Sign in to follow this  
Noele

Update log 31/08/19 - Blast Furnace

0172294262.png

Blast Furnace

The Blast Furnace is a minigame situated in Keldagrim for smelting bars which require coal. The furnace here only requires half as much coal when smelting, so it's beneficial for higher-tier bars like mithril, adamantite, and runite, which are a pain to smelt on most private servers. We've matched OSRS features on the minigame, aside from the non-dwarf functionality (pedals, pump, and coke stove temperature control). The ore and bar storage is up to par with how it works on OSRS; tin and coal both have 254 as their maximum amount of ores as they are "secondary" ores. You can use tricks like the water bucket and ice gloves to cool down the bar dispenser faster. We even added support for delayed xp drops, as on OSRS, the bar dispenser does not start making bars again until you end the previous dialogue; we've matched this behavior and it allows you to use OSRS tricks like ice gloves -> goldsmith gauntlets to finish your cooling quickly and get bonus gold smelting xp.

A few customization's we've made to the minigame are:

• On OSRS Blast Furnace worlds, the dwarves run the furnace instead of players, and you pay via the coffer, this is by far the most preferred method for the majority of players, and since both cannot be supported on the same world, we opted to support the dwarf-run system.
  • We've modified Ice gloves and made them degradable, you can buy them from the vote shop for 15 points each, and they will last for 150 "early cools" from Blast Furnace.

Custom functionality, and September vote incentive

• We've also added a new custom item with slightly modified color, called Enhanced Ice Gloves, which are non-degradable, as well as tradeable. These will be on the vote store for 60 points for a limited time (the month of September); afterwards there will be a way that is considerably harder/grindier than 60 vote points to acquire the enhanced ice gloves. This is to both boost player economy with a relevant skilling item and offer players something meaningful and potentially worthwhile to vote for during September. Don't worry - we will still be adding other items to our monthly vote store rotation with the other upcoming updates.

7KIkwmj.gif

Some important details/how to use about blast furnace include:

• Ice gloves or Bucket of water (optional), used at the bar dispenser to cool the heated bars as they come out. If you do not have either, you must wait for the bars to cool before taking them out.
  • Coins to be able to use the blast furnace
  • And obviously the designated ore to put into the furnace

Bug Fixes/Additions

• Fixed Paladin coin pouch amount
  • Fixed Malediction Ward upgrading/reverting (can now upgrade and revert properly)
  • Fixed misc spelling mistakes
  • Ring of Wealth's can now be imbued with a "Ring of Wealth" scroll from the Bounty Hunter store and 50k GP
  • Disabled Abyssal Sire Boss task
  • Moderators can now view who's on Mobile
  • Kalphite Queen killcount is now tracked and announced after kills
  • Attacking Kraken without tentacles now cancels combat and gives miniscule experience drops

Development Notes

Going forward, we are striving to communicate more efficiently as a team to you guys, the players. It's hard to convey the reasons for delays as well as delays in general and the team has been working on a variety of projects the last month. The good news is, that all of these updates are coming to an end, and we can look forward to Blast Furnace, Wintertodt, Grotesque Gargoyles, and Chambers of Xeric in the coming weeks. We will do our best to remain transparent in letting you know what our development schedule looks like, as well as more accurate timeframes for when updates can be expected. Feel free to get involved by applying to become a QA tester here

Shoutout to @Ghostand @Chopfor their assitance during the QA phase.

• Like 12

Yes blast furnace about time, one of the very few left from maxing. Thank you!

• Like 2

Looking forward to smelting all my banked ores & only needing half the coal. Great work Noele & all of our QA testers who helped with the testing phase! 

• Like 1

now blast furnace comes when i get 200m smithing :reee:

good work tho 😄

We got this pushed out quick! Thank you to all the amazing beta testers for getting it done quickly and see y'all ingame making that XP!

I just want to say that Noele did a phenomenal job with this project. She put countless amounts of hours into this to make it the best it could be, maybe even flawless, and it shows. Great work, Noele. And thanks Corey for the bug fixes 😄

I can confirm I will be modifying this and adding a secondary pump to allow users to get strength xp. I wasn't sure if users would care about this, but a user requested it so I will add it for them. Cheers @Sweet Tea

2 minutes ago, Noele said:

I can confirm I will be modifying this and adding a secondary pump to allow users to get strength xp. I wasn't sure if users would care about this, but a user requested it so I will add it for them. Cheers @Sweet Tea

will the secondary pump have any negative effect on the current state or just a benifit for obby pures? 

Thank you Noele! This is definitely one that many have been waiting for. Great job as always team!

5 minutes ago, splasher said:

will the secondary pump have any negative effect on the current state or just a benifit for obby pures? 

This will strictly be an additional pump to gain a small amount of strength experience an hour while avoiding HP experience. 

• Like 1

Truly amazing work! Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Noele said:

I needed this to train my 10hp account. Thank you very much!! 

3 hours ago, splasher said:

Just benefit 10 hp accounts mainly.

Can't wait to use my Raids gear at Blast Furnace!

Great work Noele! Super excited to grind out the rest of smithing now without having to do Superheat the whole way! ❤️