Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Update log 20/06/2020 - Instances

Very keen about this !!! Can't wait to start the GWD grind on my barrows pure ! CHEERS EVERYONE who was involved ! Many thanks! 

This is like the best update to ever come (for ironmen, at least) thank you!

58e1d40e4f0242d892fcf9b88c84727b.png

7557e769ad582b3b16b29360629e70a5.png.22dcedd6042ae968279ce0b9b4754ef9.png

1roast.png.3b6272df3ef14f6c040bb5e3bbe15245.png

"Jatizso Banker can now be accessed" POG.

"Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay the Knight a fee of 1,500,000 GP to retrieve your gear. " Don't die as an iron or you'll be broke as hell in no time..got it! 

Awesome update! Excited to finally grind out some GWD...just hope i don't die but my nooby self cant help it 😅

Edited by Whiprealgood
  • Like 1

whiprealgood?bg=zulrah

Well well well, what do we have here? After all that complaining I did for instances, and now my iron isn’t even ready. 😂 Amazing work as always Kris with a K. Now I have to find another piece of content to complain about needing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiprealgood said:

"Should you die inside your instance, you are able to pay the Knight a fee of 1,500,000 GP to retrieve your gear. " Don't die as an iron or you'll be broke as hell in no time..got it! 

Going to clarify on the reasoning for the very expensive retrieval, as I'm certain there are other people who are clueless as to why it differs so much from the rest of the instances.

We've always wanted godwars to be high-risk, high-reward. The initial idea behind the instances was to make the items you lose on death get dropped on the static map if the instance happens to disappear. It would've been tricky to code it, and even harder to get people to understand the mechanic. I felt like this would just lead into people losing gear because they didn't understand the idea behind the mechanic. One thing was for certain - I wanted it to remain as high risk, you need a fair amount of killcount to access the chamber. This may end up taking longer than you have time for, so it could actually lead to your lost items disappearing. There's always been this risk factor to godwars. Now, since I decided to scrap the idea of moving the items into the static chamber on the normal map, I decided to go with the usual chest approach. However there was no way I could justify a retrieval cost of say 100-200k, when people can lose tens of millions in the static chamber. Even though it costs 1.5M to retrieve your stuff, it is still far less than what most people would risk if they died in the static chamber. That justifies the high cost in my eyes.

I still kept the instance creation cost rather low, and you can always hold your instance up with alternative accounts to minimize the cost even further. There shouldn't really be any sort of high cost to kill a monster, but dying to one? I think that differs.

Perhaps the high cost helps preserve the current value of the rare drops in it, as well as the changed mechanics(which presumably made it harder compared to before).

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Going to clarify on the reasoning for the very expensive retrieval, as I'm certain there are other people who are clueless as to why it differs so much from the rest of the instances.

We've always wanted godwars to be high-risk, high-reward. The initial idea behind the instances was to make the items you lose on death get dropped on the static map if the instance happens to disappear. It would've been tricky to code it, and even harder to get people to understand the mechanic. I felt like this would just lead into people losing gear because they didn't understand the idea behind the mechanic. One thing was for certain - I wanted it to remain as high risk, you need a fair amount of killcount to access the chamber. This may end up taking longer than you have time for, so it could actually lead to your lost items disappearing. There's always been this risk factor to godwars. Now, since I decided to scrap the idea of moving the items into the static chamber on the normal map, I decided to go with the usual chest approach. However there was no way I could justify a retrieval cost of say 100-200k, when people can lose tens of millions in the static chamber. Even though it costs 1.5M to retrieve your stuff, it is still far less than what most people would risk if they died in the static chamber. That justifies the high cost in my eyes.

I still kept the instance creation cost rather low, and you can always hold your instance up with alternative accounts to minimize the cost even further. There shouldn't really be any sort of high cost to kill a monster, but dying to one? I think that differs.

Perhaps the high cost helps preserve the current value of the rare drops in it, as well as the changed mechanics(which presumably made it harder compared to before).

I totally got the reasoning behind it, and i agree with it. Thanks for the extra explanation though 🙂

whiprealgood?bg=zulrah