Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CIA

Supporting the economy

Recommended Posts

I've been seeing lots of people discuss and complain about lower tier items not having enough demand & certain supplies that can't be sold which is why I've been thinking about these issues and I have an idea how to solve this issue but also get two birds with one stone by getting a better cash flow into the game that will stabilize the economy in the longer run:

As we all know RSPS & OSRS can't really be compared with each other due to different xp rates & drop rates which creates different kind of supply & demand compared to OSRS but that doesn't mean we can't have a balanced & healthy economy.

We could have more money going around in the economy but holding cash is the smartest thing to do 90% of the time due to constant
double donations, double drops & mass events that require 0 kc for gwd where spawn timers are lowered by 90% as well that gives artificial supply of items into the economy which ends up killing the real demand which leads to the items crashing in price due to 5 players selling the same item while nobody wants to or even needs to buy it.

So I suggest that from now on we do this to STABILIZE the economy:

1) Stop double donations, maybe do it once or twice a year. We could have 25% or 50% donation boost every now and then which would stabilize things.

2) Stop double drops, maybe do it once or twice a year. Certain items & supplies could be exceptions if there's an increased demand due to an update or some other reason. For example Zulrah scales, abyssal whips (thinking about TOB tent charges) & maybe if we have an increased player amount and there's suddenly a bigger demand for COX prayer scrolls they could be doubled if it can be justified in a proper way.

^ Having double drops makes people very active for those events but ends up killing the fun in general in the long run because people make way more money & end up achieving what they want faster than normally and have less stuff to do in-game which leads to boredom and players being inactive or even worse gambling/quitting.

People get too spoiled & used to everything being doubled so when drops are normal again they just afk and don't play the game because they can just wait for the next double event.

Just let the economy be the way it is in terms of items, getting artificially involved won't do any good for the economy, especially not in the long run.

If there's a demand for something the price will go up meaning that specific boss gives better gp/hour than before which will lead people to that place to supply the demand until the price does go down in a natural way. This will be much healthier for the economy.

So I suggest that we do the following changes to SUPPORT the economy: (At least temporarily) & keeping tracking the data and then adjust things if necessary

Certain things have absolutely no demand or then the demand is so small that people are desperate enough to sell the stuff for any amount just as long as it sells.

We need a high alch price or wilderness shop paying these amounts for the following things:


Dragonstone bolt tips: 250 each
Yew logs: 200 each
Magic logs: 500 each
Revenant ether: 200 each
Yew seed: 50k each
Magic seed: 100k each
Palm seed: 75k each
Dragonfruit seed: 150k each
Mahogany plank: 1000 each
Uncut onyx/Onyx/Amulet of fury: 1m
Dragon boots: 300k
Dragon pickaxe: 2m
Arcane scroll: 10m
Dex scroll: 20m

(I may have more items & supplies on my mind but this is dipping my toe in the water to test and see opinions before I potentially make a longer list)

This will also help the economy:

1) Callisto, venenatis & vet'ion should have a guaranteed 100k coins drop each kill.

2) Revenants need to have DOUBLED Dragon & Rune items like OSRS + we could make the exchangeable & high alchable emblems slightly more common drop.

3) Add Wilderness caskets (obtainable only from wilderness slayer) and they would work the following way or something similar:

Introduction: 3 different tiers (1,2,3) they are tradable + stackable in the inventory & dropped on death to the player who kills them.

A) Tier 1: Random 50-100k coins on open (Ruby rank get 5% boost, Dstone 10%, Onyx 15%, Zenyte 20%) obtained from slayer monsters: EVERYWHERE (1/20 chance)

B) Tier 2: Random 125-150k coins on open (Ruby rank get 5% boost, Dstone 10%, Onyx 15%, Zenyte 20%) obtained from slayer monsters: +20 deep (1/30 chance)

C) Tier 3: Random 150-200k coins on open (Ruby rank get 5% boost, Dstone 10%, Onyx 15%, Zenyte 20%) obtained from slayer monsters: +30 deep (1/50 chance)

If all of the boost %, wilderness level restrictions etc can't be done or if it's too difficult I can suggest a more simple idea but this was simply to give an example of what I had in my mind.

Deeper wilderness = better caskets (risk = reward) which is the whole idea of wilderness no matter what you do there.

Those drop rates & amounts of money were simple examples, they don't necessarily need to be that "high" but it's only to give an example.

Those donator rank boosts aren't a must do thing but just an idea as well.

Finally we need to make RESOURCE AREA & ROGUES CASTLE THIEVING much more profitable. They are 100% dead content right now.

You'll make more money almost anywhere in the game meanwhile having 0 risk of losing your money that you've made. That's only risk but 0 reward right now.

Thoughts?

 

 

Edited by CIA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely agree on the alch prices suggestions. Those will help stabilize the skilling economy as 1945 can't single handedly use the entire server's supplies.

Though I personally disagree with the proposed wildy boss changes. Custom coin drops isn't a great idea in my opinion, but I don't have an alternative off of the top of my head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Newish said:

Definitely agree on the alch prices suggestions. Those will help stabilize the skilling economy as 1945 can't single handedly use the entire server's supplies.

Though I personally disagree with the proposed wildy boss changes. Custom coin drops isn't a great idea in my opinion, but I don't have an alternative off of the top of my head.

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate how you explained why you AGREE or DISAGREE instead of only commenting your opinion without explaining why you think the way you do.

Although I'd like to hear why you dislike custom coin drops (restricted to wilderness only) because that place isn't rewarding enough at the moment.

Giving unrealistic high alch prices isn't really any different because that's "custom" too in a way at least but that was something that you were willing to support, how come 😮 ?

I for example would very much like to see magic seeds being a "decent" drop but right now you're lucky to sell them slowly 10-20k each which is nothing when you can vote daily for a much better reward in matter of seconds. Of course that's because we have faster xp rates and not too many players decide to go for 200m or player on 10x/5x which leads to them dropping in price due to low demand.

I think it's only fair to give magic seed (example) high alch price of 100k so that people that wish to buy them in the g/e would have to offer maybe 105-110k at least.

Edited by CIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double donations is a marketing tactic that (a) works and (b) brings, in the end, new players to the server as well as new items. I do not see why stopping it would be really that beneficial? It has obviously pros and cons, just like pretty much anything, but the pros of it surpassed the cons.

  • Like 1

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

237199164373467136

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2022 at 6:58 AM, Hexae said:

Double donations is a marketing tactic that (a) works and (b) brings, in the end, new players to the server as well as new items. I do not see why stopping it would be really that beneficial? It has obviously pros and cons, just like pretty much anything, but the pros of it surpassed the cons.

That's short sighted which will maybe be beneficial in the short term but have a negative impact on the economy & server itself in the long run.

Getting players at what cost? Making the economy worse? Many players play Zenyte because it's a good economy (FOR NOW) but having constant double drops etc will hurt the game in the long run. 

The best way to get players is by bringing quality updates. Double donations might be a marketing tactic but it doesn't have to be DOUBLE? It could be 25-50%.

What you think is maybe working in the short term but will simply turn Zenyte into any other RSPS in terms of economy being bad with too many items in the game that aren't bought by players because they already have them since obtaining everything is too fast and that also leads to people becoming bored and leaving the game if there's not enough to do.

Marketing with donations boost is important & having different kind of events but the reward must be more significant than the damage both short & long term.

That's why double donations isn't a good idea at least not more than 1-2 times a year but I'm not against donation boost being slightly more common especially if it's 20-50%.

I also think we need a different solution for double drops.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashihama said:

That's short sighted which will maybe be beneficial in the short term but have a negative impact on the economy & server itself in the long run.

Getting players at what cost? Making the economy worse? Many players play Zenyte because it's a good economy (FOR NOW) but having constant double drops etc will hurt the game in the long run. 

The best way to get players is by bringing quality updates. Double donations might be a marketing tactic but it doesn't have to be DOUBLE? It could be 25-50%.

What you think is maybe working in the short term but will simply turn Zenyte into any other RSPS in terms of economy being bad with too many items in the game that aren't bought by players because they already have them since obtaining everything is too fast and that also leads to people becoming bored and leaving the game if there's not enough to do.

Marketing with donations boost is important & having different kind of events but the reward must be more significant than the damage both short & long term.

That's why double donations isn't a good idea at least not more than 1-2 times a year but I'm not against donation boost being slightly more common especially if it's 20-50%.

I also think we need a different solution for double drops.

 

I would really like to understand this post, but I don't.. lol not that I tried, Anyways


Honorably Retired Staff Member 

237199164373467136

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hexae said:

I would really like to understand this post, but I don't.. lol not that I tried, Anyways

Quite a pointless response then?

1) You firstly claim that you'd really like to understand this post

2) At the same time you admit you didn't understand

3) Then you also admit that you didn't even try to understand it although you just said that you really wanted to understand it?

In other words: Your "wanting to understand" and "didn't try to understand" comments are in conflict with each other and therefore your

response was simply nothing else but USELESS.

I on the other hand did try to understand your logic behind replying to something that you weren't capable of understanding meanwhile you really wanted to understand but which you didn't even try to understand?

So with what result did I end up after trying to understand & analyze your logic behind your extremely weird response?

I'm simply not going to say it because I rather not insult your intelligence. Have a good day

 

Oh and next time you bother commenting on something you may want to decide whether you want to try to understand it or not, just some friendly advice for the future so that people may take you seriously.

Edited by Ashihama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,


Thank you for providing some feedback - However some of the supply and demand issues come directly from players being inconsiderate and hogging resources.  Reference the screenshots below of an actual bank.  I will look into some of your other suggestions in the thread but simply indicating that players are not holding onto items for self benefit is unfortunately not the case. 

I think one thing that we could consider in the sense of a suggestion is holding each other accountable when it comes to things like price gauging and being selfish or self motivated when it comes to suggesting updates and the take on the economy aspect.  An example of a self motivated suggestion would be adding increased drops to the wilderness for certain monsters. We have already added PVP armors, noted drops, a resource dungeon and the list goes on into the wilderness.  How about we consider taking a step away and adding 5 noted rune bars as a drop to Rune Dragons or a instant 1m drop each time someone kills a slayer superior? 

There is ways we can look into improving the economy and drops without using the wilderness because again we are wanting to boost the economy not boost the player count in the wilderness from my understanding of your suggestion but all of your answers seem directly reflectant of content the wilderness has to offer. 

Perhaps you could enlighten me on this?




image.pngimage.pngimage.png
 


"This may be a game, but it's real people with real emotions. Something that doesn't bother you may bother someone else"

gepan.pngrsz_little_sheriff.png.266c0880e359b09857a56b82ab4ff323.png

Game Updates | Report a Player | Guides | Report a Bug | Announcements | Events

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ashihama said:

Quite a pointless response then?

1) You firstly claim that you'd really like to understand this post

2) At the same time you admit you didn't understand

3) Then you also admit that you didn't even try to understand it although you just said that you really wanted to understand it?

In other words: Your "wanting to understand" and "didn't try to understand" comments are in conflict with each other and therefore your

response was simply nothing else but USELESS.

I on the other hand did try to understand your logic behind replying to something that you weren't capable of understanding meanwhile you really wanted to understand but which you didn't even try to understand?

So with what result did I end up after trying to understand & analyze your logic behind your extremely weird response?

I'm simply not going to say it because I rather not insult your intelligence. Have a good day

 

Oh and next time you bother commenting on something you may want to decide whether you want to try to understand it or not, just some friendly advice for the future so that people may take you seriously.

I understood the first one, because it was well explained. However, the structure of your sentences, in your second post, confused me. That's all. No need to be passive-aggressive towards individuals replying in the opposite direction of your point of view.

By the way, I don't really like you telling me ''I should take your friendly advice''. I feel like you downgrading me, which seems pointless here. You might need to lower down a little bit, friend.

Edited by Hexae
  • Like 1

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

237199164373467136

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gepan said:

Hello,


Thank you for providing some feedback - However some of the supply and demand issues come directly from players being inconsiderate and hogging resources.  Reference the screenshots below of an actual bank.  I will look into some of your other suggestions in the thread but simply indicating that players are not holding onto items for self benefit is unfortunately not the case. 

I think one thing that we could consider in the sense of a suggestion is holding each other accountable when it comes to things like price gauging and being selfish or self motivated when it comes to suggesting updates and the take on the economy aspect.  An example of a self motivated suggestion would be adding increased drops to the wilderness for certain monsters. We have already added PVP armors, noted drops, a resource dungeon and the list goes on into the wilderness.  How about we consider taking a step away and adding 5 noted rune bars as a drop to Rune Dragons or a instant 1m drop each time someone kills a slayer superior? 

There is ways we can look into improving the economy and drops without using the wilderness because again we are wanting to boost the economy not boost the player count in the wilderness from my understanding of your suggestion but all of your answers seem directly reflectant of content the wilderness has to offer. 

Perhaps you could enlighten me on this?




image.pngimage.pngimage.png
 

Thank you Matt for taking your time to read & give a proper comment.

Your comment about rune dragons made me think of something..

Perhaps on an ACTIVE slayer task you should be able to get double rune bars from rune dragons.

Also the idea around superior giving coins isn't a terrible idea either, I wonder why nobody has suggested that before (as far as I know) maybe 500k?

What's sad though is that you only see me as a pker when I do many other things on this game as well? 

1) I've completed almost 250 cox on CIA & Ashihama combined not to mention the completion of 3-4 infernal capes.

2) CIA has 900 kree kc & 350 zulrah kc. Ashihama has killed around 1200 demonics, almost 1300 hydra, almost 3000 shamans, +250 kree and almost 600 zulrah.

3) Ashihama has total xp of like 1740m (50x25)

Yet somehow each time I suggest something (basically anything) related to the wilderness I get attacked by you?

As if I'm only trying to suggest in terms of serving myself?

Perhaps you're not looking at the bigger picture:

1) The economy needs some sort of support at least with the cash + supply flow (you seem to agree with this) but yet you don't agree with wilderness being part of the solution. 

2) I agree that wilderness doesn't have to be the entire solution for it but wilderness does not have much to offer which is also why jagex has made revs a hot spot for cash + supplies to increase activity around there. Still nobody is forced to go there.

3) You can already at this point get so many things outside the wilderness so I wonder why would the extra boost for cash + supplies go there though when wilderness clearly still isn't anywhere near as rewarding as it should be.

 

Just to give you an example (this is also depending a bit on gear etc) but somewhat realistic & not too old data either way: Bandos GWD

Gear or skill requirements aren't exactly high and you can make an average of 2.5m / hour there on OSRS. But - like 500k supplies

However it's much higher gp/hour on Zenyte because:

1) We have 25% easier drops = the gp/hour is increased by 25%

2) Our bandos in-game costs way more than it does on OSRS. Bandos hilt, bcp & tassets are like x2 higher price. So what does this mean?

Firstly you multiply 2m PROFIT X 2 = 4m + the increased drop rate (25%) = bandos gwd is approximately 5m/hour on Zenyte

At what cost do you get that? 0 risk because it's not wilderness & not too high gear required or PVM skill. 

 

Another example would be hydra (3700k gp - 700k supplies on OSRS) = 3m per hour.

Lance on OSRS like 50m and here it's 150m (x3) + 25% increased drop rate.

So on Zenyte you can kill hydra for an average of like 11m/hour and this is with basically a blowpipe & anguish (80-100m gear) + not in wildy (0 risk).

Same thing & math is applied to many other bosses & especially COX.

 

Why wouldn't you want to increase the reward in the wilderness as well to a reasonable/fair amount compared with the risk that you're taking from potentially being killed by a pker that will take ALL of your loot? 

 

Perhaps you could enlighten me and the rest of us? Or are you just 110% against wilderness and pking for no good reason?

 

The whole idea is basically this:

1) Most of the gear & weapons in-game are obtained outside the wilderness and obviously it should remain that way as well.

2) Most of the resources are also obtained outside the wilderness from farming,fishing,herblore etc but BH shop is also supporting the potion flow which is good but maybe we could keep things the way they are outside wilderness since most of it is balanced & almost 1:1 with OSRS? 

However your rune dragon idea wasn't bad at all combined with my suggestion of double runite bars on task which is more of a down to earth amount in my opinion. We do not want to overflow the economy either and make all supplies crash in price and become worthless. That's not good either. This is why wilderness is also good because people get interrupted by pkers which stops stuff from coming into the game for a moment at least.

3) There's not too much money coming into the economy as of right now but it's at a reasonable level outside wilderness from alchables, boss coin drops, enchanted chest & so on. That's how it is on 07 too. That's why wilderness is the perfect place for RAW CASH and consistent cash as an option instead of killing a boss for 10 hours to reach the average amount of kills to hit the drop table. 

Do I want more pvmers, skillers & pkers into the wilderness? Of course, there's no question about it and why would I try to hide that or lie about it?

The wilderness can be an extremely fun, enjoyable and exciting place if it's done the right way so why wouldn't I want it to become more active?

We need to motivate people to go there though (RISK REWARD) not force anyone but also not just sit on our hands hoping for people to go there for absolutely no good reason because they won't unless there's money to be made.

I want wilderness to be active just as much as I'm looking forward to TOB, construction, group ironman, HD, revision upgrade & many other great updates that Grant will bring to us. Why does wilderness have to be an exception? Why can't you just allow it to be the fun & a rewarding place for those people that decide THEMSELVES to go there? Just because you would make wilderness reasonable gp/hour wouldn't mean that anyone is offended by it or feel forced to go there. They can go there if they want to or then they can just place the game like they always have. Nothing changes for those people that don't want anything to change. 

The people that have gone to wildy will continue to do it and maybe even more than normally or at least they will be more happy about the received loot.

Why are you so afraid of at least trying to make wilderness a fun,rewarding & enjoyable place? What's the worst thing that can happen? What can you possibly lose from at least trying? Absolutely nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hexae said:

I understood the first one, because it was well explained. However, the structure of your sentences, in your second post, confused me. That's all. No need to be passive-aggressive towards individuals replying in the opposite direction of your point of view.

By the way, I don't really like you telling me ''I should take your friendly advice''. I feel like you downgrading me, which seems pointless here. You might need to lower down a little bit, friend.

What comes around goes around. If you're complaining about me being disrespectful (if I understand you correctly) perhaps you should be taking a good look at yourself first. It doesn't matter to me if you're agreeing, disagreeing or completely neutral as long as you're respectful & capable of explaining your point of view.

"I didn't even try to understand" isn't exactly the kind of comment that is going to get you any respect. You may as well keep yourself out of the discussion then instead of giving useless comments. I expected more from an ex staff & veteran player.

"Newish" had a reasonable response for example but he didn't exactly agree with me or at least not on everything anyway.

He was also capable of admitting that he doesn't have a better solution to present at the moment either which is why he received some extra kudos for that.

Not exactly my problem if you feel offended because I went down to your level with my response. 

 

Edited by Ashihama
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying, bringing straight raw gp drops/buffed guaranteed gp on drop tables would only cause an inflation in the long run and devalue gp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HC Tuoppi said:

Just saying, bringing straight raw gp drops/buffed guaranteed gp on drop tables would only cause an inflation in the long run and devalue gp.

You're 100% correct, that's a valid point indeed but that's why it's a temporary solution and the cash flow can be adjusted in wilderness but there are also other measures to put in place such as different kind of money sinks. Grand exchange being one example and once we have revision upgrade and trouver parchment etc gets added to protect untradable items in wilderness you could also take advantage of this in order to have another useful money sink.

There's plenty of ways to do it but as of right now that's not the concern so that's something that doesn't need to be solved yet although it's smart to prepare for it in case we do get updates for more raw cash rolling into the game from wilderness etc.

It will take a long time though because items keep coming into the game but they never leave the game.

The only way for example bandos gear could go up in price is if:

1) more players come to the server (short term price would go up big but in the long term stabilize because more players will also create more supply)

2) for some reason people start to hoard bandos gear (maybe due to an update or something else)

But once a drop comes into the game it doesn't leave the game and right now there's too much supply for certain things.

Dragon pickaxe, amulet of fury, dragon boots, arc scroll, dex scroll = too much supply without any doubt.

Some items are also close to join "too much supply, too little demand" but they are being bought out of ge by merchers but in the long run it won't work because they will end up holding too many sets that can't be sold unless they crash the price.

Edited by Ashihama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A suggestion I have come up with after too much Cider and Stardew Valley, good game go play it.

I give you a dumb bundle of items trade in idea. Simple premise being to trade in a set of items to an NPC possibly with various theming, for example a bow crafting bundle that requires 1000 yew longbows, 500 magic longbows, and a dragon crossbow or something I dunno.

 

Numbers and items can be easily adjusted, but main point is whatever can be traded in to an NPC for an untradable token or just points to spend in a special shop. This functions as an item sink and can create demand for whatever items the staff feel like, provided there is a reason to trade in this stuff in the first place. Which brings me to the next point, what do we put in this theroectical shop? Stuff that doesn't add more money to the economy.

 

Some reward suggestions:

- A bond type that give credit towards rank but no store credits to spend, working as a decent money black hole but still getting something out of it, been doing this myself basically since I joined.

- A dumb pointless hat for people to flex with, or just special cosmetic in general, Zenyte themed max cape recolour maybe.

- Long duration bonus XP tomes

- 'Blighted' PvP items that are untradable and degrade

I'm not actually sure what else, this is kind of the bad part of this idea, you have to give people prizes that they are actually willing to dump money away for but don't give them money back, otherwise it is kind of pointless,

 

Pros: Money and item sink for whatever, creates demand for dead content items, the guy who likes making mith platebodies might actually be able to sell them to other players.

Cons: Someone has to program this garbage (interface similar to challenge headmaster maybe), pretty hard to balance rewards to actually engage players to use it, I came up with this in 5 mins and will probably hate it tomorrow, I don't really know what items need to be thrown in the trash like Atari ET.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Dratron said:

A suggestion I have come up with after too much Cider and Stardew Valley, good game go play it.

I give you a dumb bundle of items trade in idea. Simple premise being to trade in a set of items to an NPC possibly with various theming, for example a bow crafting bundle that requires 1000 yew longbows, 500 magic longbows, and a dragon crossbow or something I dunno.

 

Numbers and items can be easily adjusted, but main point is whatever can be traded in to an NPC for an untradable token or just points to spend in a special shop. This functions as an item sink and can create demand for whatever items the staff feel like, provided there is a reason to trade in this stuff in the first place. Which brings me to the next point, what do we put in this theroectical shop? Stuff that doesn't add more money to the economy.

 

Some reward suggestions:

- A bond type that give credit towards rank but no store credits to spend, working as a decent money black hole but still getting something out of it, been doing this myself basically since I joined.

- A dumb pointless hat for people to flex with, or just special cosmetic in general, Zenyte themed max cape recolour maybe.

- Long duration bonus XP tomes

- 'Blighted' PvP items that are untradable and degrade

I'm not actually sure what else, this is kind of the bad part of this idea, you have to give people prizes that they are actually willing to dump money away for but don't give them money back, otherwise it is kind of pointless,

 

Pros: Money and item sink for whatever, creates demand for dead content items, the guy who likes making mith platebodies might actually be able to sell them to other players.

Cons: Someone has to program this garbage (interface similar to challenge headmaster maybe), pretty hard to balance rewards to actually engage players to use it, I came up with this in 5 mins and will probably hate it tomorrow, I don't really know what items need to be thrown in the trash like Atari ET.

I think you could be onto something but I might have a different idea around it or let's call it a different approach hmm..

Okay let's say we do get a new shop that buys different kind of items for different kind of points that can be used to purchase something new or special:

The shop could have the following stuff:

 

- Reward 1) Pet hunter scroll  (I have two different ideas for this)

A) Global pet hunter scroll that would be unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanent 20% drop rate boost for all Bossing pets in-game

B) Bandos scroll (example) means you have to sacrifice = sell 1x of each bandos drop (chest,tassets,hilt or bgs + boots) in order to get the bandos scroll.

The bandos scroll then would give you 30% pet boost exclusively for general graardor.

 

 

- Reward 2)  Inside the Inferno scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanently let's you start inferno from wave 30

 

- Reward 3) Mutagen master scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanently gives you somewhere between 30-50% boost for mutagen at zulrah. Optional: 20-50% more zulrah scales per kill?

 

- Reward 4) Clue collector scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanently gives you 5% drop boost for all clue scrolls including pet

 

- Reward 5) Jar juggler scroll  unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanently makes all jar drops 30% more common. You may wonder why anyone would want this but if someone is going for collection log this will definitely help.

 

- Reward 6) Dragon destroyer scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Permanently gives you 5% damage boost against all dragons in-game

 

- Reward 7) Wilderness warrior scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Reward =

A) Making larran's key 10-20% more common, B) Wilderness tasks will give 10 more points per task, C) 10% pet boost for wilderness bosses & D) 10% boost for revs drop table & guaranteed double coins at revs

 

- Reward #8 Shiny slayer scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Reward =

A) Superiors will be 10% more common, B) Slayer pets 20% more common, C) Brimstone key 20% more common, D) 5% drop rate boost for everything on slayer task

E) Open up 1 or 2 more block task slots for slayer

 

- Reward 9) Sneaky skiller scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Reward =

A) 25% chance to smelt x2 cannonballs, B) 10-20% Boost for all skilling pets, C) 20% chance to get double resources for example anglerfish/magic logs/runite ore & so on.

D) 20% chance to get double crystal when mining/woodcutting/thieving, E) 

 

- Reward 10) Raid rage scroll unlocked with X amount of points from selling stuff to new shop: Reward =

A) Allows you to block 1 room permanently or skip one room depending on whatever is easier for Grant to develop (olm not included) if this is too overpowered or difficult to add we could let this person permanently unlock chest inside COX meaning they never need to get planks again.

B) 10% increased chance for olm pet & 10% increased chance for dust

C) 25% bigger stack of supplies at COX (including crystal shards)

D) 25% more common elite clue from raids

E) 25% more common dark relic from raids

F) You get extra 3 minutes to complete CM raid (SOLO)

 

Obviously all of these ideas are optional but I just wanted to throw in bunch of ideas then you can add the ones you like or make some changes to what I suggested.

Why would anyone sacrifice lots of money for any of this? Maybe not many people would at least not in the beginning but there's a decent amount of players that basically have most if not all of the best in slot gear & weapons unlocked meaning they don't have too much to do on the game at the moment because realistically many people won't bother try to unlock all pets for example on a private server that has 1:1 OSRS pet drop rate or mutagen being close to OSRS drop rates & collection log being 1:1 & 25% easier for certain things and 50% easier for dwh.

I'm not sure what the best solution is around this though like should it be restricted to high tier items? Common items but they obviously sell for less points? Coins included or not? Mix of everything? Hmm...

 

So what kind of items could potentially be on the list, that let's you sacrifice them to this shop for points and how much would these rewards cost?

- Uncut onyx/onyx/amulet of fury

- Dragon boots & dragon pickaxe

- Dex & arcane prayer scrolls

- Zuriel robes

^ those should at least 100% be added to the list. 

-> Potentially add these to the list as well: GWD drops, serp helms, magic fangs, wyvern shield, mystery box?

I can add more ideas to the list but before I put bigger amount of time into that I'd want to see first if you're even interested in this to begin with..

Thank you for the idea @Sir Dratron

 

 

 

Edited by Ashihama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ashihama said:

What comes around goes around. If you're complaining about me being disrespectful (if I understand you correctly) perhaps you should be taking a good look at yourself first. It doesn't matter to me if you're agreeing, disagreeing or completely neutral as long as you're respectful & capable of explaining your point of view.

"I didn't even try to understand" isn't exactly the kind of comment that is going to get you any respect. You may as well keep yourself out of the discussion then instead of giving useless comments. I expected more from an ex staff & veteran player.

"Newish" had a reasonable response for example but he didn't exactly agree with me or at least not on everything anyway.

He was also capable of admitting that he doesn't have a better solution to present at the moment either which is why he received some extra kudos for that.

Not exactly my problem if you feel offended because I went down to your level with my response. 

 

You are definitely taking it way too seriously Ashi. I also don't agree, and as mentioned above, don't feel okay with you being so rude. I will be transparent with you and say that I reported you last comment as it was unnecessary.

Regardless, I am wishing you a happy day and hoping @Gepandoes indeed look forward in some of your suggestions mentioned in your original post. There was some, not all, that deserved to be looked into.

Edited by Hexae

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

237199164373467136

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hexae said:

You are definitely taking it way too seriously Ashi. I also don't agree, and as mentioned above, don't feel okay with you being so rude. I will be transparent with you and say that I reported you last comment as it was unnecessary.

Regardless, I am wishing you a happy day and hoping @Gepandoes indeed look forward in some of your suggestions mentioned in your original post. There was some, not all, that deserved to be looked into.

Right, as I said the rudeness came from you, but the moment I gave you the same treatment you started to complain. 

You're more than welcome to report me or anyone else for that matter, but I'm slightly unsure what use I could possibly do with the information that you're reporting me.

Sadly for you I'm perfectly aware of Zenyte rules and there isn't much to report anyway. You do realize that all of this is public chat for everyone to see on the forums? My point being that I don't exactly have anything to hide and therefore I couldn't care less if you report any of the things I've said here because I'm perfectly fine saying it because it's in line with Zenyte rules. 

Being rude is not against the rules or else I would have reported you as well and I'm only rude to those who are rude to me so that's entirely up to you which kind of treatment you want from me because it's 100% based on how you treat me.

Do I enjoy being rude? Absolutely not, I'd prefer having a reasonable conversation instead, but there isn't much else I can do if someone else comes here with their half troll comments instead of caring about the game & actually trying to have a discussion on how we could make it more enjoyable for the players. It's fine if you don't care, because you don't have to, but at least be quiet if you don't have any constructive feedback.

Again I don't care if you agree/disagree with my suggestions or if you're completely neutral. 

The only thing I care about is bringing up valid points for why you agree or disagree on something and perhaps if you have any own ideas.

Other comments are quite useless, because a simple "no" or "I disagree" doesn't help, because it doesn't give any proper feedback on why you dislike the idea & doesn't give any indication to any direction on what the players would want to see if they only come here with a simple "no".

Collecting data on what players would want is the main idea. What do they like & dislike, but more importantly why?

You could also show more appreciation towards people that are willing to put hours of their own time into suggestions even if you dislike & disagree unless you simply don't care about Zenyte anymore, but if you didn't care it would be slightly weird why you even comment in the first place on Zenyte forums. So I'm going to assume that you care at least on some level, but maybe I'm wrong.

 

I also wish you a happy day.

Edited by Ashihama
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ashihama said:

Right, as I said the rudeness came from you, but the moment I gave you the same treatment you started to complain. 

You're more than welcome to report me or anyone else for that matter, but I'm slightly unsure what use I could possibly do with the information that you're reporting me.

Sadly for you I'm perfectly aware of Zenyte rules and there isn't much to report anyway. You do realize that all of this is public chat for everyone to see on the forums? My point being that I don't exactly have anything to hide and therefore I couldn't care less if you report any of the things I've said here because I'm perfectly fine saying it because it's in line with Zenyte rules. 

Being rude is not against the rules or else I would have reported you as well and I'm only rude to those who are rude to me so that's entirely up to you which kind of treatment you want from me because it's 100% based on how you treat me.

Do I enjoy being rude? Absolutely not, I'd prefer having a reasonable conversation instead, but there isn't much else I can do if someone else comes here with their half troll comments instead of caring about the game & actually trying to have a discussion on how we could make it more enjoyable for the players. It's fine if you don't care, because you don't have to, but at least be quiet if you don't have any constructive feedback.

Again I don't care if you agree/disagree with my suggestions or if you're completely neutral. 

The only thing I care about is bringing up valid points for why you agree or disagree on something and perhaps if you have any own ideas.

Other comments are quite useless, because a simple "no" or "I disagree" doesn't help, because it doesn't give any proper feedback on why you dislike the idea & doesn't give any indication to any direction on what the players would want to see if they only come here with a simple "no".

Collecting data on what players would want is the main idea. What do they like & dislike, but more importantly why?

You could also show more appreciation towards people that are willing to put hours of their own time into suggestions even if you dislike & disagree unless you simply don't care about Zenyte anymore, but if you didn't care it would be slightly weird why you even comment in the first place on Zenyte forums. So I'm going to assume that you care at least on some level, but maybe I'm wrong.

 

I also wish you a happy day.

You already said that

Edited by Hexae

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

237199164373467136

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...