Sign in to follow this  
Noele

Donation changes

logo_min.png

Hello everyone, this announcement should have been made directly after the update, and we truly apologize about that. I was up until 6am testing everything we put together (correct total donation, bonds, store functionality, ranks, etc) so that we could push out something quality to our users. 

Synopsis

This update was intended to fix a few different issues on the game, many people had very nice ingame stats, but no way to get store items that may be very important, like teleport scrolls or even donator ranks themselves. We sought to alleviate this by creating bonds, so that non-donators could use what they've earned ingame to get access to store items. This has been a model on previous servers we've run as well, in the form of "buying donations"; this honestly allows even veterans who are non-donators to become $500-1000 donator ranks (as these benefits are useful for any player), just from playing the game. I have previously heard arguments about this being "pay-to-win", but on the contrary, as always, it is "play-to-win". Without offering bonds, we would be completely sealing off players who can't donate from the store, which isn't great for anyone.

Total donated changes

Previously, we designed the store and vote integration for the game (i.e the part that lets you claim your store purchases and votes) pretty close to the release. We didn't anticipate the amount of last-minute work we'd need to take care of, even after all of our time spent previously, and we were not able to implement total donated amounts before launch. Instead, we were only able to use what we had available, which was the amount of credits given, which unfortunately led to people with a lot of bonus credits having donation totals of $500+ what their actual rank should have been. We never intended for this to be how the system works and unfortunately it took us some time to implement the changes ingame alongwith the bonds system. Once implemented, however, it grabbed the accurate numbers for total donated, which left some feeling wronged -- we are truly sorry for the indiscretion and I wish we would have put this announcement up sooner. Your total donated amount currently (and was intended) to work in these ways: 

• The $USD amount you spend on credits on the store creates a payment, which adds to your donation total.
  • Claiming a bond ingame will add to your total donated amount, as well as give you the cost of the bond in store credits. This means the original credit buyer does get to keep the bonus credits for themselves.
  • Donating with OSRS gp is now being logged through our admin panel and creates store payments, which will add to your donation total in the amount of (0.6 * 100) for 100M. If you are missing donation credit from an OSRS gp payment, please contact an admin+ and we will check our logs and sort the issue for you!
  • Buying a bond on the store will remove $ from your total donated amount, as another player will be receiving that when they claim the bond.

Our primary focus going forward, with the store, is to fill out the rest of our rank-based benefits, as well as provide a potential handful of zones for higher-ranks; above all we are on the fence somewhat about zones as we're still deciding what features would not be overpowered to offer in them, as we do not plan to offer any sort of skilling directly next to a bank. If anything, we will likely add zones for less saturated resources at different ranks, to increase availability to people at different rank milestones.

Above all, I feel that announcements like this are paramount, and of the highest important. I apologize that this announcement was missed earlier in the day, but in the future I will ensure that notices and update information are put out at a much higher frequency to ensure transparency and satisfication from you guys. I'd like to have a development blog up this weekend / Monday about our plans for the month as well as what we've been up to behind the scenes, fixing content and addressing issues as we find them.

Thanks guys, @Noele

• Like 12

Thank you for the changes, great work guys.

Thanks for the update! I agree that Bonds is a more of "Play-to-Win" rather than Pay-To-Win

Very nice, glad this was added. Next dicing ranks?

Thank you for keeping us updated! 

Should clear up some questions regarding donations. 

Good work, thanks for the update.

Thank you for the notice and keeping us updated 🙂

Even though some people are not fond of these changes, this is how it should be. The in-game ranks are intended for amount donated, not amount of credits spent. The bonus credits are simply a token of appreciation for a donation. Thank you as always, Noele!

Great work! 😄 thanks for all the updates

I'm loving the donation changes. They were definitely needed, thank you 🙂

Thanks for all the work!

Nice work as always. Keep the good updates coming 

Great update, can't wait to see what's planned for the 10k donator statuses.