Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Update log 17/08/19 - QOL and bug fixes + upcoming updates

49800136b4.png

With large content like the Chambers of Xeric, Wintertodt and Grotesque Guardians just round the corner, we've done some small bug fixes and much needed QOL updates to keep you guys updated.

Updates:

• Uncut gems can no longer be used on each other to be added to a gem bag
  • House teleports are now completely disabled while construction is unreleased
  • Lunar group teleports now require the correct magic level and runes to cast at all
    • The caster now also no longer receives the teleport prompt interface
  • Smelting bars (including superheating) now takes coal from coal bags if there is none left in your inventory
  • Coin pouches will now be received from pickpocketing instead of coins
    • You can hold up to 28 coin pouches before they must be opened
    • Coin pouches cannot be banked or traded
    • Pouches turn into coins on death
  • A move-home command has been added for moderators to move stuck players back home
  • Desert Amulet 4 now correctly protects you from the desert heat
    • The Desert Amulet teleport now teleports you to the Kalphite Cave, rather than the Kalphite Lair
  • You can now kill a single Thermonuclear Smoke Devil off-task in order to complete the diary
  • Sandpits in Zanaris, Entrana, Rellekka and Dorgesh-Kaan now work
  • Buying graceful now adds it to your collection log
    • Any untradables which are not already in your collection log will now be added on log-in
  • Proselyte skirt counts as legs when wearing the full set for the Falador Diary
  • Fire max capes can now be used to enter the deeper regions of Mor Ul Rek
  • Slayer partner fixes
  • Pineapple trees now require watermelons instead of tomato seeds for protection
  • Stackable items no longer glitch out when cleaning them with a cleaning cloth
    • Cleaning clothes are no longer used up when cleaning weapons
  • You must be using melee when finishing off a demon with the Silverlight to count towards a demon kill
  • Ardougne Max Cape now acts like an Ardougne Cloak 4
  • Vote shop changes
    • Coal bag has been added
    • Guthix Dragonhide Boots have been added
    • Guthix Blessing has been added
    • Dwarven helmet has been added (you cannot claim this back if you lose it)
    • Useless cosmetics have been removed
    • Some useful items have had their prices increased

Status of upcoming updates:

Chambers of Xeric:

Raids are @Kris' project.

Raids are currently in heavy testing by the QA Team, and larger group raids consisting of multiple experienced raiders are planned very soon. All rooms have been written and they just need a few tweaks to make them 100% accurate to OSRS.

Wintertodt:

Wintertodt is my project.

I haven't been working on Wintertodt for a few days as I've been busy irl and with other development duties. I'd say Wintertodt is about 85% of the way there, with the biggest thing left being the rewards. We need to decide what exactly the rewards will be (sticking closely to OSRS'), and after that just fine tuning to get it true to Old School. I have around 700 Wintertodt kills on OSRS myself so I've been able to test it well and know how things are supposed to function.

Grotesque Guardians:

Grotesque Guardians are @Tommeh's project.

Dusk and Dawn are the closest to completion of the three main projects, and they are just on the horizon. They have been going through QA recently and just need some minor adjustments.

Grand Exchange/market changes:

There are a couple of Grand Exchange changes coming shortly which we've all been working on.

The first being automatic updating of prices based on successful transactions. These will update periodically and allow for up to a 5% change per day. As prices update, the prices on RuneLite will be updated too (including examining items). When this update comes out all existing prices will be updated to be much more accurate rather than using OSRS prices.

The second change is being able to see recent trades (not GE trades) online. It's still being developed, and will include a search bar and automatic updating; here's a preview:

VhRU2cx.png

The final change is being able to see current item offers, which I'm sure you've all been wanting. Without needing to say much more than this, I'll just leave you with a gif of the current proposed interface; note, still WIP.

e68705be25.gif

Thanks, the Zenyte staff team

• Like 14

Very nice updates and future updates! I always say with confidence when I tell people everything is coming, just in due time. No project is easy when done correctly, and you guys are doing a wonderful job. 

This is the benifit of having the best devs of the RSPS community here. 10 weeks on STILL NO SERVER GOT MOBILE LOL.

• Like 1

Glad too see some updates! 

1 hour ago, YaKnoTheVibe said:

rip ironmen with the vote rewards being increased

Not sure how that correlates. Voting doesn't effect negatively towards ironmen, or anyone.

Fantastic updates as always, especially the ones in the pipe-line. Can't wait for those to be released. 

Looking Amazing! Can't wait for everything you guys have planned.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop aswell! 🙂

Great updates lads. I think the most anticipated update of this patch would be seeing the GE offers. Looking forward to CoX, Wt and D&D. Keep at it!

• Like 1

Lovely to see these pushed to live, nice little QOL before the main content pushes will tide over the community nicely. Great work to the development team 🙂

Looking forward to the updates coming w/ GG, Wintertodt and Raids soon ❤️ 

Quality over quantity. The wait will be worth it. 

Wonderful quality of life changes. Great job! 🙂

23 hours ago, n word said:

This is the benifit of having the best devs of the RSPS community here. 10 weeks on STILL NO SERVER GOT MOBILE LOL.

Yeah but every other server has CoX "LOL"

looks good! Quality > quantity. Any news on when partner slayer will be released, and do you guys plan to add rewards/benefits to the lower xp rates ingame?

Thank you for the amazing content and updates! Excited to see what comes next 🙂

GE update looks sick any ideas on raids released? deadlines? timelines?

• Like 1

Great updates Corey! Love the new searching of the G.E. even though I'm an ironman and can't use the feature! Keep up the good work, appreciate you greatly! ❤️ Blisziful 

Very impressed, nice meeting you in the discord man ❤️ 

• Like 1