Snake5225

Alchemical Hydra Bossing Guide

Hey guys, Please enjoy this guide and I hope it helps. If it's not too much trouble please make sure to like it on here and on youtube and feel free to subscribe. Also let me know what other guides you would like to see in the future!

This will be helpful for majority of the people who've never done Hydra and wanna learn the basic/mechanics of the fight, also just an fyi just to cause any confusion pvm guides go in here:
https://forums.zenyte.com/forum/62-pvm-guides/

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/95/30/cc/9530ccb02aa03966e7ce90b333bf2207.gif

スパイシーラーメン

IGN:
Lamps - 5x Skiller 
Kev - x50/25 Maxed

Great guide! For me the lightning attack always hits me if I only go as far as where your tile marker is (which is the same tile marker for most guides). I've tried holding off on running away from the lightning as long as possible but it still hits me, or I wait too long and it hits me before I make it halfway across the room. So here's what works for me in case anyone else has the same problem: When the Hydra first shoots the lightning in the middle of the room, a couple seconds later you'll see some lightning shoot somewhat near you from that middle spot where he initially shot it. When that happens I start running, and the lightning is on my ass, and I first run to the tile marked in this video. But when I get close, I click on the tile diagonal to the marked one just a little farther away. The lightning never hits me using this method. 

Other than that, my experience is the same with all the other parts. Thanks for the great video!   

Really well done guide. I'm sure this will be helpful for people who are learning hydra!

I'd also like to point out that at least on Zenyte, and as shown in your video, the red Hydra having one foot on the blue vat isn't enough to negate his defenses. He always does the "Argghhhh" thing when it does and in both of your runs he doesn't. Plus you can also just tell that your damage during the red phase is much less. 

I've found that I just have to lower my tile marker on the far west side to make him step a little farther down onto the blue vat. 

Edited by Yamato69

Thanks guys,

Yamato I tried it and you're correct, you need to run a bit further for red phase, also to avoid the lightning it is possible and easy with my tile markers in the video. Done about 80 more KC since the video and I have avoided it every time. The trick is to run when the lightning that would reach you first is 2 tiles away, if you time it to that it will never hit you.

2 minutes ago, Snake5225 said:

Thanks guys,

Yamato I tried it and you're correct, you need to run a bit further for red phase, also to avoid the lightning it is possible and easy with my tile markers in the video. Done about 80 more KC since the video and I have avoided it every time. The trick is to run when the lightning that would reach you first is 2 tiles away, if you time it to that it will never hit you.

Every time I try that it just hits me halfway there, or it still hits me on that tile marker. I guess I'm just shit at the timing haha. But I've tried it enough times that I just find it more reliable for me to run that extra couple spots lol. 

• Like 1

Good guide, I actually watched this in order to figure out how to protect myself against the lighting attack haha!

• Like 1

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

I might make a quick video on how to avoid the lightning if you guys want, just let me know.