Krigeris

This used to be the best server I ever played

This was the best server I've ever seen developed. Out of hundreds of servers I played its the only one good enough that I actually stuck too it. However after yesterday I'm taking a break.

Some of us dumped months into this server, and you know what? I spent hours yesterday worried about losing my progress & looking for something official about the 'closing' and couldn't find shit. Nobody bothered to make a post until the evening, the only thing i could find is some dude rambling in the discord with screenshots, no apologies over the whole ordeal, or even a real explanation just literally that tommeh (never seen this guy in game in 75 days played, but was staff apparently?) dude sharing his screenshot drama thinking I should fucking give a shit about his arguments with someone else over caring about the state of the server I've been spending my time on. The fact that he explained the arguments he had with kris and tried to absolve himself while I saw nothing about the state/plans for the server shows the devs/owners were definitely on some narcissistic shit for sure.

This whole thing was kinda fucking pathetic guys, the least you could have done after yesterday was apologize on the news post for the confusion and chaos of everyone quitting. Whatever the guys were getting paid as devs, it was too much. Walking away before at least finishing what you started with TOB is unprofessional as hell, and there must be a massive circle jerk going on if they're even allowed to hang around here after that. In almost any other field of work, you would be blacklisted for walking away in the middle of a big project, so they definitely should be banned from here & discord at the very least. Lucky for you guys, there's no reputation other than attached to usernames, so naturally there's not going to be any sort of real blacklash for such shitty unprofessional behavior.

Slow updates was one thing, but no updates is not acceptable when you're making money. Not keeping us in the loop yesterday AT ALL was not acceptable. Hell even saying "staff is having a discussion about the future of zenyte" would have been loads better than the fucking silence from the staff yesterday while shit was hitting the fan, people were quitting, advertising other servers and dropping banks.

Rank #3 here taking a break until they sort this shit out. I'll come back when it doesn't feel like my months of progress are going to be stripped away from a coin toss on how the owner's emotions towards each-other are that day. I will say this; In the future you should contract devs per piece of finished content, so that devs aren't getting paid for months to half code pieces of content. They certainly shouldn't have gotten paid for coding half of TOB. You also shouldn't have anyone in staff who doesn't even log into the game, cause then they have a mental disconnect and think their drama is more important to explain than the state of the server to the players.

Love you guys, but the team needs to sort their shit out atm. I'll check back in a few weeks and see if there's any proper plans to move forward. Peace for now.

• Like 9

Totally understandable @Krigeris and I'm pretty sure you are not the only one sharing the feeling. The whole situation was a miscommunication within everybody. 

In terms of delay, about an official announcement, you have to consider that not only we were trying to extinguish the fire on our side, but we also had an endless meeting regardless of the future of Zenyte. A lot of things were discussed in order to keep the show running for players like YOU, you have spent thousands and thousands of hours in Zenyte. We all come to the conclusion that closing wasn't fair, not by a long shot. Those 2 events, took at least 3 hours, minimum. The official announcements were published shortly after the meeting. I, @Leaned, @Passion& @Gepanworked our ass off in order to get it done as quickly as possible, because, and obviously, some people were spreading false information and we wanted to reassure the community. So yeah, pooping a thread takes time, even for 4 people. You obviously don't want to add fuel to the fire.

Anyway, for the time being, enjoy your break fella. We'll still be there if you decide to come back. ❤️

• Like 4

Krigeris,

I want to first off say as sincere as I can that I am sorry for the things that you went through yesterday. You are correct a announcement was made later in the evening instead of directly after the incident and there should be accountability for that.  I am willing to take that accountability on behalf of the Staff Team and say we could of handled things differently however this is not a situation that I have personally been in myself and as we know life can sometimes be one big trial and error. There is a lot of factors I had to look into only minutes after taking up my new role in a statistic manner such as the amount of items dropped, the amount of items dropped in the party room, the amount of items traded without an item received (given away), the amount of players who lost their hardcore status in a purposeful manner, the amount of players who leveled up skills as skill or combat pures and with this information I had to factor in how many people may of been provided with a unrealistic expectation and after that I gave the green light to request a rollback. 

I would love for you to return to the server and continue your gains! 🙂 I really hope you accept my apology and understand my reasoning! I am looking forward to some more of your server suggestions hehe!

• Like 2

I won't dive too deep into this but there's a small misunderstanding. You keep referring to developers but the issue wasn't with developers, it was rooted with the owners. The two developers leaving was just a side effect of me throwing in the towel, which in return was the result of the issues we always had within the owners team and a bunch of other unrelated things. Our relations had been going downhill for a long time, this was just the tipping point.

Paying someone per-task basis for large tasks is not feasible by the way, with small tasks that take a small amount of hours it is doable, however with large tasks where you don't know whether a task ends up consuming 100 or 500 hours, you just can't predict it. One or the other will end up getting screwed.

• Like 2