ily

Gravestones/Item reclaim suggestion

NPC added nearby max cape seller at home that can sell a one-time use gravestone or item reclaim (that doesn't work in the wilderness) for 10M gp. Once purchased your gravestone/item reclaim could be toggled on/off by speaking with the NPC (so you don't have to waste it by dying in a safe area/zulrah/afking slayer tasks/etc.)

Why could this be beneficial to the game?:

• Some players (such as myself) don't have the most stable internet. To elaborate, my internet is good for the most part but at least a few days a week I'll experience some dc's (sometimes more than once a day and my internet doesn't always come back online right away) This has put me off bossing as much as I'd like to because If I were to dc in a place like GWD I don't want to lose max gear to an avoidable death.

Pros:

• Keeps bosses dangerous while making them available to players with less stable internet connections
  • The gp cost of purchasing the gravestone/reclaim will balance the fact that items will leave the game less often through player's deaths. (Look at OSRS for example they have had death mechanics where your items stay on the ground for longer than 2 mins and as a result item prices have tanked a bit because of none exiting the game.)

Cons:

• Will lead to more players pvming and bosses potentially becoming overpopulated in peak time-zones. This could be counteracted however by raising the price of the gravestone from the suggestion 10m or making it only available for purchase once a week. (or even have a timer for how long the NPC will provide you protection.)

Thanks for reading 🙂 leave any feedback or discussion about this suggestion here as I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Edited by ily
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ancient Mage said:

You'll always have my support Ily. 😘

If we eventually get gravestones I hope we can customize them to show off our wealth. 

I love that idea hahaha or if the gravestones were the color of your donator rank!

6 hours ago, ily said:

I love that idea hahaha or if the gravestones were the color of your donator rank!

Welcome to DS where you can buy the louis vuitton supreme ultra galaxy deluxe flaming rainbow themed torva for only 0.99$ 😂

Edited by SilverNova
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SilverNova said:

Welcome to DS where you can buy the louis vuitton supreme ultra galaxy deluxe flaming rainbow themed torva for only 0.99$ 😂

You're such a weirdo

• Like 1