IRON JAGER

Death update or rework *atleast*

Yesturday I was doing Kree'arra and died, not server fault my fault just letting it clear, once i came back to get my items, i saw the time was about 4 min, and  I had to kill about 30 minions, if you don't have gwd scroll and you dont have spare ecumenical keys, thats it gg items...

I suggest increasing the death times, or even the full death update since this is a osrs thing why we only have 5 min to get items back? th items should be atleast out of gwd chamber!

Screenshot_85.png

Instances have a reclaim feature when you die.

• Like 1

Yeah I didnt got the money to buy it atm, thats why I was doing Kree'arra to begin with...

5 minutes ago, IRON JAGER said:

Yesturday I was doing Kree'arra and died, not server fault my fault just letting it clear, once i came back to get my items, i saw the time was about 4 min, and  I had to kill about 30 minions, if you don't have gwd scroll and you dont have spare ecumenical keys, thats it gg items...

I suggest increasing the death times, or even the full death update since this is a osrs thing why we only have 5 min to get items back? th items should be atleast out of gwd chamber!

Screenshot_85.png

use instance or get keys 🙂 not that big of a deal tbh in my opinion but a death system like they have on OSRS would also be nice none the less for a gold sink and some ppl might actually not afk bosses 😉 

• Like 1

I dont see how people would afk kree'arra to begin with, and they didn't advice that either, shoulden't be atleast one message before getting inside gwd saying to you get multiple keys in case of death?

1 minute ago, IRON JAGER said:

I dont see how people would afk kree'arra to begin with, and they didn't advice that either, shoulden't be atleast one message before getting inside gwd saying to you get multiple keys in case of death?

i understand why you think there should be a warring "make sure you have more keys" etc but tbf its not the dev's job to make you remember that you have to get the KC again to enter the room 🙂 as in the good old golden days of runescape there was no keys and 40 KC (talking runescape not rsps) and if you died you better have a friend in there to loot the shit you lost otherwise it would have been gone be4 you could count to 100 😉 so i dont think there should be some sort of warring when you enter a boss room 🙂 

I see your point, but osrs they have 1 hr to get items back, since here we less 1/6 of that time yes it should adivice or let the items out of the chamber, since instances, are safer then acctually osrs gameplay! since osrs you can't use instances at all at gwd... I keep my point saying something should atleast be changed at the bear minimun

I would have just killed minions and not talked in cc the whole time. Would have plenty of time. I think it's fine the way it is. Lol 

2 minutes ago, IRON JAGER said:

I see your point, but osrs they have 1 hr to get items back, since here we less 1/6 of that time yes it should adivice or let the items out of the chamber, since instances, are safer then acctually osrs gameplay! since osrs you can't use instances at all at gwd... I keep my point saying something should atleast be changed at the bear minimun

osrs have changed they death mechanics becouse it was too broken 😉

You've mentioned the solution in your post, when doing God Wars always have ecumenical keys. Death should be punishing, OSRS had to make it 'safe' for so long because people were hitting worlds offline to target players – we don't have this issue. 

We'll eventually get the new OSRS grave system, although this won't be for some time. 

I have intentionally not followed OSRS in the regards of deaths. OSRS is legitimately zero risk in anything you do, which is harmful for the economy as well as the items you get from these activities. The risk factor makes it all the more fun too.

I do not have any intentions of changing the death mechanics drastically as it stands, and I'm not sure if I'll even change it upon revision upgrade - if we do, we'll likely keep some risk factor around.

I'm positive OSRS would've had some risk factor as well to this day if they hadn't been forced to change the timers to an hour long back in 2015, when the servers were under constant attacks. That has obviously been resolved to some extent but once you provide people with something, it's rather difficult to take it away from them. OSRS is simply cornered to keeping deaths relatively safe.

• Like 3