Tommeh

Update log 20/07/2019 - Zenyte Mobile, birdhouses and more!

The long-awaited update is finally here! This time we bring you Zenyte Mobile, bird houses and a bunch of fixes.

Zenyte Mobile

Yes you heard that right, Zenyte Mobile. You will now be able to play Zenyte on your phone as well! Only Android phones are supported for now, as iOS requires a jailbroken device to play and to develop on, plus doing an iOS client is much more difficult in general. To play Zenyte on Android device, simply go to https://zenyte.com/play and download the .apk file!

Birdhouses

Birdhouses have been fully implemented. There are 4 birdhouse spaces around Fossil Island where you can setup your birdhouses. The timers are the same as OSRS (~50 minutes) but are lowered cumulatively starting as an Emerald Member. You will be able to find the exact timers on the donator benefits thread. Mycelium teleportation has also been implemented with this update. All the teleports are unlocked by default to easily travel through Fossil Island and the birdhouse spaces. To make birdhouses you will need clockworks. You can buy these from the Skilling shop at home.

Bugfixes and small content additions

• To compliment birdhouses, extra seeds have been added to birdnests; these include redwoods, teak, mahogany and dragonfruit
  • Added the requested custom pet for the discord contest winners (top 3).
  • Added the custom pet for Zenyte Members.
  • Added clockworks to the Skilling shop.
  • Game noticeboard timers are no longer paused when you hide orbs.
  • Daily challenges now show the right experience amount.
  • Custom pets (from the store, discord contest or the zenyte member one) are no longer lost on death.
  • Fixed the head appearance for the lederhosen hat.
  • Morytania legs now give you the slayer xp boost whilst doing your slayer assignment in the Slayer Tower.
  • Fixed the smelt 75 runite bars daily challenge. It will now progress properly.
  • Random events will no longer occur for staff members.
  • You can now turn your Zamorakian hasta back into a spear by using the hasta on Otto Godblessed.
  • The auto-compost donator benefits now applies regular, super or ultra compost depending on the tier.
  • The world switcher is here; available on both mobile and desktop this will allow you to switch to other worlds if they're available, as well as show the player count and activity of each world
  • Boost potion share spell no longer removes more potions than necessary.
  • Potential fix for npcs freezing out of the blue and becoming unkillable implemented.
  • Fixed an issue with mithril dragon drops, where the drop would occasionally not appear.
  • Dwarf multicannon restrictions applied to Zulrah's lair as well as Vorkath's island.
  • Aviansies task now works for Kree'arra as well as its minions.
  • Scorpia's attack range increased.
  • Zulrah should no longer send an additional attack out to the player when they die.
  • Players are no longer "cleared" so soon after logout - this caused a wide variety of problems, most of which weren't exactly visible but definitely were important.
  • Rewrote area detection code to hopefully patch an issue where the player wouldn't be registered in the area they were within.
  • Another patch for hunter, hopefully fixes the issues with player being unable to set up any traps. I've also added a fail-safe if this still persists after the update.
  • Third-age druidic equipment can now be worn.
  • Dragon knives have been given the level 60 Ranged requirement.
  • Vet'ion can now be slain for the "Skeletons" assignment.
  • Fixed the two ladders on Neitiznot islands which allowed players to noclip.
  • Added some more vote rewards - more will come in the near future.

Media

Screenshot_20190715-234827_Zenyte.jpg

QeZ54ki.jpg

UTmKcn5.jpg

733c881392.png

33e49bace5.png

c6f8fd014c.pngdeef0c71a9.png

Mobile world switcher:

Screenshot_20190716-123756.jpg

Desktop world switcher:

unknown.png

• Like 10

Amazing update. Well done Dev team! ❤️

Amazing stuff! Really impressed with this update. Can't wait to go to work and play Zenyte on mobile now either pog.

Great job from the Dev team, well-deserved to be the first server to release Mobile.

Awesome work, I was looking foward for birdhouses! Thank you very much for this wonderful update. 🙂 Good job on being first on RSPS mobile too!

Amazing update, can't wait to play! You guy's have all done an amazing job so far! Can't wait to see what the future of Zenyte has in store!

Superb updates team! Mobile is a game-changer for sure, well done once again. 

Posted (edited)

Zenyte mobile is so underrated and a few "thank you"s can go a long way but in all of my years playing on private servers, the thought of this being the first ever is phenomenally badass. I never thought I'd see mobile ever and I've been around since Blakescape. I call myself a real RSPS OG of sorts. Shit is wild. Seriously impressed if this lasts. The opportunities just opened up a dam of awesomeness. A massive underrated thank you from me as well. A new era of RSPS is here and Zenyte owned that shit.

Good stuff team. Seriously.

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Can't wait to check out these vote rewards!!

Great Job to all Staff members involved in all these Updates/Bug fixes!

Nice updates guys!

Who the fuck still has an android lmao

• Confused 1
  • Dislike 5

great update!!! but any word on when mining gloves are going to be added into the game? it was approved a while ago

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tommeh said:

To compliment birdhouses, extra seeds have been added to birdnests; these include redwoods, teak, mahogany and dragonfruit

That's exciting having more trees/fruits to farm! Wish I would have saved my 100 seed nests for this update!

Morytania legs now give you the slayer xp boost whilst doing your slayer assignment in the Slayer Tower.

I had no idea they did this, I should research the benefits of ALL of the rewards from the items from the diaries. 

Random events will no longer occur for staff members.

I feel like there should be a command for staff members to have the option if they want random events or not. I know for a fact I always appreciate that 7,500 exp lamp. 

Added some more vote rewards - more will come in the near future.

Yes! We needed more rewards! I'll check them out next time I'm at home, and I can't wait to see what the future brings! 

Thanks again for another great update! I hope to see mobile in the future for iOS users! Thanks for all the hard work the team does 🙂 Happy to be apart of this community! ❤️ Blisziful 

Good work on Zenyte Mobile and the Birdhouses. Definitely two pieces of amazing content. Everyone and I are really looking forward to Raids being released soon 🙂

Solid update! Will be awesome to play Zenyte on the go now! 🙂

Cant wait to come back, amazing updates as usual.

Absolutely a bunch superb updates! First RSPS to implement mobile?! Now that's an achievement to be proud of. Hope it helps increase our overall player-base, like it did for OldSchool Runescape. All within good time though! Thanks team.