Sign in to follow this  
Yuru Yuri

sotw sotm sotf pls

hi, how are you today

I've got some time to kill atm, I see like 4 other guys that do gfx here so when is it starting? I'm not really in pursuit of prizes but if people need that as motivation to enter it's cool. Looking forward to a definite answer regarding this.

This has been something briefly mentioned before but never formally recognized. Certainly something that could be set-up and ran by staff.

I've suggested Graphic incentives like SOTW and a rank but nothing has been fleshed out yet. They've stated before that SOTW's are never active enough to be worthwhile. 

Highly doubt that signature or graphical contest in general will be held as there is simply a lack of skillful artists.

15 hours ago, Nos said:

This has been something briefly mentioned before but never formally recognized. Certainly something that could be set-up and ran by staff.

yes pls

4 hours ago, lame said:

I've suggested Graphic incentives like SOTW and a rank but nothing has been fleshed out yet. They've stated before that SOTW's are never active enough to be worthwhile. 

I mean..they won't know unless they try. If it doesn't work out the first time, simply scrap it. As I said, I've counted at least a handful of people here that do gfx, if it's a matter of time needed to prepare then sotm would be the best choice.

2 hours ago, SilverNova said:

Highly doubt that signature or graphical contest in general will be held as there is simply a lack of skillful artists.

Don't want to sound mean but that's kinda disrespectful. The point of SOTM (my opinion) is to see variations in the way people do gfx and to show their creativity. Whether you're a beginner or not, everyone has something they need to improve on (myself included) and frequent practice through competitions is a great way to do it, which why I love entering them.

I want to add to my post that I wouldn't want this to be organized in a way that it would turn out to be a popularity contest, submissions would be anonymous during a voting period if it were to be held. I mean if there's absolutely no plans at all, I'd prefer if a staff member would step in and confirm so I don't bother them anymore.

• Like 1

With your reply to SilverNova's post, I think what he was trying to imply is that there is a lack of artists who will want to participate in such an event if it was to be something staff were to implement. SOTW/SOTM would be beneficial I can't disagree any further but with that being said, in all honesty I don't see many forum users engaging in an event that is dedicated to graphic designers. How ever don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. 

What Dylain said. Besides, there are other competitions I would like to see such as e.g. Member/Staff of the Month in order to provide recognition to those who work hard to make Zenyte a better place. A graphical competition is nice, yes, but it literally brings nothing to the table other than satisfy the few graphical designers/artists. You can literally not even know what Runescape is, and still win the contest. Yes, you could set requirements to counter that but doesn't that beat the spirit of the contest if you need to have X post count or be registered for X days?

TL:DR: While it is nice to have, it is frankly quite pointless. If designers want to compete, they can do so on another website or platform where there are a hundred and more designers alike them.

Edited by SilverNova
  • Like 1

Have to agree with Dylain and Silver. I'm for it, because they can be nice to have, but I don't think we have an active enough group of graphics artists for participation purposes. And I also think time would be better spent else where for competitions/contests.

Graphics competitions have been suggested and mentioned before. It was declined by Erza as there wouldn't be enough people participating in it.

Check out Erza's reply: 

Suggestion Declined.

• Like 1