Itzcnote100

Poll for Rework of Content Rewards/New Items - Please read main post before voting.

Poll for Rework of various content rewards and possible new items  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start doing "Skill of the week" events? Top 3 experience earners during the week will be rewarded.

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  2. 2. If skill of the week passes, would you like to see two separate categories for main accounts and new accounts?

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  3. 3. Should we implement upgrade tokens? Information on the upgrade tokens is in the main post.

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  4. 4. Should we implement skilling tokens? Information on the skilling tokens is in the main post.

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  5. 5. Should we add more skilling outfits to the game? These would provide a boost in experience as a full set bonus.

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  6. 6. Should skilling outfits be creatable with skilling tokens?

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  7. 7. Should we do a vote rewards rework?

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  8. 8. Should we get rid of the the current vote shop in favor of a different system?

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  9. 9. If we implement a different reward system for voting what type of rewards would you like to see?

• Experience rewards? Post suggestions in comments
    • Boosts/temporary perks. Post suggestions in comments
    • Items? Post suggestions in comments
    • Cosmetics? Post suggestions in comments
    • Other? Specify in comments.
  10. 10. Should ironmen be restricted from obtaining upgrade tokens?

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  11. 11. What would you prefer, double drops or double rolls per kill? More Information can be found on the main post.

• Double drops
    • Double rolls per kill
  12. 12. Should we add Luck of the dwarves to all drop tables, with the rarity based on the combat level of the monster? Information can be found on the main post.

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  13. 13. Should we add Hazlemere's Signet Ring? This would be an ultra rare drop from monsters while wearing the luck of the dwarves. The HSR function would be explained in the main post

• Yes
    • No (comment reason)
  14. 14. Should we implement degradable skilling tools that would come with certain perks? Perks would be clarified in the main post.

• Yes
    • No
  15. 15. Do you want to see polls more often or less?

• More
    • Less

The upgrade tokens would really only benefit ironmen and lower xp rate modes as getting this level gear isn't too difficult otherwise. And ironman restriction is likely to pass so would only really but for lower xp normals which I don't believe is worth the allocation of time to create. 

Not a huge fan of the custom rings. Having a ring with brimstone stats plus an extra bonus would essentially make it a new bis. The bonus of another combat specific ring compared to brimstone wouldn't be enough to choose over a chance at double drop. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Itzcnote100 said:

Upgrade Tokens

These tokens will allow players to upgrade the tier of weapons or armor,  taking the previous weapon and tokens from your inventory and replacing it with the upgraded item. For example,  upgrading dragon scimitar to barrows weapon, you would select the tickets in your inventory, use them on the dragon scimitar, and then select which weapon you want to upgrade it to. You would NOT be able to obtain gear from GWD, Raids, ToB or other certain bosses through upgrade tokens. These tokens mainly only apply to smithable items + certain dragon and barrows items.

I don't think this would really ever be used for actually upgrading current gear as basic gear is already pretty dang easy to get.  I think this has to most potential for drop loot being upgraded for better high alch price.

Skilling Tokens

These tokens will provide a selectable bonus while skilling. While they are in your inventory, you will either gain bonus experience or an extra item during skilling, consuming tokens at a 1 token per 1 action ratio.

I like this as well. I don't think there should be ANY exp boosts.. I do like the thought of getting like a chance of an item being noted while skilling. We need more skilling items in circulation

Double Drops vs. Double rolls

In place of the double drop events, or perhaps as another event, we would add an extra roll of the drop table for each kill, giving you better chances at receiving those sweet sweet l00t drops.

I see people wildly misunderstanding this part... its for events just like BXP. Doesn't always happen but if you guys do turn it on, I would much rather get double drop chance than actually doubling the drop.

Luck of the Dwarves

This ring would be a super rare drop, with combat stats as well as a perk that would give an extra roll on the Rare Drop Table (which is the separate drop table various monsters can access) every time it is rolled naturally.

Personally not a big fan of this one. I can see this being pretty dead content to be honest

Hazelmere's Signet Ring

This ring would be an ultra rare drop, that can only be obtained while wearing the Luck of the Dwarves while killing monsters. It would have combat stats that rivals the brimstone ring and a perk which has a very small chance to double your drops from PVM while worn.

I don't like this idea because it's just a rich get richer item.... Then if it is untradable its a useless item to ironmen. Tough one but I personally don't like the idea.

Degradable Skilling Tools

These tools would be the same tier as crystal, with the perks of infernal tools, which will need charges to activate. You will receive no extra xp for the secondary action.

Pickaxe - mining any ore will smelt the ore into a bar when the resource is received. Such as mining iron ore would turn it into an iron bar. Mining coal would produce a steel bar, etc 

Axe - chopping trees will burn logs when the resource is received. 

Harpoon - fishing with this item will cook fish as you receive them. Having it in your inventory while you fish with other tools will also provide the same effect.

I do like this idea... but it has to be implemented in a good way. Should not be super easy to get. 

Edited by Gilly jr
  • Zenyte 1

Probably the worst batch of ideas so far

No to literally all of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YSL said:

Probably the worst batch of ideas so far

No to literally all of them

Which one specifically have you liked the less?

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

I voted yes to most of it, im a fan of content and im open to change/try new stuff, ill repeat what i said yesterday, we have to cater to everyone and not just push the updates we want, if the community hates the idea being polled the votes will reflect it.

• Zenyte 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RedHelmetGuy said:

I voted yes to most of it, im a fan of content and im open to change/try new stuff, ill repeat what i said yesterday, we have to cater to everyone and not just push the updates we want, if the community hates the idea being polled the votes will reflect it.

None of this is content tho? 😄

51 minutes ago, RedHelmetGuy said:

Maybe not for you no

For nobody. Unless you can explain to me how killing certain mobs that already exist who everyone is already killing with just a new drop are new content?

GUYS. I've been thinking about it and I had an idea for one of your poll questions, IF those tools you guys mentioned would be named ZENYTE tools and that we'd get rid of the creating the whole bars thing... THEN I would 420% support that suggestion & be willing to change my vote if it were possible !!!! 

How can those Zenyte tools be created?.... Same way as you create your zenyte jewlry and shit... Use a Zenyte shard, but instead on an Dragon Axe/Pick/Harpoon .. to create Zenyte tools..... Still custom ... I know.. BUT it would currently flow very well with the zenyte starting weapons and the Zenyte beta armour.... What do you guys say??

Edited by 1945
  • Zenyte 1

7 hours ago, 1945 said:

GUYS. I've been thinking about it and I had an idea for one of your poll questions, IF those tools you guys mentioned would be named ZENYTE tools and that we'd get rid of the creating the whole bars thing... THEN I would 420% support that suggestion & be willing to change my vote if it were possible !!!! 

How can those Zenyte tools be created?.... Same way as you create your zenyte jewlry and shit... Use a Zenyte shard, but instead on an Dragon Axe/Pick/Harpoon .. to create Zenyte tools..... Still custom ... I know.. BUT it would currently flow very well with the zenyte starting weapons and the Zenyte beta armour.... What do you guys say??

Sounds more reasonable indeed

• Zenyte 1

Honorably Retired Staff Member 

In regards to Upgradeable Tokens. Definitely not there are bountiful ways to obtain the upgrades that have been listed.
If you potentially took the skill/upgrade tokens concept as a whole, I would:

Change the use of upgradeable tokens entirely to what's been originally suggested in main post to tokens which can be transmuted into, useful item boxs' for instance a secondary herbs box yadda yadda..
These tokens can be handed in to an NPC where there could be a dialogue choice of a certain set of skills.
Upon choosing a skill for example:
Runecrafting > allows for sets of combination runes/ 10 most popular spell runes. 

---------------

The skilling tokens I would maybe think of more as a donator benefit perhaps which allows for the member to be able to acquire an additional item whilst skilling or to smelt a bar whilst mining.