Bad Player

In-game Dropping connection

Every now and then, I get Connection lost error message but I can log straight back in, then when I ping the server I get a consistent >20 and if I have anything else open they aren't affected at all so it doesn't seem like my connection is fluctuating. Already allowed the client through firewall but I don't know the port to forward if that'll even do anything. Any ideas to sort this?

Thank you

2 hours ago, Bucket Head said:

43594 UDP and TCP, Try that. If not delete your cache and re-download the latest client.

How did you find the port?

9 minutes ago, Bad Player said:

Thanks for the snobby reply, obviously It's common knowledge most servers run on that port

Did forwarding the port help alleviate the problem?

4 minutes ago, glitch said:

Did forwarding the port help alleviate the problem?

No it didn't, that's why I asked about the port

Edited by Bad Player

Just now, Bad Player said:

No it didn't, that's is why I asked about the port

Ah my bad, didn't notice the order of questions asked.

Are any other services interrupted briefly during the time you experience the disconnect? Is it possible an anti-virus scan or something starts? Has it happened at certain time?

2 minutes ago, glitch said:

Ah my bad, didn't notice the order of questions asked.

Are any other services interrupted briefly during the time you experience the disconnect? Is it possible an anti-virus scan or something starts? Has it happened at certain time?

No worries lol
Nah no other programs seem to be affected at the same time, and I have tried turning off my anti-virus already with no luck. There's no pattern to it that I can tell so far
I can try ping the website next time it happens, idk if they're running on the same ip address

Edited by Bad Player

8 minutes ago, Bad Player said:

No worries lol
Nah no other programs seem to be affected at the same time, and I have tried turning off my anti-virus already with no luck. There's no pattern to it that I can tell so far

Perhaps a routing issue between you and the server? Seems a bit farfetched, but if nothing else is affected not sure what could be causing it. What kind of internet speeds do you have?

Edited by glitch

Just now, glitch said:

Perhaps a routing issue between you and the server? Seems a bit farfetched, but if nothing else is affected not sure what could be causing it. What kind of internet speeds do you have?

Idk possibly, depends where the server is hosted I guess. I get average of 70-80Mb/s so can't be the speeds

1 minute ago, Bad Player said:

Idk possibly, depends where the server is hosted I guess. I get average of 70-80Mb/s so can't be the speeds

Nah you should be good. I was concerned maybe you were on like a 10Mb/s or lower line like some people I know. Now they struggle. Where are you generally located if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it'd matter considering your internet isn't garbage tier.

5 minutes ago, glitch said:

Nah you should be good. I was concerned maybe you were on like a 10Mb/s or lower line like some people I know. Now they struggle. Where are you generally located if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it'd matter considering your internet isn't garbage tier.

I'm staying with family in Texas, US right now but I'm from England, and I'll only be here for another month. I literally was just disconnected so I managed to ping the website, average of 17ms so unless it's a different IP then I'm actually scratching my head with this one.
I've even tried switching between 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and ethernet but nothing at all

Edited by Bad Player

2 minutes ago, Bad Player said:

I'm staying with family in Texas, US right now but I'm from England, and I'll only be here for another month. I literally was just disconnected so I managed to ping the website, average of 17ms so unless it's a different IP then I'm actually scratching my head with this one.
I've even tried switching between 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and ethernet but nothing at all

It is a different IP, or at least I believe it is. My connection to the game server is 120ms from Michigan, while the website is 20ms. It's possible you've got higher latency which might play a factor in the random disconnects.

You could try going to:
C:\Users\User\.zenyte\launcher\cache

Creating a file called run.bat and editing it in notepad to contain the following contents:

java -jar client.jar
pause

Then execute the bat file directly. It'll open the client w/ console on the side printing out constant information. There's a possibility that the disconnections aren't caused by your network, but rather some error thrown in the client. This helps check that out - if it is true or not. When you disconnect, you can check the command prompt window. There's a possibility it'll have some sort of a stacktrace in it, pointing an exception of some sorts.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kris said:

You could try going to:
C:\Users\User\.zenyte\launcher\cache

Creating a file called run.bat and editing it in notepad to contain the following contents:

java -jar client.jar
pause

Then execute the bat file directly. It'll open the client w/ console on the side printing out constant information. There's a possibility that the disconnections aren't caused by your network, but rather some error thrown in the client. This helps check that out - if it is true or not. When you disconnect, you can check the command prompt window. There's a possibility it'll have some sort of a stacktrace in it, pointing an exception of some sorts.

Okay thanks man will do, and I'll let you know the results