Korex

What are your hobbies outside of Zenyte

Hello all! 

Thought it would be a fun idea for us all to come together and discuss our hobbies outside of Zenyte/Work. 

I'll start it off. My main hobby is fell running (Running up and down mountains in the lake district), well, I walk most the way up not going to lie XD, but running down is awesome! I also train in Mixed Martial Arts occasionally and I wish to move to Thailand one day and train Muay Thai full time. I also enjoy watching UFC every weekend, for those who are interested, my favourite fighters are Nate Diaz, Tony ferguson, Israel Adesanya and Conor McGregor to name a few.. 

Let's see what your hobbies are below 🙂

• Like 1

I have a large knife collection, some for show but most are for purpose. I like to sharpen them when I get bored, I also have a few pea shooters that I like to fire once in a while. I enjoy playing football, fishing, hiking, and weight lifting!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Life said:

but most are for purpose

Ringed few bells if I should be worried😄

Outside of Zenyte I'm probably partying which is kind of hobby from my point of view to it but besides that I could say Java/website developing especially RSPS, but not limited to. For my own fun and not to host any of them  just I feel happy to turn a crappy source into something

Edited by Rolex

1 minute ago, Rolex said:

Ringed few bells if I should be worried😄

Outside of Zenyte I'm probably partying which is kind of hobby from my point of view to it but besides that I could say Java/website developing especially, but not limited to RSPS for my own fun and not to host any of them  just I feel happy to turn a crappy source into something

BRUH, purpose like my multi-tools I use for work, and like hunting knives, or work knives.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Life said:

BRUH, purpose like my multi-tools I use for work, and like hunting knives, or work knives.

Haha, not everyone around is serial killer right😅

Edited by Rolex

Knife collection life 😮 I have some wicked ass knives myself, under lock and key down at the garage. Little flicks ranging up to machetes and ghurkas. all decorative purposes not for use 😜 Haven't been down there in a year or so.

Recently taking up web development at uni - so mainly adopting that as a hobby, reading fair amount of books (which I never used to do.)

Quite the horticulturist, do love growing my own fruit and vegetables, you cannot beat home-grown veg with a roast dinner.

Used to do a bit of fishing as well, but old my fishing gear about 6 months ago 😞 

10 minutes ago, Psyche said:

Knife collection life 😮 I have some wicked ass knives myself, under lock and key down at the garage. Little flicks ranging up to machetes and ghurkas. all decorative purposes not for use 😜 Haven't been down there in a year or so.

Recently taking up web development at uni - so mainly adopting that as a hobby, reading fair amount of books (which I never used to do.)

Quite the horticulturist, do love growing my own fruit and vegetables, you cannot beat home-grown veg with a roast dinner.

Used to do a bit of fishing as well, but old my fishing gear about 6 months ago 😞 

Fishing is love

15669125521384349951217831170025.jpg

• Like 1

I like smoking weed, shooting guns, and hacking computers. (legally) 😄 

Outside of Zenyte? Welp, between my two jobs that I average 70-80 hours/week, video games/movies/TV shows are my recreational time. Now that school is starting as well, back to my school schedule of taking 4 classes.. Spending time with my girlfriend is usually the most important priority on my list outside of work/school also. Healthy relationships and all that 😛

Guess I didn't really list any hobbies though..

Outside of Zenyte, I am working 16 hours a week, 20 hours at school and more or less between 16-25 hours a week in a gym.

Outside of Zenyte I do a plethora of things. 

Concerts, Festivals, Raves. I like to snowboard and ice skate in the winter. In the summer months I like to skimboard, longboard, wake surf, and hike. Try to keep a generally healthy life style year round.

I love nightlife as well, I tend to go out quite a bit and have fun, as I’m only 22. Do it while you can I guess? 

• Like 2

I like to practice cooking new recipes or even polish on ones I've already learned. Sometimes I even add my own twist to them. So in a way, I'm being creative and innovative while I practice cooking~ 

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, Life said:

I have a large knife collection, some for show but most are for purpose. I like to sharpen them when I get bored, I also have a few pea shooters that I like to fire once in a while. I enjoy playing football, fishing, hiking, and weight lifting!

Oh Wow! Remind me never to get on your bad side. "Some for show but most are for purpose. I like to sharpen them when I get bored." They could literally make a new Rambo film based on you 🤣 You the man, Life! 

On 8/27/2019 at 2:04 PM, Rolex said:

Outside of Zenyte I'm probably partying which is kind of hobby from my point of view to it but besides that I could say Java/website developing especially RSPS, but not limited to. For my own fun and not to host any of them  just I feel happy to turn a crappy source into something

That sounds great man, must be a nice sense of accomplishment when you finish a project. I delved into RSPS developing briefly for a while, I must say, It's very challenging!

On 8/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, Psyche said:

I have to agree, there isn't anything better than fresh home-grown veg with a sunday roast. Now I'm hungry, thanks Psyche 🤣

I caught my first fish (Carp) using bread floating on the water when I was younger, but I never really got another catch after that so I gave up lol. 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:50 AM, sudo said:

I like smoking weed, shooting guns, and hacking computers. (legally) 😄 

Legally hacking computers? I never knew that was a thing 🤔

On 8/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, Maleficium said:

I spend too much money on CDs for my CD collection. 

Hell yeah! What's your favourite band/singer?

On 8/29/2019 at 9:34 AM, TooLit4This said:

Love to smoke dabs, adventure on hiking trails, and taking random nature photos with my iPhone. 

Sounds awesome man! I love the outdoors, hiking is the best way to refresh the mind in my opinion 🙂

On 8/29/2019 at 12:57 PM, One said:

Outside of Zenyte? Welp, between my two jobs that I average 70-80 hours/week, video games/movies/TV shows are my recreational time. Now that school is starting as well, back to my school schedule of taking 4 classes.. Spending time with my girlfriend is usually the most important priority on my list outside of work/school also. Healthy relationships and all that 😛

Guess I didn't really list any hobbies though..

Fair play to you man, must be tough to balance a 70-80 hour work week with recreational time AND girlfriend time...

I hope you get some holiday time soon to relax 🙂

On 8/30/2019 at 1:16 AM, Hexae said:

Outside of Zenyte, I am working 16 hours a week, 20 hours at school and more or less between 16-25 hours a week in a gym.

No Pain No Gain my man! Fair play to you sir!

On 8/30/2019 at 8:46 PM, Tigger said:

Outside of Zenyte I do a plethora of things. 

Concerts, Festivals, Raves. I like to snowboard and ice skate in the winter. In the summer months I like to skimboard, longboard, wake surf, and hike. Try to keep a generally healthy life style year round.

I love nightlife as well, I tend to go out quite a bit and have fun, as I’m only 22. Do it while you can I guess? 

Hell yeah Tigg! It sounds like you are living life to the full. I'm 23 myself and I do agree, Do it while you can 👍

14 hours ago, Song said:

I like to practice cooking new recipes or even polish on ones I've already learned. Sometimes I even add my own twist to them. So in a way, I'm being creative and innovative while I practice cooking~ 

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Sounds great Song, I love cooking for myself/others whenever I can. It's nice you can add your own twist to make them extra special 🙂

1 hour ago, Korex said:

Hell yeah! What's your favourite band/singer?

My all time favourite band is Whitechapel! Honestly obsessed with them. 😂

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, Korex said:

Legally hacking computers? I never knew that was a thing 🤔

Oh absolutely. There are even prestigious certifications for it such as the OSCP, whose holders make an average of $150,000+ per year. There are many public platforms such as HackerOne, BugCrowd, and HackenProof that offer rewards for hackers to discover vulnerabilities on selected platforms, services, or websites. Furthermore, there are even entire hacking conventions such as DEFCON that make hacking computers into a week-long festival!

10 minutes ago, sudo said:

Oh absolutely. There are even prestigious certifications for it such as the OSCP, whose holders make an average of $150,000+ per year. There are many public platforms such as HackerOne, BugCrowd, and HackenProof that offer rewards for hackers to discover vulnerabilities on selected platforms, services, or websites. Furthermore, there are even entire hacking conventions such as DEFCON that make hacking computers into a week-long festival!

Well... I never knew that.. Fair play. 

When I'm not at work I'm usually playing CS:GO, trying new foods, or spending time with my wife and dog.

When I'm not playing Zenyte I'm working at Arbys as a main job right now until I'm able to get a better footing and apply for a better job elsewhere. In my downtime I'm heavily invested in playing my guitar and listening to acoustic and fingerstyle music of any kind since that's what I practice. If anyone has any song recommendations I'm down to learn anything on guitar. I sometimes play in the Music channel on Discord. I'm really proficient at solving a Rubiks Cube. My highscore time is 32 seconds. I have a few competition cubes and recently purchased a MoYu Weilong GTS3 M and have fell in love with it.

My other hobbies include studying Astrology and Wiccan arts. I collect crystals and cleanse my home of any negative energies. I live with my girlfriend and we're happily cohabiting together. Unfortunately, she's not into any games I play and I've tried to get her to join Zenyte.

I have two kids a wife and work at the nsa so not too many hobbies. I do enjoy playing go (Chinese chess), reading, and I write 1500 words of a novel I’m working on daily (currently at 130k)