Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Update log 20/06/2020 - Instances

instances.png

Instances

The long awaited instances are here!

God Wars Dungeon

Lets start of with the mechanics of GWD instances

Note: The crevice objects used to access the rooms to make an instance will not be visible to players who use the low-detail runelite plugin. You have to disable the plugin and relog in-game to access that area.

Joining

Each lair has it's own instance center, upon traversing in side the room, you'll find a Dying Knight, explaining how instances work.
To create an instance, you'll need to create your own Clan Chat, and pay 150,000 GP. Once paid, you'll be able to use the portal, and you will teleport into the instance. From here, you are free to exit the room, and enter the boss room providing you have the KC requirement if need-be. Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay the Knight a fee of 1,500,000 GP to retrieve your gear. Keep in mind, this works like the other instance NPC's, where if you die again without claiming your gear, it is lost forever.

Leaving

While inside of a Clan Chat Instance, if anyone leaves or gets kicked, a random 3-10 second timer initiates. When the timer hits 0, you will be auto-removed from the instance, assuming you haven't rejoined the clan within 3-10 seconds.
Like always, when there are no players inside the instance, it will close.  

More of the development process of GWD instances here.

0enzcRc.png

zWvfBqQ.gif

lkTpZVf.gif

DpMpkfB.gif

nK8fwN6.gif

Dagannoth Kings

Instances for Dagannoth Kings will work in a similar way to GWD.

Joining
To create an instance, you'll need to create your own Clan Chat, and pay 200,000 GP. Once paid, you'll be able to use the crack, and you will teleport into the instance.  Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay Hagavik a fee of 150,000 GP to retrieve your gear. Keep in mind, this works like the other instance NPC's, where if you die again without claiming your gear, it is lost forever.

Leaving

While inside of a Clan Chat Instance, if anyone leaves or gets kicked, a random 3-10 second timer initiates. When the timer hits 0, you will be auto-removed from the instance, assuming you haven't rejoined the clan within 3-10 seconds.
Like always, when there are no players inside the instance, it will close.  

gb0ZU6A.gif

Thermonuclear smoke devil

Instances for Thermonuclear smoke devil will be per player. So only you will be able to join the instance. It will work like any other per player instance.

To create an instance you'll have to pay a 100,000 GP. Once it is paid you'll be teleported into your instance. Be aware that if you die inside the instance item will be permanently lost.

H4dF0j0.gif

Changes to KBD & Kraken instances

Kraken instance now costs 25k instead of the 50/100k and items lost on death are permanently lost.

King black dragon instance now costs 50k instead of 100k and items lost on death are permanently lost.

hva5mcg.png

Other changes

• Greater Nechryael drops are now fixed
  • Mist Runes can now be put into Rune Pouch
  • Bronze Dragon drops are now fixed
  • Demonic Gorillas drops are now fixed (Dragon javelin head have the rate as OSRS)
  • Demonic Gorillas now drop Redwood, Celastrus, and Dragonfruit Tree seeds
  • All Superior NPCs in Kourend Catacombs have a 1:1 Ancient Shard drop
  • Random event restriction has been added to Falador Party Room
  • Random event restriction has been added to Castle Wars lobby (Gambling Area)
  • Fixed the Desert Amulet teleport location
  • Garlic can now be obtained by searching Morgan house cupboard  in Draynor Village
  • Sound effects have been added to the Home teleport
  • Sound effects have been added while smelting
  • Hidden items no longer show for Ironmen with the "Hide Items" option enabled
  • Blast furnace now counts towards Daily Challenges
  • Leaving Help CC no longers puts you back once you relog
  • Al Kharid cable obstacle messages can now be filtered
  • The Pollnivneach ladder can no longer be used to skip the course
  • Black Mask requirement of 20 Defence been fixed to require 10 Defence
  • Casting Telegrab on an Apron in Port Sarim now gives you the correct ID
  • Godwars minion aggression is rewritten, the minions will now attack whoever hit the boss last
  • Kree'arra needs to now be directly interacted with in order to keep her from meleeing you; just landing AoE attacks that damage her no longer does the trick
  • Kree'arras tornado attacks now also stun the player and push them back one tile, if possible
  • Kree'arra's melee attack now rolls against your magic defence
  • World map for Godwars updated to reflect on the changes
  • Fixed a bug which caused NPC's globally to appear to speed up in some rare occasions, this was mostly seen in Godwars Dungeon
  • Jatizso Banker can now be accessed
  • Implemented sound effects to some of the common global objects, such as altars and chests.
  • Implemented sound effects to hundreds of various monsters, mainly covering the training and slayer category of the game.
  • The ava's assembler and ava's max cape will now turn to the broken version if possible, the same way as some other max capes, void and other items do.
  • The ferocious gloves now turn to hydra leather if the player dies in wilderness to a player and the gloves aren't amongst the protected items. They will remain in the gloves form if the player protects them or doesn't die to a player.
  • Mithril seed dropping game messages are now filtered.
  • You should no longer be able to see parts of other peoples' instances from your own. The padding around instances has been increased from 2 chunks to 13 chunks, this will cover even the worst of scenarios as the distance is at least enough to cover your entire loaded map at any given time.
  • NPCs inside instances will no longer respawn if the instance instance was wiped underneath them while they were in their "respawning timer task"
  • The gourd tree should now be fixed in raids. Second time's the charm, ay?

Post-update bugfixes (23/06/2020)

• Minor map patches for the Armadyl godwars chamber area.
  • Superiors will no longer drop totems and shards double.
  • The 10,000 reward points that were given at the end of a raid if you completed challenge mode within the time bracket is now added to the total points too, not just private points.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the altars at Skotizo from being killed.
  • Added ancient stole, armadyl stole and bandos stole rewards to medium clue rewards table.
  • Fixed the id of the pirate's hat in hard clue rewards table so that it'll show up in collection log.
  • Instanced godwars bosses' respawn timers are no longer affected by boss mass event timer changes.
  • Fixed a bug with godwars chamber doors which could sometimes push a player within a wall if they spamclicked the door right after someone else entered.
  • Fixed a bug with daily challenges which occurred if person downgraded their donator rank to a point where they would have less daily challenge slots available to them.
  • Cerberus can no longer be slain if the user is on a hellhounds task from Krystilia.
  • Aviansie and bloodveld task from Konar now lets you kill the creatures within the instanced godwars dungeon.
  • Like 18

Very keen about this !!! Can't wait to start the GWD grind on my barrows pure ! CHEERS EVERYONE who was involved ! Many thanks! 

This is like the best update to ever come (for ironmen, at least) thank you!

Posted (edited)

"Jatizso Banker can now be accessed" POG.

"Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay the Knight a fee of 1,500,000 GP to retrieve your gear. " Don't die as an iron or you'll be broke as hell in no time..got it! 

Awesome update! Excited to finally grind out some GWD...just hope i don't die but my nooby self cant help it 😅

Edited by Whiprealgood
  • Like 1

Well well well, what do we have here? After all that complaining I did for instances, and now my iron isn’t even ready. 😂 Amazing work as always Kris with a K. Now I have to find another piece of content to complain about needing! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Awesome content

I love the attention to detail here relly seperates us from the rest. The detail is impecable thanks for continuously developing Zenyte

Also love the fact that you play in the 2005 gameframe settings @Hide really gave an off a good feeling about the update.

8 hours ago, Kris said:

Leaving Help CC no longers puts you back once you relog

8 hours ago, Kris said:
  • Garlic can now be obtained by searching Morgan house cupboard  in Draynor Village
  • Sound effects have been added to the Home teleport
  • Sound effects have been added while smelting

Edited by Dee1337

2 hours ago, Whiprealgood said:

"Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay the Knight a fee of 1,500,000 GP to retrieve your gear. " Don't die as an iron or you'll be broke as hell in no time..got it! 

Going to clarify on the reasoning for the very expensive retrieval, as I'm certain there are other people who are clueless as to why it differs so much from the rest of the instances.

We've always wanted godwars to be high-risk, high-reward. The initial idea behind the instances was to make the items you lose on death get dropped on the static map if the instance happens to disappear. It would've been tricky to code it, and even harder to get people to understand the mechanic. I felt like this would just lead into people losing gear because they didn't understand the idea behind the mechanic. One thing was for certain - I wanted it to remain as high risk, you need a fair amount of killcount to access the chamber. This may end up taking longer than you have time for, so it could actually lead to your lost items disappearing. There's always been this risk factor to godwars. Now, since I decided to scrap the idea of moving the items into the static chamber on the normal map, I decided to go with the usual chest approach. However there was no way I could justify a retrieval cost of say 100-200k, when people can lose tens of millions in the static chamber. Even though it costs 1.5M to retrieve your stuff, it is still far less than what most people would risk if they died in the static chamber. That justifies the high cost in my eyes.

I still kept the instance creation cost rather low, and you can always hold your instance up with alternative accounts to minimize the cost even further. There shouldn't really be any sort of high cost to kill a monster, but dying to one? I think that differs.

Perhaps the high cost helps preserve the current value of the rare drops in it, as well as the changed mechanics(which presumably made it harder compared to before).

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Going to clarify on the reasoning for the very expensive retrieval, as I'm certain there are other people who are clueless as to why it differs so much from the rest of the instances.

We've always wanted godwars to be high-risk, high-reward. The initial idea behind the instances was to make the items you lose on death get dropped on the static map if the instance happens to disappear. It would've been tricky to code it, and even harder to get people to understand the mechanic. I felt like this would just lead into people losing gear because they didn't understand the idea behind the mechanic. One thing was for certain - I wanted it to remain as high risk, you need a fair amount of killcount to access the chamber. This may end up taking longer than you have time for, so it could actually lead to your lost items disappearing. There's always been this risk factor to godwars. Now, since I decided to scrap the idea of moving the items into the static chamber on the normal map, I decided to go with the usual chest approach. However there was no way I could justify a retrieval cost of say 100-200k, when people can lose tens of millions in the static chamber. Even though it costs 1.5M to retrieve your stuff, it is still far less than what most people would risk if they died in the static chamber. That justifies the high cost in my eyes.

I still kept the instance creation cost rather low, and you can always hold your instance up with alternative accounts to minimize the cost even further. There shouldn't really be any sort of high cost to kill a monster, but dying to one? I think that differs.

Perhaps the high cost helps preserve the current value of the rare drops in it, as well as the changed mechanics(which presumably made it harder compared to before).

I totally got the reasoning behind it, and i agree with it. Thanks for the extra explanation though 🙂

Looks very nice, especially the extras at the bottom. Will be nice to have these for when I start GWDs.