faggetman

INSTANCED God Wars Dungeon??

Preface:
current list of instance bosses:
-zulrah. grotesque guardians, vorkath. alchemical hydra, kbd, kraken, obor/bryophyta, hespori, corp

bosses that could use instances:
-God Wars Dungeon
-cerberus
-DKS: has slayer only cave (not instanced), meaning there are 2 sets of dks in game
-KQ (no slayer only, no instance, only 1 KQ in game)
-Thermonuclear Boss (no slayer only, no instance, only 1 in game)

other "bosses" like shamans or Demonic Gorillas are excluded from this list
- shamans has Lizardman Canyon (off task) and Lizardman Caves (on task)
- Demonic gorillas are bountiful

The focus of this suggestion is on adding INSTANCES to God Wars Dungeon ONLY.
-KQ rarely has any players due to the lack of uniques aside from pet/slayhelm/dchain
-DKS already has two sets of daganoths, while GWD only has 1 - maybe if enough people want a Slayer only INSTANCE it can be added too
-Cerberus has 3 rooms and can only ever be done on task

Potential Ways to Implement:
- Cash requirement to create the instance (cash dump for unrestricted players, gives gp more usefulness for Irons)
- Adding Instance Tokens/Scrolls to either ::Store or Vote Shop (or Both! like the new Xerics Wisdom scroll)
- (if instance is found to be too OP, then maybe a slayer task only room similar to DKS)

___

Introduction:

Loot from God Wars Dungeon bosses is some of the most desirable gear upgrades and highest level end-game content before Raids (also instanced).
With a growing number of players, demand is increasing for gwd uniques. Making PVMing more and more profitable

Only a small percentage of players are "raids ready" in terms of gear or ability, making GWD the more popular choice and therefore more crowded 

Benefits of the Instance:

Prevent 'Crashing'
- There's toxicity or at the very least, some tension, when two groups of players want to do GWD at the same time.
- on OSRS there are multiple worlds, so this can usually be avoided. But on here you have to duke it out by trying to get the most DPS and discouraging the other group enough for them to leave first. 
- I believe that adding GWD instance would alleviate some of that conflict and create more enjoyable gameplay. 

Ironmen
- This goes kind of hand in hand with the previous note. But Zenyte has a large community of Ironman players. 
- They would still have the option to use the un-instanced God room, but if they want 0 chance of being crashed they can purchase an instance. 

More Votes/Donations
- if adding to the vote store/donor store, it would be yet another USEFUL item to encourage donations and voting for the server. 

Rebuttals:

Am I over exaggerating the need for this instance?
- Even if Godwars dungeon is empty for a large amount of time, there are still times when multiple groups/solo players want to do a specific GWD boss at the same time.
- I can agree that GWD is not overly crowded, but I don't see any harm in giving people the OPTION of an instance. 

Will it 'break' the ECO?
- If GWD instances were added, I don't think the amount of people doing GWD will increase that drastically. 
- With a growing player base, demand for GWD uniques will still be high keeping prices high (with the exception of pkermen items like the Staff of the dead)
- If staff can keep track of trends, and the Instance tokens/scrolls are found too OP they can be removed. 

Crashing is just a part of the game though
- I can agree with this to a certain extent. But with playing other servers with 600-1000 active with no instanced GWD it's one of the most toxic gameplay i've ever experienced. 
- And Zenyte #'s are climbing by the day. And with more quality content being added in the future, i believe it will hit a much higher player count. And it will be a bigger problem then.
- It can save a lot of headache for devs to be Active instead of Reactive. 

Closing Statement:

I know that a lot of content still needs to be added to 'catch up' with OSRS. The last thing I want to do is take the devs' focus away from more priority content. 
IF this is not something super difficult/time consuming to add I think it would benefit the community and the server, create more enjoyable game play for normies and ironmen alike, and not break the eco. 

I'd love to hear other potential solutions or opposing opinions from players/staff.

Edited by faggetman
  • Like 7

i say yes, not too bad to the economy specially if they're paid instances which of course im sure they will be.

Very detailed, much better suggestion to the one I did a few weeks ago. Pretty sure staff is going to close this topic as soon as they read it, since is the 4th time someone posted something like this. Maybe now is the time to shine baby, gl.

You got my up vote

Would definitely be in support. Could act as a gold sink, and would be very nice to not worry about it either being full or being crashed.

Definitely support this suggestion, with a growing player base, this is almost needed !

Absolutely. 100% agree. Been crashed several times, (and done some not so proud of crashing myself) at GWD. It's a pain, and can halt a player's account progression. I'm in favor of multiple bosses getting and instance, but for the time being, I whole heartily support the idea of instanced Godwars!! Fantastic suggestion, and superb presentation. 

Upvote!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

Absolutely. 100% agree. Been crashed several times, (and done some not so proud of crashing myself) at GWD. It's a pain, and can halt a player's account progression. I'm in favor of multiple bosses getting and instance, but for the time being, I whole heartily support the idea of instanced Godwars!! Fantastic suggestion, and superb presentation. 

Upvote!

Yeah I totally feel that man. I hate being crashed, but sometimes I have to do the crashing as well.. thanks for the upvote

First off, I wanted to applaud you for such a well-written post. Even in OSRS, I know that toxicity levels can be high when a group is crashed at GWD. Luckily there are so many worlds that this can usually be avoided outside of peak game play times, but since Zenyte is only one world, I see the urge to make it instanced. A "death" feature would have to be put in place though, because dying in an instance and losing all of your items is less than ideal. Every other instance has a death and item retrieval mechanic. Implementing this into GWD would be wonky, but if done correctly, extremely useful. 

100% Agree with this. I cba getting crashed at gwds and it happens all too often. 

+1

This has been suggested beforehand, however your post is the most detailed I've seen. I'm fairly sure instances will come in the future at some point, but yes I do support this. 

I do have plans for creating instances, however I'd like to do so with a nice interface behind it. The interface alone would be a few days of development time. Alongside that, for something such as Godwars dungeon instances, we would need to create a lobby system(to avoid getting hit by npcs while building the instance) and something to reclaim the lost items from. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kris said:

and something to reclaim the lost items from. 

Possibly a chest outside of each God's area. Each chest requires you to have an armor piece of that God's insignia on it in order to open? Then possibly have a cost for retrieving the items. Could be as simple as recoloring the gold trim on chests: Grey, Red, Brown, or Blue. 

OR! You could have the chest right past the entrance to each God's area. Therefore people would have to achieve the necessary kill count to even get to the chest. I find that as a worthy punishment for failing your instance. 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:41 AM, Kris said:

I do have plans for creating instances, however I'd like to do so with a nice interface behind it. The interface alone would be a few days of development time. Alongside that, for something such as Godwars dungeon instances, we would need to create a lobby system(to avoid getting hit by npcs while building the instance) and something to reclaim the lost items from. 

Awesome man. Definitely looking forward to it! 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:41 AM, Kris said:

That would be so awesome!

On most other servers you automaticly lose all items if there is no other player in the instance as it will then be closed.