Iron Melee

COX unique rewards

I feel like COX rare items should be a bit more common as it is a common theme on the server, having reduced drop rates. Raids are quite inactive, it's hard to find teams and most of the raiders do them solo. I feel like a slight boost to the rare rewards in comparison to OSRS should give raids more activity.

The only reason it's not as active as OS is due to the gear requirements, not the actual drop rate of items. I could see only a select few having the best gear and actually understanding the mechanics. Players came to RSPS's for an easier alternative to OS, half of those players have likely never done a single raid. It's just how it is.

End-game content will have only a select few people doing it. Your best chance is to get with a PvM Clan who raids regularly. Raid chest rates seem to be just fine? IMO

47 minutes ago, Iron Melee said:

I feel like COX rare items should be a bit more common as it is a common theme on the server, having reduced drop rates. Raids are quite inactive, it's hard to find teams and most of the raiders do them solo. I feel like a slight boost to the rare rewards in comparison to OSRS should give raids more activity.

The overall problem is that the server doesn't provide easy access to making money, for example you basically can't do medium clues without begging for items or spending 5m for a crappy cape for the clue.

They need to sort this out and allow people to get more basic items easier so they can play the game and earn money a little easier at the start. Raids etc should be harder as it's a chance for 100m+ loot but other stuff in the server should come a bit easier it's a rsps after all. Not everyone wants to skill 24/7 to get 40m for a blowpipe or the other route do 4 minutes kills on zulrah and hope for a drop.

I think the way to fix this would be guarenteed drops on lower level bosses for example after 300 kills of zulrah you will 100% get a random high end drop or a 1m cash stack or something to make it worth wild and to aim for that.

Another annoyance I have realised is that you can basically only do PC when a admin hosts a PC event, this isn't fun for everyone and not everyone can be on at those times. 

Edited by K 0

Rated: Legend

6 minutes ago, K 0 said:

I think the way to fix this would be guarenteed drops on lower level bosses for example after 300 kills of zulrah you will 100% get a random high end drop or a 1m cash stack or something to make it worth wild and to aim for that.

I'm sorry but your thought process is completely wrong when it comes to playing Zenyte. This is not the type of RSPS where you should get "guaranteed" drops or anything in that nature. It is SO easy when you are on 50x/25x rates that maxing could come extremely easy. You are acting like items aren't coming easy? There are literally people getting drops left and right..

Zenyte is built as an easier OSRS and it proves to be just that. Whatever issues you are running into trying to solve med. clues is your own personal experience, not everyone runs into that issue. Collecting items and improving your ability to gain new content is the goal. You shouldn't be given any guaranteed loot ever, that defeats the whole purpose of Runescape in general.

13 minutes ago, Ironyte said:

I'm sorry but your thought process is completely wrong when it comes to playing Zenyte. This is not the type of RSPS where you should get "guaranteed" drops or anything in that nature. It is SO easy when you are on 50x/25x rates that maxing could come extremely easy. You are acting like items aren't coming easy? There are literally people getting drops left and right..

Zenyte is built as an easier OSRS and it proves to be just that. Whatever issues you are running into trying to solve med. clues is your own personal experience, not everyone runs into that issue. Collecting items and improving your ability to gain new content is the goal. You shouldn't be given any guaranteed loot ever, that defeats the whole purpose of Runescape in general.

I never said maxing was hard or long compared to RS. I can see how many people would have a problem with the guaranteed drops. But the key problem is you can max quickly but will still be using very basic gear for the 'Regular' player. I have 3 days playtime in game now and only have around a 20m cash stack, I can't afford any viable bossing equipment so forth I cannot boss 'well'.

Along with that a clan runs Revs so you cannot do the basic money maker, I can't do zulrah because it is legit 4-5 minute kills as I have to use mystic with black d'hide. The gold per hour on most method is lower if not the same as rs as a lot of drops mean less because you don't need to use them for anything. I think some things should come easier I just said the guaranteed drop thing as an Idea so at least you know you're gunna make a little cash for all your efforts, sort of like a challenge reward or something?

Call it like in-game achievements or something along those lines.

500 kills at bandos for that you get 10m as a reward maybe not an item like I said.

1000 kills at bandos 20m cash.

This is just a boost for players that can't do 'Raids' 'Zulrah' or experienced bossing as they are making hardly any cash for long playtime. Not too much of a reward but a reward for their efforts.

Edited by K 0

Rated: Legend

Something I notice is that people who play private server, are usually people who try to play osrs but got bored because its requires a lot of work and grinding. This means that they never get to these type of end game content, usually not many people know how to do it. Honestly I feel as raid you can complete as long as you know the mechanics, you can really do it with mystic/d'hide/iban blast/rcbow etc, just takes more knowledge of the mechanics. 

As for the drop rate, I honestly think unique here are a lot rarer then osrs. Maybe its because not enough people doing it/ maybe its because I have bad R.N.G/ maybe its because I'm just flat out unlucky. Who knows.

I can truly sad that the raids eco is asssss, reason I say this is because it may take 1-3 weeks to sell a dex prayer scroll? I'm not sure if its just that not enough people know how to make money or money coming into the game is very slow. 

I'm not saying everything should sell instant but I mean I go into a raid and we get unique and I got to wait 1-3 week before I can split that loot? Maybe I'm all out of the head but again just my opinion.

retro_jordan?bg=oasis

10 hours ago, retro jordan said:

Something I notice is that people who play private server, are usually people who try to play osrs but got bored because its requires a lot of work and grinding. This means that they never get to these type of end game content, usually not many people know how to do it. Honestly I feel as raid you can complete as long as you know the mechanics, you can really do it with mystic/d'hide/iban blast/rcbow etc, just takes more knowledge of the mechanics. 

As for the drop rate, I honestly think unique here are a lot rarer then osrs. Maybe its because not enough people doing it/ maybe its because I have bad R.N.G/ maybe its because I'm just flat out unlucky. Who knows.

I can truly sad that the raids eco is asssss, reason I say this is because it may take 1-3 weeks to sell a dex prayer scroll? I'm not sure if its just that not enough people know how to make money or money coming into the game is very slow. 

I'm not saying everything should sell instant but I mean I go into a raid and we get unique and I got to wait 1-3 week before I can split that loot? Maybe I'm all out of the head but again just my opinion.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I was getting at. I'm sure it's the same drop rate as OSRS, but that leaves gaps for going dry for 100s of raids, I've had it happen on OSRS, it really demotivates you from the game. I think atleast some items should become a bit more common, so that you atleast get a rare reward more often which might lower the price of some items, which means it'll be easier obtainable for players as the prices for current CoX items are way overvalued due to how slow the rate is that they are coming in the game. I understand they are end game items but I'm pretty sure most players don't get to use CoX items, at all.

Raids has been out for a while now, I know most people don't like to see items drop in price, however I don't think the current eco around raids items is healthy.

Edited by Iron Melee
  • Like 1

One thing that we need to remember is a 20m cash-stack (3 days into the game) is not that bad at all. The market price of items are similar to OSRS some items even a little cheaper and rest assured that 3 days into OSRS 20m is golden. You probably are just now reaching base 40/50 stats if your extremely active.  This version of a Runescape Private Server requires a grind and after constant members keep playing and bringing drops into the game more and more people will be doing COX for example.

I do agree that perhaps we could look into the drop-table however I do not agree that it's the "only" reason people are not attending raids. 

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

rsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Report a Player  | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

Alright so as a "end game PVM player" who does raids a decent amount of my time i will tell you this Zenyte raids have a passive points boost = 20% more points "if you pick certain rooms" + an option of getting a point booster scroll, which yes the drop rates are same as osrs but with scroll and the right point raids there will be approX 30% higher chance then osrs of getting a unique assuming it is same layout and 0 deaths and all bosses killed "no rope skip etc" 

To my point, if you need teams join a clan, if you feel rates are not boosted you are doing smt wrong trust me they are boosted by a good amount.

• Like 1

wtf_the_fuck?bg=abyss

TYw7FKU.gif

On 5/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, WTF The Fuck said:

Alright so as a "end game PVM player" who does raids a decent amount of my time i will tell you this Zenyte raids have a passive points boost = 20% more points "if you pick certain rooms" + an option of getting a point booster scroll, which yes the drop rates are same as osrs but with scroll and the right point raids there will be approX 30% higher chance then osrs of getting a unique assuming it is same layout and 0 deaths and all bosses killed "no rope skip etc" 

To my point, if you need teams join a clan, if you feel rates are not boosted you are doing smt wrong trust me they are boosted by a good amount.

Any chance you could tell me the layout? All the raids I've done were with the bonus scroll btw, I've done over 2 days worth of wisdom without getting a drop (RNG, I know)

But what's this room layout you're talking about? Missing out on another 20% might be something I've been missing, I usually do all rooms except Vespula and Vanguards and I pick Muttadile over Tekton, also only do Vasa if I get an Overload before the room. As I said, I find it hard to find teams, so I got to do solos. 

1 hour ago, Iron Melee said:

Any chance you could tell me the layout? All the raids I've done were with the bonus scroll btw, I've done over 2 days worth of wisdom without getting a drop (RNG, I know)

But what's this room layout you're talking about? Missing out on another 20% might be something I've been missing, I usually do all rooms except Vespula and Vanguards and I pick Muttadile over Tekton, also only do Vasa if I get an Overload before the room. As I said, I find it hard to find teams, so I got to do solos. 

you want rooms/layouts like muta tek myst crabs rope tek vasa sham crab rope stuff like those

wtf_the_fuck?bg=abyss

TYw7FKU.gif

On 5/9/2020 at 10:26 AM, WTF The Fuck said:

you want rooms/layouts like muta tek myst crabs rope tek vasa sham crab rope stuff like those

Kind of derailing my own topic, still think it's a bit too rare for a private server, doesn't need that much of a buff but it would be nice.

I tried doing a no tekton/mutta raid with vasa rope guards mystics crabs and shamans, it's like 30% more points indeed.

Not entirely sure but I think Vasa/Crabs are the best points?

I do agree with @Ironyteon this one.

3 days of playtime, isn't actually that much overall. I think the point in osrs in general, weather it's a private server or not is the grind. I feel way better when I grind for a week for something I want, rather than get it easy. 

Osrs is all about progression.

I think you should take this opportunity to create a new platform for end content players. Create a high level pvm clan that's dedicated to raids, invite people in and teach them how to raid. If it works, you can have a 24/7 raid clan from all time zones and raid when you want. 

http://34.95.45.115:3000/sig/little_bear?bg=balloon

IGN: I Farm Herbs/Little Bear