Baka

What's everyone's music tastes?

I noticed we have a bit of a diverse community, and since music is a universal language shared between a lot of different people I'm curious to know what everyone likes listening to. I, personally, listen to a lot of acoustic guitar music (fingerstyle, acoustic covers of popular songs), and lots of old rock and roll (Dire Straits, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan). Other than that I listen to a lot of different varieties to expand my music knowledge. It's interesting to see how diverse the music world can be.

I have a huge variety taste for music, I enjoy listening to every genre except for scream. It all depends on my mood. Old school hip hop is my favourite genre, though. 

Edited by BatmanBeyond

14 minutes ago, BatmanBeyond said:

I have a huge variety taste for music, I enjoy listening to every genre except for scream. It all depends on my mood. Old school hip hop is my favourite genre, though. 

That's dope, man! I like old school hip hop too. It brings me back to my childhood a bit. Stuff like Run-D.M.C, LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, and DMX. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maleficium said:

I mainly listen to metal (the majority being deathcore), as well as rap, and a bit of pop.

Nice! I listen to more pop than I do rap, but I never really got into metal much growing up. Only stuff like Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath and stuff along those lines. I like listening to bbno$ and shinigami.

I listen to random genres. Usually I go through phases. One month/week I'm only listening to rock another one I'm listening to rap, indie or some other genre. My favorite genre is 'Visual kei', it's more of a movement, but some call it a music genre.

Just about anything. Even country, I grew up on it though so my tastes are lean towards older songs not the current pop-country iteration. I'll go through "phases" where I'll listen to a specific genre for anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. It all depends what I'm in the mood for.

My top genres currently would have to be EDM, Metal and Hip-Hop. Being very broad here as there are a many sub-genres I enjoy in these. Currently I'm in a City Pop phase, something about 70's and 80's Japan just gets me man, it's got a lot of groove to it.

Dubstep, riddim, space bass, psytrance

Mostly heavy metal, bands like Thy Art is Murder, Architects, Parkway Drive, Suicide Silence, Volumes. 

I love anything heavy though. 🙂

2 hours ago, Bloodmgx said:

Mostly heavy metal, bands like Thy Art is Murder, Architects, Parkway Drive, Suicide Silence, Volumes. 

I love anything heavy though. 🙂

Solid list right there! Good taste my dude 🙂