laylaa

Your thought on whats happened

Hi guys

so basically cut a long story short i have invested $400 + into the server.

i decided to play some FP with a guy called NO LUCK DAVE ( $2500 ) donater rank.

yes i understand i never used a middle man as i thought the guy was trusted and im new to Fping.

No luck dave ended up being banned for scamming me my 900m.

but apparently i have been told im not allowed my 900m back as i have to wait for him to appeal the ban (if he ever does) if not its bye bye 900m and $400 irl money.

i feel like this is very unfair and tbh its really upset me as i feel helpless, i dont have anything else.

https://ttprivatenew.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/tomnixon100-gmail/attachments/13287407/TinyTake26-04-2020-11-18-07_1587941408.mp4

I wouldn't make duplicate threads of the situation.

I'll happily reply to your last thread, but I hope this thread is removed.

I'll repeat exactly what I said yesterday in discord.

>so basically cut a long story short i have invested $400 + into the server.

We do not care about the amount donated. Whether you've never donated a penny, or are a top-tier donator, when it comes to rules and "favours", you'll be treated the exact same as everyone else.

>i feel like this is very unfair and tbh its really upset me as i feel helpless, i dont have anything else.

Is it unfair? Probably. This does not however mean we are going to bend the rules for anyone.

We run by a simple policy when it comes to scamming. A person getting scammed is not our fault. If you have evidence against someone and it ends up being valid, we punish the scammer. We do not ever refund the items on our own accord. The only way you can get your items back is if the scammer ends up appealing and we decide to revoke the punishment. This would then come with an agreement with the scammer to refund the items you were scammed for. Assuming the user agrees to it, their permanent punishment would then be changed to something lower(usually revoked entirely as the time between the punishment and appeal is usually enough in our eyes, but if the user appeals immediately, the ban will remain for awhile; if it's a repeated offender, they remain banned for good).

We do not really have any right to take items off of a player, we will always give them a choice of doing so on their own accord, outside of game-breaking bugs. There is also a strong reasoning for not wanting to remove items off of a player. There's always a possibility that the user reporting the scammer ends up faking the report. We have no right to take the items off of the alleged scammer, if the faked report would end up looking authentic enough in our eyes, we could be taking items off of a legitimate player and giving them to a scammer instead. The best way to deal with this is get the other parties' opinions and views on the matter, and assuming they are guilty on the matter, give them a choice.

As to why the user scammed isn't getting a choice - it's not yours to make. You're a presumed victim in the matter, your choices are what led to the event and from here on out, it's just a waiting game. If you're lucky enough, the guy will appeal and you'll likely get your things back. If not, well, lesson learned.

• Like 3