Distraction

Bank presets

Bank presets  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add presets? Let us know your thoughts!

• Yes, add presets.
    • Yes, but certain parts should be limited or not feature at all (please expand further in the comments!)
    • No presets at all.

We would love to hear what the community has to say about adding bank presets.

These will be
inventory, gear and spellbook presets.

Below are some previews of some mock-ups @Tommeh is currently working on for tournament's and main game interfaces.

eb80010317.png

a203fd17c4.gif

c5795d0d4a.gif

We have a poll up the top to cast your vote and let us know your thoughts on the subject
Why we should have them or why we shouldn't have them.

Just to clarify, presets for the main game will only have inventory, equipment and spellbook. Combat stats are for tournaments.

We are also thinking of, if presets pass, limiting certain features such as extra slots for donators, spellbooks being for donators only, etc. We'd love to hear any and all feedback you guys have, we're aware presets are a contentious topic.

The combat presets are going to be for the 'playground' fun-pk area in tournaments where players can pk with any setup while waiting for tournaments.

21 hours ago, Corey said:

Just to bring up the thought that this will affect skilling too. Instantly gearing for farm runs, runecrafting, bankstanding skills.

Maybe this is something you want, maybe not, just something to bear in mind!

• Like 15

Would make gearing up for certain bosses and pvm related things way easier so imo its a handy and good idea to implent them

• Like 2

Just to bring up the thought that this will affect skilling too. Instantly gearing for farm runs, runecrafting, bankstanding skills.

Maybe this is something you want, maybe not, just something to bear in mind!

• Like 4

Would be great with boss presets and farm presets. Would definitely like to see this.

i think this would be great, i do think there are other qol updates we need way more than this though. instances, functional cerb, bank space issues due to no cons etc. come to mind

• Like 4

This would be an amazing QOL feature. I tend to forget one or two items when switching between herb runs and slaying. Support!

I spend way to much time switching from combat gear to my farming loadout and vise versa. This would save so much time.

Some people might beat me up for this but I believe they should not add spellbooks to the preset for the main game. It would essentially be way too quick and easy, keep it primarily to mage cape or the alter at home?

• Like 1

To prevent skill-abusing you should have to have the bank window open to change presets on the main server. Other servers have this problem where you can stand at X object and change presets to re-fill your inventory without the need to bank. 

Just now, D R A I N said:

instances, functional cerb, bank space issues due to no cons etc. come to mind

All being worked on (or about to), but that doesn't mean we can't also work on other things at the same time.

Tommeh decided to whip this up while working on tournaments so we decided to poll it and see what you guys think.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I feel about the spellbook preset or how that would really work with the way it currently is having to swap spellbook at an altar or with mage cape perk. I'd definitely like to hear some ways people might think this would drastically change a current meta or make something op. I can think of a number of places this would be useful ranging from the farm/birdhouse runs, gearing for clue scrolls (really tedious when you get a lot of wildy steps), gearing for bossing, etc. Seems like it would be really nice to have.

• Like 1

Yes please!

As a Donator though, I don't think you should limit F2P players to the point it's barely usable (not that I expect that anyway).  Nothing wrong with adding extra Donator Benefit features; I think the mentioned additional Presets is a great idea.  Doesn't necessarily hurt F2P players, but gives extra incentives to Donate.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Catanddog75 said:

Yes please!

As a Donator though, I don't think you should limit F2P players to the point it's barely usable (not that I expect that anyway).  Nothing wrong with adding extra Donator Benefit features; I think the mentioned additional Presets is a great idea.  Doesn't necessarily hurt F2P players, but gives extra incentives to Donate.

What would you think of different numbers of presets by donor rank with a base number available for free? Kinda like home portal having extra favorite tele unlock spots. Seems like that might be a nice way to do it rather than by features.

Edited by ranger guy
Adding to comment

I feel like presets are a good thing overall, but can potentially be a harmful thing. In terms of PVM and skilling, it is great. ATM, we do have search options that you can add tags to items, but if you add multiple tags for a single item, it can start to look messy. I feel like if it is to have bank presets over other content, I would rather have other content. 

I worry about potential players being able to gear up quickly and teleport to wilderness spots and abuse the yell system where it announces drops in the wilderness. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fogel said:

To prevent skill-abusing you should have to have the bank window open to change presets on the main server. Other servers have this problem where you can stand at X object and change presets to re-fill your inventory without the need to bank. 

This would be available via the bank only, or at least very close proximity of a bank. They would not be accessible globally.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corey said:

This would be available via the bank only, or at least very close proximity of a bank. They would not be accessible globally.

I could see it being a problem in certain areas like cooking in the Myth's Guild if there was no direct requirement to have the actual bank interface open. Cooking would be even faster 😆

Got my vote. Nothing irks the hell out of me more than when I forget something on a farming run.

I like to switch up my activities a lot so this would definitely be a huge improvement to QoL. I feel that it should be a feature all players regardless of donation status can enjoy, however it could scale with rank in terms of the number of preset slots. Thanks for polling this!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes please! I was doing some farm runs a bit back and i was actively avoiding doing stuff inbetween because my inventory setup for farming was fairly complicated and I didn't wanna redo it every 40 minutes, this would be amazing.

More of my opinions after reading the rest of the thread : I don't think you should limit F2P players very much , if at all for this, at most you guys should do what Hassan and ranger guy said and limit the amount of preset slots for each rank, though you should start with a pretty generous amount, maybe 6 or 7 preset slots for a F2P with each rank getting 1 more preset slot; I think F2Ps should start with a generous amount as ideally you'd have a preset for farm runs, doing clues, multiple boss presets(Zulrah, Vorkath, Hydra, Skotizo, Mimic etc)

Edited by grian
  • Like 1

+1

Awesome QoL improvement! Would love to see this added.

Would save alot time gearing for farm runs between or during and for slayer tasks/bosses.

Only thing I think that would be better to leave out is the magic book switch and limit it to banked items/gear.

3 hours ago, Sir Hassan said:

I like to switch up my activities a lot so this would definitely be a huge improvement to QoL. I feel that it should be a feature all players regardless of donation status can enjoy, however it could scale with rank in terms of the number of preset slots. Thanks for polling this!

I agree with this statement and the overall poll - The only thing is I want to clarify I believe we should leave out the changing of spell books and we could scale as Hassan and someone else said the amount of slots based upon donation status.