Lestat

DWH Drop rate and instanced shamans

So I’m at ~4K KC at shamans with no DWH on my iron and this one piece of gear is keeping me from enjoying more endgame content like GWD and eventually raids. 

Could we not have to grind 50+ hours or even 100+ just to get one piece of gear???

could the drop rate be quartered instead of halved? A 1/1250 is still super rare and would take many hours to get but be obtainable enough that you don’t have to spend 50 hours on the same mob on a rsps... before you can do anything else.

A 1/1250 is .08% per drop. .08%!... looking at a probability calculator that means you only have a 55% chance of getting one at 1000 KC. That’s 10 hours or more of grind for just a 50/50 and that’s quartered from osrs. A 1/2500 is 32% at 1000 KC. There is a large different there but not enough to devalue the item or effect drop rates to a staggering degree.

i know this will get flack but I’m suggesting it anyways. The 1/2.5k is wayyyy rare and even though it’s half of osrs it’s still too much of a grind for a quick paced rsps. 

secondlt I have a problem with there only being 3 shamans and when you play an iron you can’t get your kill if someone else hits it (say with a cannon which happens 10+ times a day). Add instances! Or more shamans elsewhere cause it’s not enough shamans for the server. 

Edited by Lestat

I agree. Just buff the drop rate enough to make it take less time to get but not enough to where it devalues the item. 

• Like 1

No support from my side, Zenyte distinguishes itself by staying close to OSRS. It's what I personally like about it. 

Please note this is just my opinion, I totally understand some people disagree. 

• Like 3

Mate... It's a dragon warhammer... Not a rune scimitar. We can't just lower the drop rate because people find it hard to get.

However, I do like the instance idea...

• Like 1

Adding the rest of the Shaman locations would also be another alternative idea instead of having instanced Shamans at the canyon.

Edit: for the drop rate issue, I don't see a reason to support lowering it even further. It's rng at the end of the day and 2.5k isn't too bad with how easy shamans are if I'm honest.

Edited by Ruler
  • Like 1

no support i already got my dwh. Nerf the drop rate!

Edited by HC Raider

Yo I feel like everyone here has either gotten a dwh under 3k kc or has never done them b4. It’s hard to obtain and endgame gear yes. But it’s only 1 piece of the endgame puzzle and bars Ironmen and Solo peeps from a lot of content. 

Having a 1/1250 wouldn’t lower the value of it whatsoever and would help players get to the endgame just a tad bit quicker. 

A 1/1250 is .08% per drop. .08%!... looking at a probability calculator that means you only have a 55% chance of getting one at 1000 KC. That’s 10 hours or more of grind for just a 50/50 and that’s quartered from osrs. A 1/2500 is 32% at 1000 KC. There is a large different there but not enough to devalue the item or effect drop rates to a staggering degree. 

I personally am around 4.5k KC now and see no dwh in sight. It’s super frustrating and I’m far overdue for one. I’ve put in more time into this grind than most of my 99s put together, which is pretty ridiculous for 1 piece of gear that’s not from raids, Corp, or GWD. 

Edited by Lestat

1 hour ago, Lestat said:

Yo I feel like everyone here has either gotten a dwh under 3k kc or has never done them b4. It’s hard to obtain and endgame gear yes. But it’s only 1 piece of the endgame puzzle and bars Ironmen and Solo peeps from a lot of content. 

Having a 1/1250 wouldn’t lower the value of it whatsoever and would help players get to the endgame just a tad bit quicker. 

A 1/1250 is .08% per drop. .08%!... looking at a probability calculator that means you only have a 55% chance of getting one at 1000 KC. That’s 10 hours or more of grind for just a 50/50 and that’s quartered from osrs. A 1/2500 is 32% at 1000 KC. There is a large different there but not enough to devalue the item or effect drop rates to a staggering degree. 

I personally am around 4.5k KC now and see no dwh in sight. It’s super frustrating and I’m far overdue for one. I’ve put in more time into this grind than most of my 99s put together, which is pretty ridiculous for 1 piece of gear that’s not from raids, Corp, or GWD. 

it would definitely effect the price of the dragon warhammer. i just can't see them changing a drop rate like this 4 months into the game

9 minutes ago, HC Raider said:

it would definitely effect the price of the dragon warhammer. i just can't see them changing a drop rate like this 4 months into the game

Yeah me either tbh I agree with you bro. I’m just throwing out the idea of change, not expecting **** . Though tbh it really wouldn’t effect the price as it’s not an item that gets sold a lot, and people tend to only do shamans on task or when they need to farm their own dwh. In my week straight of farming I’ve seen only two other people there grinding, and even then only briefly.

A lot like godswords the price wouldn’t change that much from 1250 to 2500 to even 5000 as they just wouldn’t be sold that much. 

2 minutes ago, Lestat said:

Yeah me either tbh I agree with you bro. I’m just throwing out the idea of change, not expecting **** . Though tbh it really wouldn’t effect the price as it’s not an item that gets sold a lot, and people tend to only do shamans on task or when they need to farm their own dwh. In my week straight of farming I’ve seen only two other people there grinding, and even then only briefly.

A lot like godswords the price wouldn’t change that much from 1250 to 2500 to even 5000 as they just wouldn’t be sold that much. 

i agree with coding the multi area but instances might be too difficult. I've seen a few people farming shamans on alts

2 hours ago, Lestat said:

It's basically the same as saying decrease the droprate for raids, corp or GWD items. Doesn't matter if there's more items, you have to put effort into them regardless, so that's why it won't change

dwh is one off the best endgame content for any style of account.it already has a 25% buff on drop rate so it is not needed. some get lucky and get them sooner then expected some don't all rng

• Dislike 1

New area with multiple rooms of shamans was added along with the recent Kebos update, that should solve the issue of you suggesting instances. 

For the drop rate, it is already 50% lower than osrs. Won't be made any lower than that.