Jump to content
Sh0ckzy

Tob progress?

Recommended Posts

Hey,

I've decided to make a thread about asking on the ToB progress. We have not had dev. blog upated in months on that (if I'm not mistaking) and we also have not had any kind of content updates for a ridiculously long period of time now. Please can we get some snippet / overview of ToB progress? Knowing that it is the main thing that players want (and are waiting for) and that you as developers should be working on. I know y'all don't want to put out specific dates for updates but we need something... Really starting to have doubts, I'm just gonna be real with you all.

Sincerely,

Sh0ckzy

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

waiting for tob is about as much fun as watching paint dry......  alot of players have been qutting daily due to lack of updates and the significant amount of time we as players have had to wait. would weekly  progress updates really be to much to ask for ?   

 theres not much to do at the moment things are very repetitive.. theres only so much godwars and raids 1 us pvmers can take ! 

kind regards 

mrclawz  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta wait another 6 months for 2 year old content that will be as buggy as cox was here until recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree that we need news on updates, at least telling us if things are getting worked on or not. Kinda annoying the time we have to wait for a single big update without any news. Been here for a year without quitting, always supporting the staff and devs, even defending when ppl asked for updates. But we are at low 200 players with alt accounts, wildy scouts and people that afk all day at home. Give us something. 6 months since last big update and I'll list down here some of the last updates we had for those who dont want to check the full list.

September 2019: Wintertodt

October 2019: CoX release

December 2019: Konar Slayer and Alchemcihal Hydra

January 2020: Inferno

March 2020: Clues, Skot and Implings. 

May 2020: Pyramid plunder, Pollivneach course, farming contracts. high priority update right here

June 2020: Falador party room just for 1 time use, instances after months of asking and getting suggestions denied over and over.

 

Don't let Zenyte die

 

 

 

Edited by leclerc
left final sentence at half lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll cut straight to it as there's no point beating around it:
ToB development has stopped for awhile now.

ToB had two developers on it initially - Tommeh and Corey. Corey got a job late July and had been busy most of that month, so progress from his side wasn't all that great. On top of this, I re-assigned him to another project that is currently a secret. Tommeh has stepped down and will not continue to be working for any foreseeable future.

Noele recently left to work at SpaceX as well, so there goes yet another developer.

We currently have three developers left when it comes to the game:
- Myself, the main game developer. I am and have been actively working on updates, the next log will contain a long list of changes, however it will not be a big anticipated update as some of you might expect.

- Chris. He has been working on the revision upgrade and our new clients, however don't expect these to release right away. That is a major update, more significant than ToB or construction or any other large project that we have in the works. I just assigned him on it to get a head start as we had trouble coming up with potential areas for him to work on.

- Corey. As I said above, he is currently working IRL so his time is fairly limited. He will be helping me manage the server now that Noele has resigned, as there are things that need managing outside of the game itself that I do not have much experience with.

 

 

I'm yet to come up with a plan for what we'll do next moving forward, I will most certainly continue developing, it's just a matter of deciding what project needs to be released the fastest, while keeping the time constraints of each of those in mind. I will likely be writing the next updates that go live alone.

Just to re-iterate though as a lot of people have taken a stance that we have given up on the project - we haven't. A lot of things changed higher up and shifting through it has been more challenging than before, the player count may decrease even further given the challenges, but we have no intention of shutting the server down. We went through the same thing a year ago, and we'll do it again.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kris said:

I'll cut straight to it as there's no point beating around it:
ToB development has stopped for awhile now.

ToB had two developers on it initially - Tommeh and Corey. Corey got a job late July and had been busy most of that month, so progress from his side wasn't all that great. On top of this, I re-assigned him to another project that is currently a secret. Tommeh has stepped down and will not continue to be working for any foreseeable future.

Noele recently left to work at SpaceX as well, so there goes yet another developer.

We currently have three developers left when it comes to the game:
- Myself, the main game developer. I am and have been actively working on updates, the next log will contain a long list of changes, however it will not be a big anticipated update as some of you might expect.

- Chris. He has been working on the revision upgrade and our new clients, however don't expect these to release right away. That is a major update, more significant than ToB or construction or any other large project that we have in the works. I just assigned him on it to get a head start as we had trouble coming up with potential areas for him to work on.

- Corey. As I said above, he is currently working IRL so his time is fairly limited. He will be helping me manage the server now that Noele has resigned, as there are things that need managing outside of the game itself that I do not have much experience with.

 

 

I'm yet to come up with a plan for what we'll do next moving forward, I will most certainly continue developing, it's just a matter of deciding what project needs to be released the fastest, while keeping the time constraints of each of those in mind. I will likely be writing the next updates that go live alone.

Just to re-iterate though as a lot of people have taken a stance that we have given up on the project - we haven't. A lot of things changed higher up and shifting through it has been more challenging than before, the player count may decrease even further given the challenges, but we have no intention of shutting the server down. We went through the same thing a year ago, and we'll do it again.

First of all thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the fact that you take some time to write this for us and explain with honesty the current situation. I was just pointing some things that was bothering some of us, mostly the ones we are playing since long ago and don't want this beautiful server to just die. I love the fact that you guys are still moving forward and trying to figure out how to do that.  I really hope you guys can get some extra hands to help on development

All we were asking are some updated news on the state of updates, maybe apart of the Development Blogs (which in my opinion should be a little more frequently than they are now) do something like a 1 hour stream answering questions of the players or something like that. When things are kept silent or without extra information could lead to players (myself included) think that everything is just plain stuck as you said with people thinking ToB was just abandoned.

I really want to point out that the post wasn't written with hate or anger behind at least from my side, we are just concerned I hope you can understand that.

 

sorry for the many grammar mistakes, doing my best to express myself 🤪

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Kris said:

I'll cut straight to it as there's no point beating around it:
ToB development has stopped for awhile now.

ToB had two developers on it initially - Tommeh and Corey. Corey got a job late July and had been busy most of that month, so progress from his side wasn't all that great. On top of this, I re-assigned him to another project that is currently a secret. Tommeh has stepped down and will not continue to be working for any foreseeable future.

Noele recently left to work at SpaceX as well, so there goes yet another developer.

We currently have three developers left when it comes to the game:
- Myself, the main game developer. I am and have been actively working on updates, the next log will contain a long list of changes, however it will not be a big anticipated update as some of you might expect.

- Chris. He has been working on the revision upgrade and our new clients, however don't expect these to release right away. That is a major update, more significant than ToB or construction or any other large project that we have in the works. I just assigned him on it to get a head start as we had trouble coming up with potential areas for him to work on.

- Corey. As I said above, he is currently working IRL so his time is fairly limited. He will be helping me manage the server now that Noele has resigned, as there are things that need managing outside of the game itself that I do not have much experience with.

 

 

I'm yet to come up with a plan for what we'll do next moving forward, I will most certainly continue developing, it's just a matter of deciding what project needs to be released the fastest, while keeping the time constraints of each of those in mind. I will likely be writing the next updates that go live alone.

Just to re-iterate though as a lot of people have taken a stance that we have given up on the project - we haven't. A lot of things changed higher up and shifting through it has been more challenging than before, the player count may decrease even further given the challenges, but we have no intention of shutting the server down. We went through the same thing a year ago, and we'll do it again.

Alright, I appreciate the response and that you are completely honest with us. Most of the things @leclercalready mentioned BUT regarding the part of revision update. Yes, I do agree with you that in grand scheme of things, it is far more important BUT without any new content theres literally nothing to do than the same things over and over again which gets boring (and yes, Im aware that Zenyte has a lot more of detailed things to do than any other rsps out there).

I'll just put it out there: JUST GIVE US TOB AND WE WILL BE FINE FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTH FOR SURE LMAO, LITERALLY (caps lock purpose is to emphasize, not shout) . Although as I can read then theres no developers to pursue ToB. In my humle opinion I think that since the coding of the pvm side of the server is so well done, adding such a HUGE content like ToB to it - it will make the server even more SELF-SUSTAINABLE than it is now, trust. Which will provide more time to work on perfecting the coding (bugs etc).

Edited by Sh0ckzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sh0ckzy said:

Alright, I appreciate the response and that you are completely honest with us. Most of the things @leclercalready mentioned BUT regarding the part of revision update. Yes, I do agree with you that in grand scheme of things, it is far more important BUT without any new content theres literally nothing to do than the same things over and over again which gets boring (and yes, Im aware that Zenyte has a lot more of detailed things to do than any other rsps out there).

I'll just put it out there: JUST GIVE US TOB AND WE WILL BE FINE FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTH FOR SURE LMAO, LITERALLY (caps lock purpose is to emphasize, not shout) . Although as I can read then theres no developers to pursue ToB. In my humle opinion I think that since the coding of the pvm side of the server is so well done, adding such a HUGE content like ToB to it - it will make the server even more SELF-SUSTAINABLE than it is now, trust. Which will provide more time to work on perfecting the coding (bugs etc).

ToB isn't going to do as much as you think. It's one the hardest pieces of content to master. The difficulty of a piece of content can affect player count tremendously. However, over a hunter rework, ToB is 100x better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thanos said:

ToB isn't going to do as much as you think. It's one the hardest pieces of content to master. The difficulty of a piece of content can affect player count tremendously. However, over a hunter rework, ToB is 100x better.

It's not really fair to compare the two, one takes two months to write, the other takes two days. Hunter has been bugging us since the release - even if the server doesn't lag, we have to restart quite frequently just because it's the only thing that can "fix it" for people. I coupled hunter up with a load of bugfixes which we last really had back when raids came out, since then the bugfixes have been very specific or very little of them.

 

It's difficult to choose what exactly we push out, the time constraints are a big one. A big content piece like ToB will literally put all updates off for the next few months, something smaller could be pushed out much faster, that's why we're a tad stuck right now, difficult decision to make with what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kris said:

It's not really fair to compare the two, one takes two months to write, the other takes two days. Hunter has been bugging us since the release - even if the server doesn't lag, we have to restart quite frequently just because it's the only thing that can "fix it" for people. I coupled hunter up with a load of bugfixes which we last really had back when raids came out, since then the bugfixes have been very specific or very little of them.

 

It's difficult to choose what exactly we push out, the time constraints are a big one. A big content piece like ToB will literally put all updates off for the next few months, something smaller could be pushed out much faster, that's why we're a tad stuck right now, difficult decision to make with what to do next.

So if you don't know what to do next after Hunter rework, can we get a poll with different options so we players get to choose which update? Like you did with the instances and which bosses to go for first. I'm talking about small or medium updates, name it as you want. Maybe some slay bosses like abyssal sire or any pk minigame which in my opinion is something that would really help zenyte even tho I dont know how to pk. But yeah, just throwing an idea.

And again, thanks for the replies, means a lot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, leclerc said:

So if you don't know what to do next after Hunter rework, can we get a poll with different options so we players get to choose which update? Like you did with the instances and which bosses to go for first. I'm talking about small or medium updates, name it as you want. Maybe some slay bosses like abyssal sire or any pk minigame which in my opinion is something that would really help zenyte even tho I dont know how to pk. But yeah, just throwing an idea.

And again, thanks for the replies, means a lot

 

Yeah I'll think about it, it's one of the options I'm considering right now. This'll be a hard decision for everyone given the time restraints and the lack of overall developers. I'll have something figured out within this week.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As requested, I made a poll between Construction and Theatre of Blood. I believe there's nothing as highly requested as these two so I left anything else out of the equation for now. We will now also be aiming to provide small side updates every other week, aside from the main content piece that we work on. I explained more in the poll topic: 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months until TOB, that will most likely be the next update? Might aswell throw in the towel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H A R D said:

2 months until TOB, that will most likely be the next update? Might aswell throw in the towel.

No. Read the topic. I said we'll try to aim for a smaller update every other week going forward, on-top of the larger update.

I also have a large update currently pending, struggling to get it through quality-assurance but it should be out sometime next week, I'll test it myself if I have to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kris said:

As requested, I made a poll between Construction and Theatre of Blood. I believe there's nothing as highly requested as these two so I left anything else out of the equation for now. We will now also be aiming to provide small side updates every other week, aside from the main content piece that we work on. I explained more in the poll topic: 

 

Thanks a lot for using my idea and for taking the time to answer the topic aswell. Best of luck ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...