Gepan

Update log 27/03/2022 - Boss Slayer

image0.png

March 2022 - Boss Slayer

Boss Slayer

Ellen (Slayer Master)
Ellen a member of the Myth's Guild has recently been established as a master of slayer. She specializes in the slaying of the most notorious and challenging monsters.  She will be able to assign adventures whom meet her requirements the ability to take on the most dangerous slayer tasks.  

Requirements:

• 95 Slayer
  • 120 Combat

Ellen.png

Location (Myth's Guild)

image.png

Task List:

• Cerberus
  • Thermonuclear Smoke Devil
  • Alchemical Hydra
  • Obor
  • Bryophyta
  • Skotizo
  • King Black Dragon
  • Tztok-Jad | TzKal-Zuk
  • Barrows
  • Giant Mole
  • Dagannoth Kings
  • Kalphite Queen
  • Kree'arra
  • Commander Zilyana
  • K'ril Tsutsaroth
  • General Graador
  • Zulrah
  • Vorkath
  • Corporeal Beast
  • Grotesque Guardians

Key of the Gods

Key of the Gods
The Key of the Gods is a key that is dropped by all of the God War Dungeon bosses and can be used on a chest located in the Wilderness Godwars Dungeon at the entrance.  This chest will allow for you to obtain a random chance to obtain any of the items obtained in the godwars dungeon despite which boss you obtained the key from.  The key will be dropped at a random chance from 1-16 to 1-20 depending on the boss and have about a 1-9 chance to obtain a item from the chest.

Ecumenical key detail.png

Chest of the God's (Location) 
The chest is located inside of the Wilderness Godwars Dungeon in the front entrance.  The entrance to the cave is pictured below. 

image.png

image.png

Additional Information: 

• Removed one of the Easter Bunny from the spawn in Edgeville.
  • Added some of the object and item descriptions for the last two updates.
  • Fixed a typo for the TzHaar Key in the fight caves completion interface.
  • Renamed the Resource Chest to Molten Chest.
  • Reduced the amount of GP obtained by voting.

@Akai Bara - Special thank you for all the work and effort you put into this update!

• Like 2

"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

Posted (edited)

New slayer boss, very nice.

Gwd key update will devalue GWD items especially ones that are harder to obtain as you can get any drop from any boss basically. If I was able to understand it correctly. 

Also nice to see chest in wilderness but if it's there to increase wildy activity (which is good) it won't work as intended because anyone can just bring 1 key and go open the chest with 0 risk meaning they have nothing to lose meaning the whole point of chest being in wilderness is gone unless there's something that I'm missing :(?

Unique idea obviously and at least an update but I'm not sure what the point is. So out of curiosity what is the point?

(New slayer master great update though, something that was very much needed for a long time and something that should be easily or at least somewhat easily doable) so good job on that.

Edited by CIA

4 hours ago, CIA said:

New slayer boss, very nice.

Gwd key update will devalue GWD items especially ones that are harder to obtain as you can get any drop from any boss basically. If I was able to understand it correctly. 

Also nice to see chest in wilderness but if it's there to increase wildy activity (which is good) it won't work as intended because anyone can just bring 1 key and go open the chest with 0 risk meaning they have nothing to lose meaning the whole point of chest being in wilderness is gone unless there's something that I'm missing :(?

Unique idea obviously and at least an update but I'm not sure what the point is. So out of curiosity what is the point?

I agree.

I think if it being in the wildy is to make it more active, why not make it you can only obtain a GWD item if you are risking a GWD item in the wildy?

That would be having 2 GWD items equipt/ in invy while skulled.

I feel that would actually make it (slightly) a risk/reward situation.

(plus the chest is in less than 30 wildy I believe?)

But also with the slayer master, can the combat level requirement be reduced/removed? 75 attack Zerkers, Range tanks and other builds can also do all those bosses on the list. (and pures if in the hand of the right people) I totaly agree with the slayer level req, I just don't understand why combat level locking content is even a thing.

Posted (edited)

First things first, you gotta find out, what the goals are with the updates and not assume without a second thought. Maybe the goal is not to make the Wildy more popular/increase its' activity. The goal could also be to simply make the content more interesting or any other reason. GWD entrance is close to the Wilderness so the chest location, to my eyes, is reasonable.

Furthermore, if you are worried about people not risking the keys/chest rewards then maybe its possible to make the keys always-lost on death. Sounds fair to me.

Not to hate on anyone. Just that the updates not neccessarily have to be orientated on one point.

Speaking of the new badass slayer master, its amazing. The Combat level requirement is hardly possible to become lower. While going for the 95 Slayer lvl, it's unlikely that you will stay in a lower Combat lvl bracket than the required one. 100 Combat lvl with such slayer lvl might still be possible if lvling on max combat 1 lvl Defence pure, i'm not sure. If so, the requirement could be 100 Combat lvl.

Edited by BurninLove

9 hours ago, BurninLove said:

Speaking of the new badass slayer master, its amazing. The Combat level requirement is hardly possible to become lower. While going for the 95 Slayer lvl, it's unlikely that you will stay in a lower Combat lvl bracket than the required one. 100 Combat lvl with such slayer lvl might still be possible if lvling on max combat 1 lvl Defence pure, i'm not sure. If so, the requirement could be 100 Combat lvl.

For example my 10 def pure is 91 slayer, yet 81 combat. Only has 99 range, 94 hp, but not even close to maxed.

A maxed 75 attack zerker is 99 combat.

Unless you're a main leveling defence (120 combat with 75 prayer requires max combat with 87 def) This content is locked off to you, like crystal keys are if you have less than 85 combat.

Some people just like to build accounts diffrent.

10 hours ago, BurninLove said:

First things first, you gotta find out, what the goals are with the updates and not assume without a second thought. Maybe the goal is not to make the Wildy more popular/increase its' activity. The goal could also be to simply make the content more interesting or any other reason. GWD entrance is close to the Wilderness so the chest location, to my eyes, is reasonable.

Furthermore, if you are worried about people not risking the keys/chest rewards then maybe its possible to make the keys always-lost on death. Sounds fair to me.

Not to hate on anyone. Just that the updates not neccessarily have to be orientated on one point.

I clearly said: but if it's there to increase wildy activity & I also mentioned that I might be missing something but based on the information we we're given it appears to be pointless to have it in the wilderness with the current system.

Key words: BUT IF, meaning I didn't assume anything. I ended it with a question mark as well.

So first thing is that YOU need to actually read what I said and not assume without a second thought.

• Like 1

Yeah I understand and agree.

Again though, IF the reason it is in the wildy is to increase wildy activity, then people with pking built accounts (under level 120) should also be able to engage with the content aswell.

What BurninLove said about keys being lost on death is probably the best way to make it still a risk (like emblems/larrans keys)

I believe the update overall is great, would just nice to get content that all level brackets can access.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:31 PM, Cresinkel said:

The Keys are untradeable and the chest is in level 28 wilderness so you lose the keys there (level 20+).

But is there any reward for people killing people looting keys? Do the keys drop to the pker?