Sign in to follow this  
Panda

Monthly Newsletter | April 2019

9fv2gk.jpg

April 2019

Hello Zenyte! Welcome to the 3rd (and best) edition of the monthly newsletter. I made this newsletter to keep the community up to date with important information like major content updates, active events, staff updates, and interviews with community members. If you have any recommendations for future content updates to the newsletters, please send me a PM as I'd love to get some more community driven content! As always, I hope you enjoy this months issue!

Disclaimer: Make sure you are sitting down for the following news.

Server News

WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill! The long awaited day has finally arrived! Zenyte is releasing on Friday June 7, 2019For those who have been with Zenyte for some time now, this has been a long time coming and we appreciate all of your patience on this journey. Trust us, you will not be disappointed!

What does this mean to me?

• Unfortunately, we will no longer be accepting new beta members.
  • Our dev team will be working closely with the current beta members in order to polish off the details and get the server ready for launch.
  • Current beta members will find that the admin commands have been removed and you can no longer spawn items and set levels. Go out and test some content!
  • The most active members of the beta who provide clear, informative bug reports will be rewarded upon launch with some exclusive goodies. 😁

Get excited guys and gals. Its finally happening!!!

Notable Server Updates

Here are the notable server updates this month. Lots of time was spent fixing miscellaneous bugs and important accessibility content that would be too long to share on the newsletter, but the developers have made up for that with the release of some spectacular new interfaces shown below. :) 

• A drop rate interface was created to handle NPC drop information and it is honestly one of the nicest interfaces I have seen. Hats off to Tommeh and Kris for this.
    • 62a31204fc.gif
  • Donator ranks, along with a Runelite plugin to activate/deactivate them, have been added. Currently, there are 4 ranks obtainable (Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond) but we have plans to release the others in a future update.
    • 620c95d87b.png
    • 9fa253e98f.gif
  • Minnow fishing was added to Zenyte! This is a great option to obtain sharks while maximizing fishing XP.
    • 4e3606cf28.gif
  • The Game Noticeboard was improved to reflect more of an OSRS style. The drop viewer can also be opened here.
    • 71e8633214.gif
  • Crystal Keys and their rewards chest were implemented and made with more desirable rewards. A sample drop table can be found below:
    • d2815a3905.png
  • If you haven't noticed, the forums got a large face lift thanks to Noele. Looking great!
    • 7406be06b3.png

Note: these updates are all subject to change and do not represent the final versions of what will be seen upon release.

Staff Updates

We have 2 promotions for the month of April:

Congratulations to all of you! We look forward to seeing your contributions to Zenyte and its community.

Active Events

There are currently no active events as we are still in the beta phase of development. However, make sure to regularly check into the discord to see how you can contribute to the beta and be rewarded upon release!

This section will be populated upon release of the server.

Interview with a Staff Member

This month I will be interviewing @Chris! Many of you don't know Chris, but he is the financial sponsor of Zenyte and is a really cool guy. As we get closer to release, Chris will have more of a role in the staff team so what better time to introduce him than now. However, enough background information, lets get right into it!

1. What is your role on Zenyte?

At this point in time I’m primarily serving as Zenyte’s financial sponsor. Following launch I will be taking on a greater role in management, primarily serving as an administrator on the server and the forums.

2. How did you get involved in RSPS?

I became involved in RSPS around 10 years ago, I was 12 years old and trying to find a way to get all the excitement of membership, without paying anything! After a failed search for free memberships, I stumbled across a server called Omegascape, it was a pretty basic server but the fact that I could wear a dragon chain body meant everything to 12 year old me! Ever since I have really enjoyed spending time on servers and meeting incredible people!

3. What are you most looking forward to after Zenyte releases?

I’m really, really looking forward to meeting the broader Zenyte community. While I of course enjoy talking to our active members in the discord, I’m also excited to meet the new players who have been waiting to come and join the server post launch! Beyond that, I’m also excited to see players response to our combat system. Kris worked very hard to make sure that it was flawless and I believe that it’s the best in the business right now!

4. What hobbies do you have outside of Runescape?

Outside of RuneScape I am an avid golfer and poker player. I also watch a lot of college sports and love to hang out with my friends (duh!)

5. What is your go-to alcoholic beverage and why?

I love a strong whiskey ginger (Jameson preferred)! A whiskey ginger brings the perfect combo of night rocking and stomach calming

That brings us to the end of the newsletter this month. Please let me know if you have any recommendations on things you would like to see added to these post in future months. I hope you enjoyed this bit of information and I look forward to seeing everyone in the beta. I also want to thank you all in advance for your contributions! Get excited, Zenyte is almost here!!

• Like 6

Panda, you are a word wizard. You make news posts look so clean. I think I'm in love with you. You are very good at writing these up. Congrats on your promotion to forum moderator. Again, I'm in love with you. You are just so damn likable, you know? That word looks like lickable, which is also true. Good shit, Panda!

Love,

Zachery

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zachery said:

Panda, you are a word wizard. You make news posts look so clean. I think I'm in love with you. You are very good at writing these up. Congrats on your promotion to forum moderator. Again, I'm in love with you. You are just so damn likable, you know? That word looks like lickable, which is also true. Good shit, Panda!

Love,

Zachery

You are one of a kind Zach. I appreciate the kind words ❤️ 

Love,

Panda

• Like 1

Love these threads, nice and detailed, thank you for the newsletter :)

I really love the layout of the Monthly Newsletter. However, it really ruins the format when you insert images of different sizes or put them in a spoiler? Either way, thanks for the thread! :) 

Pretty incredible to think the updates noted in the newsletters don't even come close to all the work that's constantly put in the game and added ! We really are coming closer and closer to something

• Like 1