Life

Wilderness "Ragging" and "1-Iteming"

20 minutes ago, nuck chorris said:

just record whenever you're in wildy and you're considered to be ragged, maybe record when they do it for a longer period of time, with different time stamps etc etc and staff will be able to identify whether it's ragging or you're claiming to be ragged. ofc kids like blamejuicy and blaz and all those clan boys will complain and abuse this as much as they can but you can counter act if you do it correctly.

cant wait for u to get skull tricked again brotherman

23 minutes ago, glitch said:

O P, we understand that you have concerns that rank played a factor in the rules creation. We want to assure you it did not, as the original post stated we've received multiple complaints regarding ragging and 1-iteming that we felt it was necessary to implement. This decision wasn't made lightly and a thorough discussion was had among staff that lead to this.

Noted.

My whole point was about how specifically it targeted "harassment" in the wilderness. Here is where I'm confused; people complain all the time about getting killed in wildy while skilling or training, so clearly it's an issue with people. And I don't mean killed once, I think killing someone once or twice is fine, but after that, when they, very obviously, don't have the intention to fight. Especially when there's no risk. At that point, it serves no purpose other than to annoy. How come this didn't become an offense included in ragging? 😕 

31 minutes ago, O P said:

Noted.

My whole point was about how specifically it targeted "harassment" in the wilderness. Here is where I'm confused; people complain all the time about getting killed in wildy while skilling or training, so clearly it's an issue with people. And I don't mean killed once, I think killing someone once or twice is fine, but after that, when they, very obviously, don't have the intention to fight. Especially when there's no risk. At that point, it serves no purpose other than to annoy. How come this didn't become an offense included in ragging? 😕 

Probably because those unfortunate events didn't occur 24/7 unlike the rag/multi bots @ 35s which many different people see as ruining the game. Not sure why you're so upset when staff are actually dealing with this now. 

52 minutes ago, MB11930210 said:

cant wait for u to get skull tricked again brotherman

1. wrong person

2. he didn't even care lmao

2 hours ago, O P said:

LOL. You ever watch a corrupt politician on T.V , or during an interview? Your comment reminds me of that XD 

Congrats you think you're right, so do all the others complaining about getting killed over and over.
I understand you have your explanation. However, fact is, things aren't lining up. You think other ppl haven't complained about other types of ragging/harassment?

You have big $$ donated into the game + you got your clan & friends to spam as well, along with other randoms. 
You simply pressured staff.... ex. by saying you will not donate for x months if the issue wasn't addressed etc etc (there are screenshots of this) ...so you can save this hero act. 

If this is what dictates staff's actions and decision, my donation was wasted. 

Isn't all of this just common sense though? Which side would you pick if you were owner/staff?

50 people that actually play Zenyte & donate or support in other ways are complaining and yelling about raggers ruining the game or you pick the side of 10 raggers that purposely ruin the game, don't play to do anything else and do literally nothing useful for the game? Very hard decision to be made. I hope you'll never become the president of whatever country that you're from because you wouldn't be able to make any easy decisions let alone hard & tough ones. God bless you sir

2 hours ago, O P said:

LOL. You ever watch a corrupt politician on T.V , or during an interview? Your comment reminds me of that XD 

Congrats you think you're right, so do all the others complaining about getting killed over and over.
I understand you have your explanation. However, fact is, things aren't lining up. You think other ppl haven't complained about other types of ragging/harassment?

You have big $$ donated into the game + you got your clan & friends to spam as well, along with other randoms. 
You simply pressured staff.... ex. by saying you will not donate for x months if the issue wasn't addressed etc etc (there are screenshots of this) ...so you can save this hero act. 

If this is what dictates staff's actions and decision, my donation was wasted. 

Edit: Not sure why it came twice

Sure maybe other people complained before but it has been taken care of now at least so why complain? Put a smile on that face!

Edited by CIA

1 hour ago, CIA said:

Isn't all of this just common sense though? Which side would you pick if you were owner/staff?

50 people that actually play Zenyte & donate or support in other ways are complaining and yelling about raggers ruining the game or you pick the side of 10 raggers that purposely ruin the game, don't play to do anything else and do literally nothing useful for the game? Very hard decision to be made. I hope you'll never become the president of whatever country that you're from because you wouldn't be able to make any easy decisions let alone hard & tough ones. God bless you sir

Edit: Not sure why it came twice

Sure maybe other people complained before but it has been taken care of now at least so why complain? Put a smile on that face!

Overall , I said before, the rule is a good one. I just think it should be applied more uniformly and was questioning why it wasn't. 

6 hours ago, Life said:

as long as you both agree to fight.

So obviously I don't even PK as I am a HCIM, but I am curious about this: Is it considered harassment and or a bankable offense if you attack someone without their consent at all (not under ragging/1 item circumstances) just in general player vs player. 

Thanks for the info though! 

Congratulations, hitting pvmers in the wilderness is now RAGGING!
You have also effectively killed the wilderness for anyone who wants to pk in basics!

14 minutes ago, DOGDICK39 said:

Congratulations, hitting pvmers in the wilderness is now RAGGING!
You have also effectively killed the wilderness for anyone who wants to pk in basics!

If you read the topic, I'm not sure how you came up with that conclusion. PKing is fine. 1 iteming with your Crystal Bow to harass players 24/7 however, is not.

5 minutes ago, Life said:

If you read the topic, I'm not sure how you came up with that conclusion. PKing is fine. 1 iteming with your Crystal Bow to harass players 24/7 however, is not.

Does this mean I cannot wear low level items that are considered "rags" into the wilderness at all?
No, it is only against the rules to purposely attack other players in the wilderness with your "rags" equipped without their consent as this is classified as harassing another player. As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule.

Basics pking is BANNABLE

Attacking someone without their consent whilst geared is considered harassment?
ARE YOU STUPID?
This is how the wilderness THRIVES. PKers shouldn't have to politely ask someone at revenants if they can "pretty please hit u men!" you are ruining your own server and hopefully come to your senses of mindlessly following a bunch of crybabies who pk in rags ALL DAY LONG!

Edited by DOGDICK39
  • Like 1

Now one needs consent to pk, great looool

7 hours ago, Blisziful said:

So obviously I don't even PK as I am a HCIM, but I am curious about this: Is it considered harassment and or a bankable offense if you attack someone without their consent at all (not under ragging/1 item circumstances) just in general player vs player. 

Thanks for the info though! 

I'm not staff nor was I part of the discussion when this new rule was created, however I do feel fairly confident to answer your question with common sense that certain people seem to be lacking on this server. This rule is to protect people from being constantly hit by people that are using 1 item & risking nothing (Not even trying to get kills, simply just to block other people from getting kills & to annoy people) Your HCIM account isn't protected from ACTUAL pkers that are in GEAR & ACTUALLY RISKING MONEY in ORDER to make more MONEY. The only thing your HCIM/any Iron or normie in-game are protected from are people using 1 item & bringing 0 risk into the wilderness. Anyone trying to act stupid & twisting words may blame themselves if they get into trouble with staff for not reading & using common sense. 

Edited by CIA
  • Like 1

Only trash pkers would react negatively to this, don't worry we understand

btw ill buy all your crystal seeds for cost since you have no choice to sell them xd

20 hours ago, O P said:

So if i'm at revs with no risk, PKer comes and kills me, I go back, and they keep killing me again and again... will that also be ragging? A lot of people have complained about this..... now that the PKers' complain about an annoyance (THAT'S ALSO A WIDELY USED MECHANIC IN THE GAME), it becomes against the rules because its "harassment". 
Yes, you can say "killing revs, being in wildy" is a risk etc etc.... but, the same logic can be applied to PKing, getting ragged by an alt is part of the risk of trying to kill people. *BOTH HIGHLY ANNOYING TO EACH PARTY* the reasoning to implement such a narrow rule doesn't make logical sense.

Staff seem to be showing favor for people who have donated big amounts of $$, is the only logical explanation. 

To be clear, good rule, but it should then be applied to all things harassment , not just what the outcry was for by CIA, who "coincidentally" has a zenyte donor rank. 

We do not pick favorites because some one donated 10$ or 1000$
Everyone is equal. This whole "Favoritism due to rank" Crap has really got to get out of everybodys head. We do not care how much an individual donates, they do not control the server. Corey, Kris, Noele, Tommeh are 'owners'. T H E Y. Control the server. We just moderate it on their behalf.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I’ve never been pking on Zenyte but obviously ragging is an issue with amount of bickering of this thread...

OP CIA wasn't the only one complaining about this issue, a lot of people via wilderness had a say in this as well.
All the staff did was listen to the people, their is no favoritism ITS THEIR JOB. 🙂

• Like 1

I like how the raggers are picking on tiny little things like the part where you mentioned needing consent. Mate this isn't the Law you're not lawyers fighting a case and trying to abuse loopholes in the system, IT'S RULES ON A RS PRIVATE SERVER. IT'S A GUIDELINE MEANT TO TELL YOU WHAT STAFF DO NOT WANT ON THEIR GAME AND WHAT THEY'LL REMOVE YOU FOR. HAHA WEIRDOS MAN IDK

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

CIA bought his powers.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:07 PM, GETCANCER49 said:

"As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule." L0l, so more or less you can't hit someone unless you risk your bank. Imagine siding with the dogs only because they donate to your server. Also don't forget they rag too, fucking hypocrites. 

This is actually true.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, Kris said:

It's self-explanatory. We aren't going to set any specific value in stone as people will just start abusing that. No, you will not be banned if you're teleblocking people in some cheap robes and normal tb gear. The rule isn't as strict as people make it out to be. It is subject to the staff member to decide whether or not you really are abusing this.

WHAT?

• Like 2

Lol this is legit the dumbest rule I've seen Zenyte make. How unfortunate. 

If someone is trying to get an Imbued God cape but they get camped by a team of 3 all day long because it's the only thing they can find to pk, it's fine for that person to never receive their God cape cuz #campinglifebro.

But yeah, lets ban a wildy mechanic. Is it annoying? Sure. So is being camped 24/7 by the same team over and over again because they are bored. Fair's fair. And it's always been that everything goes in Wildy - both in OSRS and here. 

• Like 3