Jump to content
ily

Improving daily tasks and introduction of more cosmetics

Recommended Posts

 Currently barely anybody does the daily tasks because they often aren't worth the effort. Also I find the tasks rather simple and boring. There is a lot of missed potential with them, such as having to kill a specific monster until you get a daily task ticket from it to turn in to the daily task NPC, or something like having to create a specific item from scratch. Basically the challenges could exist not just as gather X thing but also have some that feel like mini-quests.

 

Additionally, there is a lack of cool cosmetic items available to players in game and those that exist outside of the loyalty shop/spending tons of money on mystery boxes.

 

Here are my suggestions to improve this.

 

  •  Add more daily tasks each day by having normal, hard, and elite tasks. The harder the tasks the more skills/effort required to complete the tasks. (1 pt for normal/ 2 pt hard / 3 pt elite)
    • (Also add 1 extra daily task for each donator rank)
    • Make daily tasks that involve wilderness activity or other interesting pieces of content.
  • Give players points for completing daily tasks which can be spent at the 'daily task shop'
    • Introduce new cosmetics to the game via the daily task shop such as:
      • Mime outfit
      • Army outfit
      • All colored naval sets (seeing how we only have access to purple via the loyalty shop)
      • Fun treasure trail items such as:
        • mole slippers
        • sandwich lady outfit
        • Flared trousers
        • Team capes i,x,zero
        • ornament kits
        • Cavaliers
        • Dual sai
        • Musketeer outfit
        • Dark/light tuxedo
        • Top hat
        • Monocle

 

Pros:

  • Adds more incentive to daily tasks and could serve as a way of reviving the current dead system.
  • New fashionscape potential from cosmetics would give new & fun goals to work towards.
  • Introduces cosmetics while still keeping gold value to them rather than them all being locked behind time logged in for loyalty points. For example, if someone wants a few cosmetic items they may just buy them from another player rather than waiting weeks to get them all on their own.

 

Cons:

  • May be tough to balance the revamped task system in a way where the tasks are still fun/challenging and not something players feel like they have to sacrifice tons of time in order to get cosmetics.
  • May be tough to find a good balance for how many points each item should cost from the daily task shop.
Edited by ily
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once maxed, or if you have 99 in a stat and aren't interested in extra XP, Daily Tasks are just ignored, so I like your suggestion and always welcome fashionscape opportunities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea! I myself have been neglecting daily tasks as they just don't interest me and I'm not too worried about missing the xp reward. I really like cosmetics / fashionscape, so this would really be a win win situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, as somebody who is super fresh to the server, I think the idea of fashionscape opportunities could be both good and bad. Another option could be rewarding those points, OR XP lamps. The player could decide which they'd prefer for completing the daily. This could add a plus for those lower-level players, as well as those higher-level players. But once again, it'd be hard to balance like you said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say that daily tasks are already worth doing. Those that ignore them are missing out on xp gains, and that's their fault. There shouldn't be a need to satisfy all groups of players for a specific type of content.

Edited by SilverNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilverNova they might be worth doing if you're low level but when you max they really aren't that great. I'm not saying the xp rewards are bad but they are pretty much equivalent in xp to just doing the normal methods for the skill for the same amount of time as the challenge would take. If you want players to go out of their way to do them then they need to actually feel rewarding.

 

Also the purpose of adding more incentive to doing them is because it's pretty much dead content once you reach mid/late-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ily said:

@SilverNova they might be worth doing if you're low level but when you max they really aren't that great. I'm not saying the xp rewards are bad but they are pretty much equivalent in xp to just doing the normal methods for the skill for the same amount of time as the challenge would take. If you want players to go out of their way to do them then they need to actually feel rewarding.

 

Also the purpose of adding more incentive to doing them is because it's pretty much dead content once you reach mid/late-game.

Fashionscape isn't really an "incentive". You'd just be pouring dead content over dead content. Those that play the game for Fashionscape are typically those that don't care about progression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilverNova said:

Fashionscape isn't really an "incentive". You'd just be pouring dead content over dead content. Those that play the game for Fashionscape are typically those that don't care about progression.

 Fashionscape is a harmless addition to the game and it's also gatekeeped by the fact this is an RSPS. On osrs if you wanted cool cosmetics you could just pay like 500k-1m for them or via things like randoms/minigames. It's really not that big of a deal to have them added into the game.  Although, I heard they are adding clue scrolls so If this idea were to happen it wouldn't involve clue scroll items but rather items like diff colored naval, minigame cosmetics we don't have yet. So many players agree the challenge system is dead and that they would do it if it were better.

 

 

 Also you are just commenting how my suggestions aren't good (in your opinion), yet I don't see you offering any other alternatives.

Edited by ily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ily said:

 Fashionscape is a harmless addition to the game and it's also gatekeeped by the fact this is an RSPS. On osrs if you wanted cool cosmetics you could just pay like 500k-1m for them or via things like randoms/minigames. It's really not that big of a deal to have them added into the game.  Although, I heard they are adding clue scrolls so If this idea were to happen it wouldn't involve clue scroll items but rather items like diff colored naval, minigame cosmetics we don't have yet. So many players agree the challenge system is dead and that they would do it if it were better.

 

 

 Also you are just commenting how my suggestions aren't good (in your opinion), yet I don't see you offering any other alternatives.

How exactly does that change a thing? The people that hunt different items to show-off their sense in fashion are part of a minority. Most people here don't give two bleeps about cosmetic items without value. They prefer to spend their time on gathering money, training their skills or beating the various bosses in the game. What you are proposing isn't going to change anything, and we will have to wait less than a month after this is added before someone else makes a complaint about how bad the daily tasks are.

Perhaps you are new to the game, I personally don't know as I took quite an extensive break from Zenyte, but there have been several suggestion threads on how to improve daily tasks. I'm personally not a parrot and I prefer not to have my suggestions saved on a document so that I can copy+paste them when someone asks for alternatives. That's what the damn forums are for. You can the previous suggestions linked below.

Sorry to say lad, but I'm pretty sure that your suggestion is going to be declined as there have been a multitude of similar suggestions with (in my opinion) better alternatives.

Edited by SilverNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilverNova You sound like you're having a bad day man or maybe you're always this condescending.

 

1. You seem to think that players who enjoy making money/training/bossing are more important than players who care about cosmetic items. Everyone's way of enjoying the game is equally valid.

2. Your statement about what the majority of players enjoy vs fashionscape is a False Dilemma logical fallacy based on your implications that you either enjoy fashionscape OR you enjoy moneymaking/training/bossing. I think cosmetic items are cool, and I like all 3 of the things you say majority players like.

3. I made this post because it's a suggestion. I don't really care if this is declined, it's simply a suggestion i had.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Never said that someone is more important than anyone else. I'm saying that it isn't worth spending time on adding content for a low minority when they can get access to the same content through other more useful methods

2. It isn't, but I am fairly sure that everyone would prefer doing the A/B/C examples in comparison to collecting cosmetics

3. If you wouldn't care, you wouldn't argue with someone that doesn't agree. You would take it, and move on.

Besides, I think you missed the main point which is the fact that it has been suggested a multitude of times and not gotten through.

Edited by SilverNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilverNova For clarification, I've read most of the other daily challenge suggestions which is part of what motivated me to make this post in the first place. Also, me pointing out that you didn't add any constructive alternatives to this current thread doesn't mean that I'm arguing, you are the one who is coming off super aggressive. (tons of condescension/swearing in all of your posts, whereas I've done my best to keep this civil.) .

 

I cba to keep replying to each other's points because you'll just continue to cherry pick the meaning of what you said and this post isn't intended to become an argument.

Edited by ily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ily said:

@SilverNova For clarification, I've read most of the other daily challenge suggestions which is part of what motivated me to make this post in the first place. Also, me pointing out that you didn't add any constructive alternatives to this current thread doesn't mean that I'm arguing, you are the one who is coming off super aggressive. (tons of condescension/swearing in all of your posts, whereas I've done my best to keep this civil.) .

 

I cba to keep replying to each other's points because you'll just continue to cherry pick the meaning of what you said and this post isn't intended to become an argument.

My original argument was "Fashionscape isn't really an "incentive". You'd just be pouring dead content over dead content. /.../". If you can't take feedback or if you're looking for rainbows and ponytails then you're in the wrong area. I gave you my opinion on it. What you do with that opinion, is up to you.

For the record, you initiated the argument by claiming that I have no alternative to bring to the table. I don't even have to suggest anything. I could just say that your suggestions blows, and move on with my day.

EDIT: I've actually suggested an improvement for daily tasks way back when Zenyte just launched. Maybe search for potential suggestions of the same caliber before you claim that someone doesn't offer constructive alternatives.

Edited by SilverNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ily said:

@SilverNova For clarification, I've read most of the other daily challenge suggestions which is part of what motivated me to make this post in the first place. Also, me pointing out that you didn't add any constructive alternatives to this current thread doesn't mean that I'm arguing, you are the one who is coming off super aggressive. (tons of condescension/swearing in all of your posts, whereas I've done my best to keep this civil.) .

 

 

 

 And yeah, you're right. You didn't have to suggest anything but at first I was interested in if you had any other possibilities as an alternative to this. And your last sentence " I could just say that your suggestions blows, and move on with my day." confirms to me you're always this condescending.

 

 Try to cheer up man Idk why you feel the need to be such a negative person. (please don't take this as me wanting you to reply with more remarks because I'm not interested in accompanying you in your misery.) Have a nice day 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...