Life

Wilderness "Ragging" and "1-Iteming"

Ragging, and/or 1-item PKing is now against the rules everywhere in Zenyte starting in 24 hours. This is now classified under Player Harassment, Section 8 of Player Vs Player Guidelines.

During the past few days, we've seen numerous players reaching out to us, and creating reports about "Ragging", and "1-Iteming" in the wilderness, and cannot properly enjoy Zenyte Wilderness activities without running into these players, this post will address the new rule change on the topic.

7d7affae9b.png

What is ragging?
Ragging is known in Oldschool Runescape as a "No risk Pking", meaning you purposely seek fights from players, but risk nothing if you were to die in the wilderness.

What is 1-Iteming?
1-Iteming is exactly what is sounds like; seeking fights from players inside the wilderness while wearing only 1 piece of armor, which also classifies as "ragging", since you risk nothing if you were to die in the wilderness.

How do I report someone for this issue?
You can report any player for this issue by going to "Report a Player", and filling out the template. 
For this specific issue, we ask you to provide us video evidence of the harassment, and give us as much information/videos as possible. (Screenshots will not suffice as evidence)

FAQ
Does this mean I cannot wear 1 item into the wilderness at all?

No, it is only against the rules to purposely attack other players in the wilderness with 1 item equipped. As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule.

Does this mean I cannot wear low level items that are considered "rags" into the wilderness at all?
No, it is only against the rules to purposely attack other players in the wilderness with your "rags" equipped without their consent as this is classified as harassing another player. As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule.
(Rag PKing another player in rag gear is not against the rules, as long as you both agree to fight.

For more information, and to brush up on Zenyte's current rules, click here.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

All I know is if I get in trouble for 1 item pvm or achievement diaries I'm gonna get ignant.

Thank you! Now I can do revenants and pkers are not allowed to kill me over and over cause its considered ragging 🙂 !

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just a small clarification to those who read it right after posting: The rule will take effect 24 hours from when this thread was posted, to give people some time to get to know to the rule change. We will not instantly be banning those who still do it today.

1 minute ago, Distraction said:

thats not what this is for

1 hour ago, Life said:

How do I report someone for this issue?
You can report any player for this issue by going to "Report a Player", and filling out the template. 
For this specific issue, we ask you to provide us video evidence of the harassment, and give us as much information/videos as possible. (Screenshots will not suffice as evidence)

I consider anyone attacking me in wilderness while I PvM a harassment.

• Like 4

Very good rule to be pushed out into the Live Servers, I 100% support this rule and look forward to the rule being enforced as to allow users to enjoy every piece of Zenyte content without being harassed by others.

"As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule." L0l, so more or less you can't hit someone unless you risk your bank. Imagine siding with the dogs only because they donate to your server. Also don't forget they rag too, fucking hypocrites. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Dislike 5

you can pk all you want, its the camping at certain spots with a single item attacking anyone that teles there trying to do slayer or pvm or whatever it may be. theres a difference between pking and ragging

Lmfao you're the only one that gonna complain about this rule, as everyone els will follow it.... lmfao pathetic

mby make it Clear where non risk ragging line goes is it blk dhide rCb or is it 200k risk or 500k or where does the line go?

ETC bringing tb + blk dhide and bolts is this Considered ragging or not. 

Please make a rule fully Clear before making it ty

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this only a pvp rule? For example, if I'm barraging Nechs, but other people are there doing a task as well, is that considered ragging? Serious question

1 minute ago, Ziniy said:

mby make it Clear where non risk ragging line goes is it blk dhide rCb or is it 200k risk or 500k or where does the line go?

ETC bringing tb + blk dhide and bolts is this Considered ragging or not. 

Please make a rule fully Clear before making it ty

It's self-explanatory. We aren't going to set any specific value in stone as people will just start abusing that. No, you will not be banned if you're teleblocking people in some cheap robes and normal tb gear. The rule isn't as strict as people make it out to be. It is subject to the staff member to decide whether or not you really are abusing this.

starlight, they are able to do that, i mean yea its kinda rude but with 1 world and depending on slayer master if u get nechs in catacombs thats only spot to go to, going to have to share 

1 minute ago, V iking said:

starlight, they are able to do that, i mean yea its kinda rude but with 1 world and depending on slayer master if u get nechs in catacombs thats only spot to go to, going to have to share 

Okay cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you Kris,Life & rest of the staff team for taking action on this issue that was troubling a fair amount of people.

I would also like to apologize to the staff that had to deal with ::yell being filled over this issue but it seemed like nothing was happening so the people of Zenyte had to take their own action in order to get Staff to pay more attention on the subject. I'm sorry if we made your job more difficult,challenging & annoying today but hopefully you can understand. 

Also thank you to everyone that stepped up to show support, especially those brave people that were willing to put Zenyte RSPS above their personal beef with me.

This only demonstrates that Zenyte RSPS has a bright future ahead of itself. 

-CIA

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Distraction said:

thats not what this is for

So if i'm at revs with no risk, PKer comes and kills me, I go back, and they keep killing me again and again... will that also be ragging? A lot of people have complained about this..... now that the PKers' complain about an annoyance (THAT'S ALSO A WIDELY USED MECHANIC IN THE GAME), it becomes against the rules because its "harassment". 
Yes, you can say "killing revs, being in wildy" is a risk etc etc.... but, the same logic can be applied to PKing, getting ragged by an alt is part of the risk of trying to kill people. *BOTH HIGHLY ANNOYING TO EACH PARTY* the reasoning to implement such a narrow rule doesn't make logical sense.

Staff seem to be showing favor for people who have donated big amounts of $$, is the only logical explanation. 

To be clear, good rule, but it should then be applied to all things harassment , not just what the outcry was for by CIA, who "coincidentally" has a zenyte donor rank. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, O P said:

So if i'm at revs with no risk, PKer comes and kills me, I go back, and they keep killing me again and again... will that also be ragging? A lot of people have complained about this..... now that the PKers' complain about an annoyance (THAT'S ALSO A WIDELY USED MECHANIC IN THE GAME), it becomes against the rules because its "harassment". 
Yes, you can say "killing revs, being in wildy" is a risk etc etc.... but, the same logic can be applied to PKing, getting ragged by an alt is part of the risk of trying to kill people. *BOTH HIGHLY ANNOYING TO EACH PARTY* the reasoning to implement such a narrow rule doesn't make logical sense.

Staff seem to be showing favor for people who have donated big amounts of $$, is the only logical explanation. 

To be clear, good rule, but it should then be applied to all things harassment , not just what the outcry was for by CIA, who "coincidentally" has a zenyte donor rank. 

My amount of donation has nothing to do with what's wrong & right.

I was right and my money had no impact on the decision whatsoever that was made by the Staff team which happened to agree with me & many other people that were in favor for this bullshit to end.

I have 0 power over what the staff decides to do, they make the decisions not me. The only thing I did was bring this issue to their attention along with many other people that were on the same page. After that the staff team had a discussion and they agreed. Simple as that

Edited by CIA

5 minutes ago, CIA said:

My amount of donation has nothing to do with what's wrong & right.

I was right and my money had no impact on the decision whatsoever that was made by the Staff team which happened to agree with me & many other people that were in favor for this bullshit to end.

I have 0 power over what the staff decides to do, they make the decisions not me. The only thing I did was bring this issue to their attention along with many other people that were on the same page. After that the staff team had a discussion and they agreed. Simple as that

LOL. You ever watch a corrupt politician on T.V , or during an interview? Your comment reminds me of that XD 

Congrats you think you're right, so do all the others complaining about getting killed over and over.
I understand you have your explanation. However, fact is, things aren't lining up. You think other ppl haven't complained about other types of ragging/harassment?

You have big $$ donated into the game + you got your clan & friends to spam as well, along with other randoms. 
You simply pressured staff.... ex. by saying you will not donate for x months if the issue wasn't addressed etc etc (there are screenshots of this) ...so you can save this hero act. 

If this is what dictates staff's actions and decision, my donation was wasted. 

op please get your facts straight before throwing out false information like that. thanks! much appreciated

16 minutes ago, V iking said:

op please get your facts straight before throwing out false information like that. thanks! much appreciated

Please do elaborate instead of such a blanket statement.

I did not throw anything out there. DO pay attention to the words "it seems" , "If" 

Also,
l0l "not applying pressure"

What am I missing? 

Edited by O P

2 hours ago, GETCANCER49 said:

"As long as you do not attack a player, you have not broken a rule." L0l, so more or less you can't hit someone unless you risk your bank. Imagine siding with the dogs only because they donate to your server. Also don't forget they rag too, fucking hypocrites. 

you're an unfun cretin who spams crystal bow because ur too dogshit at pking to fight normally. Your entire team avoids whenever called out, you're multi bots and even then you're shit in multi too so you cry bow rag until a decent pker from ur team comes on so you can feed him gear to fight people. BUT I STILL AINT SEEN THESE PEOPLE COMING ON LIKE YOU SAI DTHEY WOULD BE XD DOGSHIT PKER REDUCED TO ASH BY THIS NEW RULE I LOVE IT

just record whenever you're in wildy and you're considered to be ragged, maybe record when they do it for a longer period of time, with different time stamps etc etc and staff will be able to identify whether it's ragging or you're claiming to be ragged. ofc kids like blamejuicy and blaz and all those clan boys will complain and abuse this as much as they can but you can counter act if you do it correctly.

51 minutes ago, O P said:

Please do elaborate instead of such a blanket statement.

I did not throw anything out there. DO pay attention to the words "it seems" , "If" 

Also,
l0l "not applying pressure"

What am I missing? 

O P, we understand that you have concerns that rank played a factor in the rules creation. We want to assure you it did not, as the original post stated we've received multiple complaints regarding ragging and 1-iteming that we felt it was necessary to implement. This decision wasn't made lightly and a thorough discussion was had among staff that lead to this.