for untradables, is this the only way of doing it? Or can we change the current username of said account without all the transferring? Plus 20$ just for a name change is a little pricey, i could see it being maybe $5, i dunno anywhere you work for 20mins and make $20, I dunno just my two cents.

Tbh this is the reason I'm against it, it does not meet the existing expectation of a name change.

• Like 2

cvzU5PH.pngeUDfd3A.png

5 minutes ago, Kryptic Crow said:

Do u not remember previous dev  charged $20 for a donator transfer that takes less time to do, this would take more time and effort to get everything switched over. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kryptic Crow said:

13 minutes ago, V iking said:

Do u not remember previous dev  charged $20 for a donator transfer that takes less time to do, this would take more time and effort to get everything switched over. 

Exactly, it's definitely longer to do than the actual donator transfer. What we are offering here is an alternative @Kryptic Crow. Obviously, it's not perfect, but, it's still better than nothing. In terms of loyalty, vote points and slayer points, and if I am not mistaking, we have also the commands to edit them. Although, this option has not been decided yet.

31 minutes ago, V iking said:

I had no idea it was the previous dev who made that choice, and just cause 1 person made a choice of charging $20 for donor transfers doesn't mean it needs to be repeated.

14 minutes ago, Hexae said:

Exactly, it's definitely longer to do than the actual donator transfer. What we are offering here is an alternative @Kryptic Crow. Obviously, it's not perfect, but, it's still better than nothing. In terms of loyalty, vote points and slayer points, and if I am not mistaking, we have also the commands to edit them. Although, this option has not been decided yet.

I understand that its an alternative, but if im not wrong correct me if i am, Matt has access to certain logs which allows him to change account info, can he not change the usernames there too? As I said correct me if im wrong, it just seems like an easier option, takes less time, and theres no need to transfer all kinds of stuff and use commands.

5 minutes ago, Kryptic Crow said:

I had no idea it was the previous dev who made that choice, and just cause 1 person made a choice of charging $20 for donor transfers doesn't mean it needs to be repeated.

I understand that its an alternative, but if im not wrong correct me if i am, Matt has access to certain logs which allows him to change account info, can he not change the usernames there too? As I said correct me if im wrong, it just seems like an easier option, takes less time, and theres no need to transfer all kinds of stuff and use commands.

Yeah, we can change names, copy over character files, and the like. But that causes other issues with hiscores and other api calls. Their method is "A" work around, but I would not go with a work around. I would rather spend the time to make an actual solution, but I'm not personally sure all that would need double and triple checked to know how to do this PROPERLY, and therefore it's not a priority for me to support at the current time. This is why I'm entirely against this in it's current form. If we're going to do it, we'll do it properly, and exactly how people would expect it to go. This is not a solution in my eyes.

• Zenyte 1
  • Like 1

cvzU5PH.pngeUDfd3A.png

3 minutes ago, Jakey said:

Yeah, we can change names, copy over character files, and the like. But that causes other issues with hiscores and other api calls. Their method is "A" work around, but I would not go with a work around. I would rather spend the time to make an actual solution, but I'm not personally sure all that would need double and triple checked to know how to do this PROPERLY, and therefore it's not a priority for me to support at the current time. This is why I'm entirely against this in it's current form. If we're going to do it, we'll do it properly, and exactly how people would expect it to go. This is not a solution in my eyes.

Im all for a name change system, but as you said do a proper one, not just somthing thrown together, thats a work around. I'd like to see somthing that doesn't require a brand new account and all the transfering and proof checking everything is correct, just 1 account swap the name boom done.

• Like 1

I'm all for the idea of adding a way to change our names, I realllllly hope we get the ability to change our names but as long as it's 1:1 OR somewhat close to it & that we have the OSRS vibe & feel :zenyte:

I like the idea, besides the issue with loyalty pts etc, which should be made well known before any sorta transfer

felix.png

I appreciate the shade being thrown my way 😄

The reason for the '''''cost''''' (it wasn't really a cost, you still got the entire $20 donation just like normal) was so that users would not request a transfer every other day as they switch accounts and get bored, as it took me (I was the only one, minus Noele, who had access) time to do the transfer and make sure it was all correct. It was not a simple command, I had to manually go into the database and write a query to transfer data. Regardless of how much time it did or didn't take, my primary job was to develop for the server, not to spend my valuable time transferring donations every day.

Another reason for the ''''cost'''' was so that the server actually got something out of it, and kept people donating which is good for many reasons.

As far as the proposed '''''''''name changes''''''''', I completely agree with @Jakey's stance. It is a horrible hack, and is more of a stat/item transfer than a name transfer. All sorts of things could go wrong, as nothing was written with these sorts of actions in mind.

• Like 2

corey2.gif

$10 bond = names change that way it gives staff an incentive to do it 😄

• Like 1