Hold My Brew

How about a staff team that doesn't put everyone on edge?

Ever since I started here at zenyte I have witnessed numerous incidents where a staff member has completely gone off the wall muting people for "flame" that for one had no profanity and two was his first time ever expressing his anger over yell. It might sound weird for me to say it that way but that's exactly what it was he didn't swear or tell someone to kill themselves either he simply started up some banter which even real osrs allows these days. If you check any other top 5 server you will notice that they have community friendly environments where people can express themselves in reasonable way. some even allow full on flame telling you there is a ignore list for a reason. Don't try and tell me this isn't a problem I've spoken to many players who believe they where targeted either because of something their clan members did or simply because the staff member is mad or doesn't like you. I have had incidents with an admin I will not name who I tried to report someone actually breaking the rules too and he said he was to busy and cba telling me to make a post on forums. I told him that's absurd and he should do his job and make sure the "rules" are enforced. over those next few days he pmed me numerous times flame bating me wanting a reason to mute me. This is a scenario many players have had and it's not okay, with this problem and the lack of key osrs content the only thing keeping zenyte from drowning is mobile and once a competitor figures out however you were able to do it I'm afraid you will not be able to catch up with the ego's of your staff and lack of content holding you down. Clans are made to have competition and with competition comes banter. I am not saying let everyone call each other the n word and various other flame. I am saying allow them to be able to express themselves over ::yell which is a function these players PAID REAL MONEY to be able to use. How you can make something like that so strict is unknown to me. Zenyte at it's core is great. Everything that is coded is coded to be exactly like osrs and I'm excited to see what the content you plan to add will look and play like but I'm afraid me and alot of other players are going to be less encouraged to stick around given the problems I brought forward in this post. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

I get what your trying to say for sure... At same time your mentioning "someone else", id hate to be the guy to say this, but a lot of issues like this get resolved by themselves if everyone just minds their own business.. not taking sides at all, just seems like your worried about someone else bit too much.. Anyways I get your concern brother, hopefully you get some feedback in which will help you understand better that staff's side of it. 

Simply put, no one wants to hear complaints or people crying/ranting in yell. 

I´d start off my reply by saying that its purely my point of view in things like that and it does only reflect mine opinion on current situation about this specific topic.

Every single person does have their better days and their worse days, but yell is not the place to express your anger about other players/clans. Also to clarify that out staff isnt there to target anyone based on previous experience with any specific player, however the problems mostly occur with the exact same players trying to flamebait or taking the conversation to that point in the yell where whole server is on back of their feets and it should be taken somewhere else. And it happens repeatedly, every single day. We do not mute anyone off the bat, usually they keep arguing with the staff member over what is allowed and what is not.

Feel free to direct message me the names of these staff members, and proof of what they’ve done, and actions will be taken. Zenyte staff are here to create a friendly atmosphere, for everyone to enjoy. We do not tolerate bullying, flame, racism, threats, or excessive “banter”. We enforce rules, to ensure everyone is treated the same. Like I said, I’d there are any complaints on any staff member of Zenyte, please send them to my DM’s.  

Generally, the ::yell function on Zenyte is meant as a way for players to communicate globally within a certain set of rules. It's used for hosting gambling, events, and buying/selling. If clan members or clans in general have a disdain for each other, then they should take those disputes to private messaging or in a cc. Flaming/bantering over yell is a lot more different than doing it in a public chat due to the fact that EVERYONE sees it, and it can disturb a lot of player's gameplay if it floods the chatbox or distracts someone during their activities.

We, as staff members, try our best to reach out to members when they're having a problem and talk to them on a more personal level. We involve ourselves with the community every day to try and figure out what everyone's thoughts and opinions are. Like Life has stated, if you feel like a staff member is abusing or misusing their status then you can by all means report them and the evidence will be looked at by Administrators. It's no secret we've had abusive staff members in the past, and they were dealt with as per management's and administrator's requests.

In a too long don't want to read format, we generally try our best to incorporate ourselves into the community everyday. Our current staff team is great with players and generally well liked by the community. The yell function is used as a hub by players for general information and services. Using it as a means to get your word across to the whole server as a dispute or disruption is simply not a good way of communicating. A post can be made or a report being filed is all that's really needed when handling most situations.

The incidents with the admin where in late October and I do have footage of the initial incident which I will contact life on how to send it to them.

Thanks everyone for your feedback instead of just removing my post altogether. Much appreciated.