Tigger

What do you do for work?

Curious. It’s interesting to see all the unique careers out there. I’ll start:

I am an Avionics Technician (Aviation Electronics). Ranging from radar, to test equipment and even small PCBs. 

What about you?

• Like 1

I'm a full time EMT doing 911, and work at two other agencies one also doing 911 service and one doing medical transports 🙂

5 hours ago, One said:

I'm a full time EMT doing 911, and work at two other agencies one also doing 911 service and one doing medical transports 🙂

Sounds awesome, my mother is a critical care paramedic, 20 years in the running. Keep doing what you do!

I have just acquired a new job at an Amazon Fulfillment Center! I haven't started, but do so on 8/13 so I will definitely have to keep ya posted and let you know my job duties and how I am liking it! Great topic! ❤️ Blisziful 

1 hour ago, Blisziful said:

What is your job title or what do you do at Walmart? 

Receiving truck shipments

On 8/12/2019 at 12:33 AM, Jett said:

Receiving truck shipments

That's cool. I just went to my orientation for Amazon today, and found out my department is Inbound Receiving on the Robot & Conveyor floor which is super cool. 

52 minutes ago, Blisziful said:

That's cool. I just went to my orientation for Amazon today, and found out my department is Inbound Receiving on the Robot & Conveyor floor which is super cool. 

I do that for Walmart 😛

3 hours ago, One said:

Interesting all the different jobs we all do.

Indeed it is, Life and I have very very similar jobs.

7 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

I make bread, Ice cream and other desserts and do art commissions on the side.

Interesting, do tell!

I'm a delivery driver for a farm that grows everything from stuff for your salads, to edible flowers and so on.  I also build cars and fix cars on the side at home, so you could say I'm a bit of a machinic 🙂 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:26 AM, Hexae said:

Intervention officer in a juvenile detention center

What does an intervention officer do?

24 minutes ago, Hxrdcore said:

I manage the content across 2,000 websites for 8 different food chains in the UK, as well as their apps. 

What does that mean? Are you in charge of their social media or do you curate their channels with social media representatives actually working under you?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, One said:

What does an intervention officer do?

What does that mean? Are you in charge of their social media or do you curate their channels with social media representatives actually working under you?

Same as a prison officer except we deal with juveniles.

Edited by Hexae

15 hours ago, One said:

We don't work with their social media, no – we create their websites, and control all of the content on them, from the copy & assets to their menus, pricing & offers. Then on their apps, we publish all the push notifications, offers & vouchers and everything that comes with that.

Basically, the parent company who owns all of the food chains, outsources all of their digital content management to us. 

20 hours ago, Hexae said:

Same as a prison officer except we deal with juveniles.

Ah, everyone keeps telling me to join corrections (I'm pursuing a career in law enforcement hopefully) for the money, but I do not think I could deal with juveniles.

5 hours ago, Hxrdcore said:

We don't work with their social media, no – we create their websites, and control all of the content on them, from the copy & assets to their menus, pricing & offers. Then on their apps, we publish all the push notifications, offers & vouchers and everything that comes with that.

Basically, the parent company who owns all of the food chains, outsources all of their digital content management to us. 

Oh wow, that sounds a lot more heavy working though! Better than just dealing with social media posts, sounds like you're actually creating/improving content then just pushing the agenda.

3 hours ago, One said:

Ah, everyone keeps telling me to join corrections (I'm pursuing a career in law enforcement hopefully) for the money, but I do not think I could deal with juveniles.

Oh wow, that sounds a lot more heavy working though! Better than just dealing with social media posts, sounds like you're actually creating/improving content then just pushing the agenda.

If you want money, work at Amazon with @Blisziful lol

25 minutes ago, Hexae said:

If you want money, work at Amazon with @Blisziful lol

I’m an EMT now, I’m good for now 😛

• Like 1