Tommeh

Update log 20/11/19 -Kebos Lowlands: Alchemical Hydra, Konar Slayer, Kebos Diary and more!

kebos.png

Kebos Lowlands

The Kebos Lowlands are a region located on the continent of Zeah, just west of Great Kourend. This update features numerous things that you can do in the region.

To access this region, you can simply talk to Veos in Port Sarim and he will take you to the Kingdom of Kourend. You can also use fairy rings to get teleported near Mount Karuulm, near the Arceuus Library in Arceuus or near the entrance of the Chasm of Fire.

• Konar Quo Maten

Konar quo Maten is the new slayer master, located on top of Mount Karuulm. The tasks that she assigns are bit a different than the ordinary slayer master. You will be assigned to kill a certain monster at a specific place only. Meaning that you can't finish your assignment elsewhere.

Konar quo Maten.png                                                      e220a8e3d0.png

• Brimstone Chest

There is a chance that monsters that you kill during an assignment by Konar quo Maten can drop Brimstone keys. These keys can be used to unlock the Brimstone chest next to Konar quo Maten for special rewards.

Brimstone chest.pngBrimstone key detail.png

• Karuulm Slayer Dungeon

The Karuulm Slayer Dungeon has been added with all its monsters. This dungeon can be found on the top of Mount Karuulm. In there you find a bunch of new monsters such as Sulphur Lizards, Wyrms, Drakes and Hydras. The task-only areas have also been added to prevent people from fighting over monster spawns. You must wear protective boots inside the dungeon to prevent damage from the volcano heat unless you have the elite Kourend & Kebos diary completed.

576eb18af1.png

• Alchemical Hydra

The Alchemical Hydra is a boss found in the lower level of the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon in Mount Karuulm, requiring level 95 Slayer to kill. The boss comes with 4 different phase with each its unique special attack. You will only be able to kill it if you're assigned to kill Hydras by Konar quo Maten.

a8023403fa.png

• Lizardman Temple

The Lizardman Temple in Molch has been added. You can get there the quickest by using the fairy ring code CIR which teleports you south of Mount Karuulm or you can use the boats around Lake Molch to get there. In the temple, you'll find a bunch of Lizardman shamans.

5a1c882a2e.png

• Kourend & Kebos Diary

As requested, the Kourend & Kebos diary has also been added with 27 completable tasks. The reward from this diary is the Rada's blessing which offers some useful teleports to the Kourend Woodland and Mount Karuulm. Completing the elite diary will also give you permanent heat protection in the Karuulm Slayer Dungeon. 

With all diaries implemented, we can finally introduce the Achievement diary cape which can be purchased from Mac for 99,000 coins.

87a7702b0a.png                                           Rada's blessing 4 detail.png                                                   Achievement diary cape detail.png

• Halloween

As most of you have seen and realized by now, we ended up skipping our Halloween event. The reason for this is simple - even though we started the work on it 5 weeks before the actual event, with Chambers of Xeric being in the middle of it, I just ran out of time to pull the update through. A week after the actual Halloween, I decided it would be better to just skip the event itself, as the holiday feel is long gone.

So, as a compensation, I have decided to add the Grim Reaper at home whom you can talk to, to redeem the rewards that were meant to come with the event. I feel it is better we still reward the players with some fashionscape, than to leave everyone completely empty-handed. You will be able to claim the rewards until the end of this month.

In addition to the rewards you may claim from the Grim Reaper, I have also decided to introduce a few limited-edition items on our store. Until the end of this month, players will be able to purchase the Jack o' lantern mask, the Grim reaper hood and the Hunting knife. These items are tradeable and will be discontinued after the end of the month!

Grim Reaper.png

• Bugfixes

• Zulrah no longer attacks the player after they die, often causing the victim to get venomed after arriving at respawn location.
  • Grand Exchange Offer Viewer interface offer highlighting now spans across the entire interface.
  • Grand Exchange offers now have a time limitation on them - As of this update, any offer that hasn't been updated within seven days will be removed off of the Grand Exchange and will no longer be found through the offer viewer. Players can re-set the offer to start the timer back at seven days. The timer also resets whenever the offer progresses, partial or full. The timer can be found within the examine box on the offers themselves. The reason for the timer is the offers on the Grand Exchange which have been there since the summer, which no one would be willing to accept unless they made a mistake. The Grand Exchange is currently filled with offers for 1gp, hopefully this will resolve the issues with that.
  • When clicking a purchase offer on the offer viewer, if the player has less of the item required by the offer with them, an offer with the quantity set to whatever the player holds will be set up. Previously, game would notify that you do not have enough of the item to complete the offer.
  • Offers in the offer viewer can now easily be searched simply by clicking on the item in your inventory, so if you're looking to sell an inventory full of items, you can simply click the item in inventory and it displays all the offers of your current selected transaction type. Removes the need for searching-for-offers entirely in such scenarios, which was often rather tedious.
  • Skin recolouring has been fixed. It will no longer change your gender or hairstyles.
  • Like 18

Great to see Alchemical Hydra & Konar slayer. Also some nice bug fixes in there. Thanks!

Edited by Awrite

Nice, looking forward to slaying the hydra and getting all the cool stuff from the areas, good work!

Great job guys, great update! Thanks for busting out the content!

I've really been waiting for Konar. This Uldate is Huge for the server. We have been growing so much when I first started we had 120 people constantly, and yesterday I saw 264 people online I'm proud of the community and the Staff and Developers for giving me a excellent server to log into every day. Much love 

• Like 1

Sick update. Glad to see the Halloween Event brought up and resolved. Wondered about that.

Great work everyone! Thanks to all of our devs, staff team and QA team for pushing bugs and fixes for the release! Everyone's worked hard on this update!

• Like 1

The hype!

Very excited to say the least and will put kebos lowlands in the to do list!

Thanks team.

I knew it was going to be worth waiting to max my combat stats and slayer, now I can enjoy the lovely content as it comes out 🍻

Foook yeah bruv. Good set of updates! Super excited for Konor. Now let's just hope it's not like my OSRS luck, and go almost 1k dry of Claw. 😢

Side note; Items taken down from G.E. after seven days, will they be returned to your bank, or just act as if you had abandoned the offer, and turn it red until you claim your item/cash back?