tsx

lvl 120 / 200m xp / completionist capes

Would be nice to see lvl 120 / 200m xp / completionist capes implemented as cool rewards for all the grinders out there.

• Like 2

Would probably bring some old, high leveled OG's back to the server.

Yes please Completionist cape!

Even if the capes stayed the same; I've always thought that it would be cool to at least have some extra perks for 200M in a skill. For example 200M farming would grant you another 10% crop yield. I think for the majority of skills, adding completely new perks would require too much effort to come up with and implement. I think what would work well, is just an upgrade to current skillcape perks. I think in most cases that would be acceptable and very easy. Obviously some skills might need a completely new perk, but that wouldn't be too difficult and maybe we could do a poll for those?

A few more examples for 200M cape perks:

Attack: Hard to just upgrade, but I was thinking maybe a greatly increased chance of dragon defender drop.

Agility: An easy upgrade, where we would just increase the amount of times you could use the run energy recovery/stamina boost in a day. Or if that's not good enough then perhaps your energy depletion rate is greatly decreased. 

Herblore: I don't think anyone has ever been hurting for money to have Zahur make unfinished potions. So I think an upgrade to that would be pointless. This one might be bordlerine OP but I think 200M xp is no easy grind, even on x25. So I was thinking, maybe all potions made would yield (4) dose potions instead of (3) by default. 

Mining: Upgrade chance to receive extra ore to +10% and also include rune ore, which also stacks with varrock armor.

Cooking: Perhaps being able to cook your entire inventory at once? It sounds OP at first but the only OP advantage that would give is xp rates, which wouldn't matter at 200M.

So in the time it took me to make this post I realized it to be a little more difficult than I had thought, but I still think it's doable and worth the effort. More skills would need a completely new perk than I had thought. I think a list like this could be compiled within a day of someone working on it, and then finished within a week after receiving input from the other staff members or players. 

I think the most important thing to remember is that the perks need to be incentives to keep doing that skill, at least for the most part. I think for skills where that's impossible then maybe something to just show off. For firemaking I can't think of any other perks that would be helpful lol. I don't know if it's even possible, but maybe an even cooler emote? 

• Like 1

I do agree with adding additional perks for players who receive 200m experience in a certain skill, as they have dedicated some time to it. 

As for the custom capes, i couldn't really support that, although thats just a personal opinion though as im not too big on custom items, especially with Zenyte being a oldschool dedicated server.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yamato69 said:

Even if the capes stayed the same; I've always thought that it would be cool to at least have some extra perks for 200M in a skill. For example 200M farming would grant you another 10% crop yield. I think for the majority of skills, adding completely new perks would require too much effort to come up with and implement. I think what would work well, is just an upgrade to current skillcape perks. I think in most cases that would be acceptable and very easy. Obviously some skills might need a completely new perk, but that wouldn't be too difficult and maybe we could do a poll for those?

A few more examples for 200M cape perks:

Attack: Hard to just upgrade, but I was thinking maybe a greatly increased chance of dragon defender drop.

Agility: An easy upgrade, where we would just increase the amount of times you could use the run energy recovery/stamina boost in a day. Or if that's not good enough then perhaps your energy depletion rate is greatly decreased. 

Herblore: I don't think anyone has ever been hurting for money to have Zahur make unfinished potions. So I think an upgrade to that would be pointless. This one might be bordlerine OP but I think 200M xp is no easy grind, even on x25. So I was thinking, maybe all potions made would yield (4) dose potions instead of (3) by default. 

Mining: Upgrade chance to receive extra ore to +10% and also include rune ore, which also stacks with varrock armor.

Cooking: Perhaps being able to cook your entire inventory at once? It sounds OP at first but the only OP advantage that would give is xp rates, which wouldn't matter at 200M.

So in the time it took me to make this post I realized it to be a little more difficult than I had thought, but I still think it's doable and worth the effort. More skills would need a completely new perk than I had thought. I think a list like this could be compiled within a day of someone working on it, and then finished within a week after receiving input from the other staff members or players. 

I think the most important thing to remember is that the perks need to be incentives to keep doing that skill, at least for the most part. I think for skills where that's impossible then maybe something to just show off. For firemaking I can't think of any other perks that would be helpful lol. I don't know if it's even possible, but maybe an even cooler emote? 

The idea of perks is cool but I think you underestimate how much development time it would actually take to implement them, especially considering the developers already have their hands full.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tsx said:

The idea of perks is cool but I think you underestimate how much development time it would actually take to implement them, especially considering the developers already have their hands full.

Yeah that's true. I honestly just kind of got carried away with the idea as I was typing haha. But yeah, there's definitely more priorities right now and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I just think sometime in the future it would be a good thing it implement. 

Another thing that just occurred to me is 200M perks would be a little detrimental to the lower xp rates. I mean I guess it's no different than how things are now, but if there's extra perks at 200M and there is a faster way to get there, we'd probably see less players on the lower rates. Whether that's good, bad, or neither I don't know lol. 

Would be cool if we could some how flex a little bit our max cap accomplishments but, the capes kinda goes away from a 1:1 concept they have going on .. Unless the capes would relfect the style and look and flavor like dead spot on with the OSRS vibes .. Then I'm all in for that....

But if they say no too the capes, What about a Billboard like at the duel arena but at home acting as a highscore but only for max caps only? Or something like that

I don't know about having extra perks at 200m in certain skill, the server tries to be as close to OSRS as possible. Maybe capes or something like that wouldn't hurt much, but adding perks would be just to custom server. That's my humble opinion.

Would love to see 200m capes just for the flex, I totally support that idea

The point about the server trying to be as close to OS as possible is not exactly valid. We're open to listening what players have to say and want; the sole reason why there's so little custom content is due to many restrictions we have as to making them. I'm not exactly interested in adding poor-quality custom content such as "american torva" or whatever floats the boat of the servers nowadays. 120 capes have been mentioned many of times in the past, in one form or another. At the end of the day, it largely comes down to designing and modelling them, which is rather tedious. Not many people around in this scene capable of modelling and animating things. Whatever we produce, I want it to be on-par with the quality that OS provides.

The only concept for such capes I've seen floating around has been the max cape re-do - there are pros and cons to this; they do look pretty, but at the same time it's as if we were to add 23 new max capes into the game, and there are other servers out there which have redone max capes as 120 capes, so it'd be as if we stole the idea from them.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, Kris said:

The point about the server trying to be as close to OS as possible is not exactly valid. We're open to listening what players have to say and want; the sole reason why there's so little custom content is due to many restrictions we have as to making them. I'm not exactly interested in adding poor-quality custom content such as "american torva" or whatever floats the boat of the servers nowadays. 120 capes have been mentioned many of times in the past, in one form or another. At the end of the day, it largely comes down to designing and modelling them, which is rather tedious. Not many people around in this scene capable of modelling and animating things. Whatever we produce, I want it to be on-par with the quality that OS provides.

The only concept for such capes I've seen floating around has been the max cape re-do - there are pros and cons to this; they do look pretty, but at the same time it's as if we were to add 23 new max capes into the game, and there are other servers out there which have redone max capes as 120 capes, so it'd be as if we stole the idea from them.

What are your thoughts on something like a color change or animation for 200m xp capes?

I'm totally down for something even simpler, for ex. what @1945suggested above regarding the billboard at home recognizing the names of maxed players for each xp rate.

53 minutes ago, tsx said:

What are your thoughts on something like a color change or animation for 200m xp capes?

I'm totally down for something even simpler, for ex. what @1945suggested above regarding the billboard at home recognizing the names of maxed players for each xp rate.

I doubt we'd be able to do anything better with just a colour change to be fair, and I don't think people would actually wear those if that was the case.
Animations are tricky to create, wouldn't really be viable. The only option I see myself is getting a modeller to do the capes but initial design of them is going to be tough.

I personally would stray away from modelers creating a whole new cape in general. There could easily be an alternative for 200M skilling, after all we shouldn't be using RS3 type content as this may open a pandora's box.

Here is what I propose that isn't too custom or straying away from the OSRS path. 

• Player Dialogue for NPC's + Objects/Items: Incorporate some type of dialogue in NPC's or Objects. Say you examine a Chef's Hat, this could say "Once worn by the mightiest of cooks of Zenyte - Ironyte" another great alternative is let's say a Gnome roaming around Gnome Stronghold Agility Course randomly shouts "Has anyone seen Ironyte? He's been running through my mind!". 

There are tons of alternatives to this concept and I'm sure it could become really lucrative for those wishing to pursue such a task!

PS: This should only apply for x5 XP mode players to limit the volume of actual players achieving this.

The possibilities are endless! 👌