Magepals678

Searchable rare item count.

This would probably be really low priority but I know clue hunters and a lot of collectors have asked staff how many of a certain item is in game. I think that it would be cool to make that a searchable option for players to actually see how many of a rare items are in game rather than having to bother staff.  I feel as though it could possible help balance the pricing in the GE because then players could get a much better idea of how rare something actually is.

• Like 3

Would be very useful with all the clue items, would love to see this go forward.

bloodmgx?bg=zenyte

134rr4g3?bg=zenyte

Not really possible as it stands right now. It would require the game to load up and iterate through every single character file that exists and count the items in every container the player has to find out the total amount of something. This is an extreme amount to process, as there are more than 50,000 accounts.

We can count the items that are in the game, but I'm only willing to do so manually on my local server as to avoid the server lagging for several seconds for every call. Since this also takes a fair amount of time to set up, I only really do so once every couple of weeks out of curiosity myself. If needed, we could come up with some sort of a solution to manually extract the needed amount of data and make a forum post about it say every month; however should still keep in mind this would likely take at least an hour of my time to do(first time would be several hours to set up the template), every month. Up to the others to decide if the data is worth the time.

Yeah that makes sense. It would have been nice but if it's too much work then not a big deal.

Wouldnt mind seeing this tbh. But I understand if it may be to time consuming to do. 

spacer.png