Town Crier/ ::store Idea

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

The help cc gave me a wonderful idea and I hope you guys will find this as wonderful as I do. (This will probably not interest senior players). Four simple words. Town. Crier. Useful. Information. I've seen a few new players ask these and even I asked this my self when I started playing this. "who are the owners?" or "What are the benefits of donating on Zenyte?", "What does a Green crown mean?", "What does a moderator do?" & "Where can we make some quick starter cash?" We can use the Town crier to help the new players with the general informational questions that get frequently asked, like those I've mentioned earlier. The Town crier could also let us know "hot" topics that are going about, like example the clue development topic... or future updates and all the way to ::topic 260 or ::topic 3275.. you know those type of general information that the npc could guide us with. and I think it'd give a nice osrs feel to it.. and if it's "too much" suggestions on what that npc could possibly do. We can keep it nice and simple and use him as he was intended to?  https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Town_crier just a thought I had.

Suggestion 2 is gonna be quiet simpler and less long than the previous suggestion, if I haven't lost you yet, than I am glad to read that.

In the ::store may we please add more cool pets please ! I don't wanna be mean.. but I'd personally wouldn't spend 50 bucks on a dog with flees on it.. Some people would, don't get me wrong it's unique! But I'd pay 50 bucks for a more beautiful pet, or even I'd be ready to sacrifice even 9-10hrs outta the paycheck to buy a cool F'ing pet that's worth 100$, on the real. There is so much possibilities they could add, they added the stray dog after all and a weird ass gnome creature.. Why not a frog? A lizard? Or snail from canifs maybe? F it why not a duck as well? There is sooo much possibilities ! they could vary from 25$-50-75-100-150-200$??? I'd personally be more than willing to buy a one hundred dollar pet, if that thing is cool looking ! Imagine a black baby dragon following a max main with an infernal cape, full bandos and dfs and a whip... oooffff...

Thank you for your time reading this paragraph of a suggestion.

Yours Truly.

~1945

Edited by 1945

2 minutes ago, GodzLegendz said:

Im with u 100% threw man

Thank you man, I am glad to hear that ! I hope more will support this idea, I can picture the Town Crier shouting at home in a non spamming way to come talk to him for all general information that we seek, it could be clean

Suggestion 1 is Very relevant and i strongly support it! Thank you

No no,  thank you for your time reading this, It's very much appreciated !

Regarding the first point, I'm not sure if the town crier is the correct way to approach FAQ; I'd rather make a basic text interface with lots of free room and make ::faq open that, containing all the information that's frequently asked. Don't get me wrong, I would like to implement town crier sometime soon actually, but I feel like this would just be wasted/spam, and I'd rather like to make it announce stuff that's relevant to all players, not just beginners.

As for the second one, I do have plans of importing lots of cool pets from the 2008-2009 era over to Zenyte. Pets do no harm - even if players dislike customs. I do have plans of adding the baby dragon pets, and I actually was trying to do that 2-3 months ago however I couldn't get them working at the time due to lack of necessary tools. I now have those tools as I needed to create them to produce the Christmas event.

You'll soon be seeing geckos, platypuses, monkeys, baby dragons, dogs, penguins, squirrels, chameleons and some others. 🙂

• Like 2

Oooofffffff very glad to read that, in my opinion it's always with the little details in what makes a server that is simply awesome, thank you for your time reading this and thank you especially for considering these! I like better your idea for the town crier, way more cleaner & I'll be looking forward into buying a sexy pet!

Edited by 1945

On 2/1/2020 at 5:37 AM, Kris said:

Regarding the first point, I'm not sure if the town crier is the correct way to approach FAQ; I'd rather make a basic text interface with lots of free room and make ::faq open that, containing all the information that's frequently asked. Don't get me wrong, I would like to implement town crier sometime soon actually, but I feel like this would just be wasted/spam, and I'd rather like to make it announce stuff that's relevant to all players, not just beginners.

As for the second one, I do have plans of importing lots of cool pets from the 2008-2009 era over to Zenyte. Pets do no harm - even if players dislike customs. I do have plans of adding the baby dragon pets, and I actually was trying to do that 2-3 months ago however I couldn't get them working at the time due to lack of necessary tools. I now have those tools as I needed to create them to produce the Christmas event.

You'll soon be seeing geckos, platypuses, monkeys, baby dragons, dogs, penguins, squirrels, chameleons and some others. 🙂

I think adding a ::fan command which brings up and interface similar to staff which can even include links to forum topics would be much easier to implement. But, to get a use of the town crier- It could shout things like "Remember to set up ::2fa to secure your account!" or "Vote every 12 hours for up to 550k day." Or have the crier only shout things when there are server events such as new releases, topics that staff would like players to read, or upon new releases. 

Thanks for sharing man! 

Blisziful