Lestat

Why I’m quitting the forums

Hello all! 

Maybe you know me probably you don’t. I’ve been around for over a month, active every day on the forums since I started playing zenyte. 

To me the forums have been an awesome place to post suggestions, read other’s posts and get an idea of just “who” Zenyte really is.

However, the forums just aren’t what I hoped they would be. There is very little interaction and players just don’t post that much. Content is dead, the guides are stale, and the only thing the admins do is censor and post update notes and newsletters.

There is no innovation, creativity, or effort on part of the staff to keep the forums alive, to spark some fun or make the environment less stale. They also don’t seem to care 

I feel like I’ve been posting and writing for no reason, as if the forums were a place for me to dump my thoughts and ideas and receive little to no response. It’s an empty game compared to Zenyte which is moving and vibrant. 

As of now I see no reason to continue trying to do anything on the forums, it’s dead content that’s only going to get deader.

• Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Lestat said:

There is no innovation, creativity, or effort on part of the staff to keep the forums alive, to spark some fun or make the environment less stale

That comes from players as well

What do you suggest we do to keep the forums well? Personally, I wake up with 5-10+ notification and messages. We are always taking suggestions into consideration, but we don't want to 'overdo' it.

In a way I agree it's somewhat dead, however quitting the forums (?) only further exceeds that, no?

The usage of forums has died over the years and they're dwindling pretty badly. I get notifications and insert myself into forum conversations all the time. You iust have to get out there and help make the forum's active. It's not all on the staff's back to keep things running because that also falls on the community's back too. Personally, i can see the forums blowing up more if it were more user interactive, but it just really needs activity for now. There can be forum events that give medals and awards and what not too.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:27 PM, Baka said:

The usage of forums has died over the years and they're dwindling pretty badly. I get notifications and insert myself into forum conversations all the time. You iust have to get out there and help make the forum's active. It's not all on the staff's back to keep things running because that also falls on the community's back too. Personally, i can see the forums blowing up more if it were more user interactive, but it just really needs activity for now. There can be forum events that give medals and awards and what not too.

Agreed. Forums have been dying over the years. Consider it as an archive for everyone's in game needs. As far as the forums go, there's only so much we can do to keep the forums as fresh and clean as possible without over doing it entirely.

All of the news posts and informational threads are to keep all of you in the loop of what's going on with zenyte. In the news letter sense, a month at a time.

@Lestat

If you know of anything that you believe is missing or could be done to raise awareness of the forums and its importance to zenyte. Let me know, and I'm sure we can work something out.