Solo Realism

V's Shield For x5 Exp Rate

130px-V's_shield_detail.png?a0285 The Roman Numeral 5 to indicate x5 exp-rate players seemed like the perfect fit.

V's shield would not have any benefits beyond that of a regular mirror shield whilst providing 5x rate players with a unique cosmetic to show off their dedication.

The stats could be lowered to be identical to the mirror shield, as it stands on OSRS the shield has the stats of an adamant kiteshield which are slightly higher.

Just an idea that I had whilst doing a birdhouse run and thought that I would share, let me know what you think.

I like this. I'd like to see if the rumours about the devs looking into perks/some cosmetic item for 5x/10x players are true though before I support this. They might have something even better planned 👀

I truly don't think the V's shield looks that good in-game. I feel like a reward should be given to those with x5 who max their account, not just make the account. If you take the time to max the account, wouldn't you want something a little cooler than a V shield? 

I honestly do not believe the devs have any current plans or ideas to release content for x10/x5 players. We like to make updates and ideas that benefit everyone in some way rather than just one specific game mode or exp rate. As is, I like the way things are ran with the exp rates. Grinding on a x5 is purely for the grind and bragging rights.

The shield is really cool, and I love the idea, but looking at the bigger picture I don't see it being implemented anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Baka said:

I honestly do not believe the devs have any current plans or ideas to release content for x10/x5 players. We like to make updates and ideas that benefit everyone in some way rather than just one specific game mode or exp rate. As is, I like the way things are ran with the exp rates. Grinding on a x5 is purely for the grind and bragging rights.

The shield is really cool, and I love the idea, but looking at the bigger picture I don't see it being implemented anytime soon.

Really? I'm pretty sure they promised they were working or were planning to make something back when the server released 😞 .

1 minute ago, SilverNova said:

Really? I'm pretty sure they promised they were working or were planning to make something back when the server released 😞 .

All I can say

Soon™

I'm sure they might have some ideas planned but I haven't heard any myself.

1 hour ago, Baka said:

"Bragging Rights" "Updates that benefit everyone... rather than one specific game mode." 

1. This would be the definition of having an item for "bragging rights" which would be its sole purpose, as I assume the OP is asking for it as a cosmetic.

2. Ironman, Hardcore Ironman and Ultimate Ironman have armor that represents their game modes. Other than at the beginning of the game, those armors become relatively cosmetic and act as a "bragging right". Therefore it makes sense that other game modes in our game have something to represent themselves cosmetically. 

• Twisted Leagues is x5 up to x20 xp right now in OSRS and they are rewarding players cosmetic items for achieving certain goals. This just shows that if Jagex was dealing with other game modes like Zenyte has to offer, they would more than likely award these players with something to show off for their achievement! 

5 minutes ago, Octavious said:

"Bragging Rights" "Updates that benefit everyone... rather than one specific game mode." 

1. This would be the definition of having an item for "bragging rights" which would be its sole purpose, as I assume the OP is asking for it as a cosmetic.

2. Ironman, Hardcore Ironman and Ultimate Ironman have armor that represents their game modes. Other than at the beginning of the game, those armors become relatively cosmetic and act as a "bragging right". Therefore it makes sense that other game modes in our game have something to represent themselves cosmetically. 

• Twisted Leagues is x5 up to x20 xp right now in OSRS and they are rewarding players cosmetic items for achieving certain goals. This just shows that if Jagex was dealing with other game modes like Zenyte has to offer, they would more than likely award these players with something to show off for their achievement! 

I'm sure it's not entirely out of the question to implement rewards like that for x5 and x10 players. Something that doesn't give them an edge over other players so to speak. I like the introduction of cosmetic items for rewards as we have Fashionscape competitions at times. It'd also create an incentive in players to earn those items and create new goals for themselves while they play and explore Zenyte.

Well instead of an item you can make it an icon next to your name and if you just have to show people that youre an ironman you have the armour for it.

That one can be for x5 and have another with an X on it for x10 maybe.

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Well instead of an item you can make it an icon next to your name and if you just have to show people that youre an ironman you have the armour for it.

That one can be for x5 and have another with an X on it for x10 maybe.

Icons next to people's names ingame? Between ironman/not ironman and donator symbols, you don't need to add another thing next to people's names ingame. As far as the forums, I know that is being discussed on a different post here: 

It would replace the Ironman symbol on any mode.

I like the idea.

Anything that identifies you are x5 or x10 has my vote.

Benefit or not, would be nice to receive some recognition other than achieving a 99 which some players can be highly ignorant too.

I respect all players within reason, even more so among x5 and would like to see something implemented to symbolise these dedicated and self challenging players.

21 minutes ago, Jose said:

It would replace the Ironman symbol on any mode.

I guarantee the majority of people would rather have their Ironman symbol than their XP Multiplier by their name. 

Just now, Octavious said:

I guarantee the majority of people would rather have their Ironman symbol than their XP Multiplier by their name. 

I second this.

That and the Ironman symbol is an icon of osrs and we try to be as close to osrs as possible with our own twists.