Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Development Blog: Hunter Skill

Looking forward to utilizing new methods and techniques to gain XP in the desired skill.
Great job to all individuals involved with the development.

Highly impressed as per usual. 👍

• Like 1

I really like the idea to split into separate phases. 

Believe this will be a much more efficient way to actively try and test content in a more controlled way. Excited to test some non-combat stuff out on QA cause that's my jam..

Thank you for the informative and aesthetic AF thread. I look forward this.

• Like 1

If hunter works fine as it is, I see no point in re-writing it all when construction is still not out. Waste of time.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Life said:

Hunter does not work fine as it is. Which is the reason why it’s being reworked. 

Then why was it not disabled?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Then why was it not disabled?

Because it's trainable to a decent standard. There are just a few snagging issues that can crop up from time to time that we're wanting to eliminate before we move forward & introduce entirely new pieces of content. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hxrdcore said:

Because it's trainable to a decent standard. There are just a few snagging issues that can crop up from time to time that we're wanting to eliminate before we move forward & introduce entirely new pieces of content. 

Personally feel if it's trainable to a decent standard, there's no need to re-write it all AS OF NOW. You should dedicate this time to construction or something of the sort. Also, there are not many people that even like training hunter.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Personally feel if it's trainable to a decent standard, there's no need to re-write it all AS OF NOW. You should dedicate this time to construction or something of the sort. Also, there are not many people that even like training hunter.

It's one of the things we get the most bug reports about and it has been that way for too long really. It's definitely something that needed to be done before we could move on to new content. We don't want to be the type of server that keeps churning out updates when we know there are bugs from previous releases still present in the game. 

I appreciate & understand your concerns though, but rest assured, new content isn't too far away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos said:

If something is broke, the Developers are going to fix it. Hunter bugs out frequently when you get to box traps, or netting lizards. Construction will be later, basically construction perks are already in the game, excluding a few pieces. It’s been bugged since release, so I do think it’s time to get it fixed up for Y’all. 🙂

• Like 1

So much coding and I can not recall ever seeing a fully coded Hunter skill on a RSPS, ever. This will be historic! I've looked forward to this for quite some time. ❤️

• Like 1

The update looks great so far, i can't wait myself to finally train hunter without bugging out every once in a while.

Thanks for the time and effort given into fixing this skill, it is greatly appreciated by the playerbase 🙂 

• Like 1

I’m actually excited to train Hunter now. Gonna save this one for last 🙂

Technical stuff is super interesting to read, looking forward to the rework.

Never seen a server with such a dedicated development team. The passion shows in this update. Thank you so much for you're continued work on the game we all love @KrisI am excited too see this come live. Working Investigate feature looks nice too.

• Like 1